It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wealth doesn't trickle down – it just floods offshore, research reveals

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   
You know I feel sorry for rich people, dealing with their spoiled kids, and having to much time to spend with them giving what they want. Trying to decide what to eat the next day, when Mc'Donalds or pizza from a street corner could enrich their life with taste, where all types of food have as much taste as bread, and the wine don't make life any more interesting.

Especially, since they won't be working as hard as Mommy and Daddy did, wasting that hard earned fortune that they sacrificed blood, and tears...

Rich people have feelings, I just found that out.
edit on 31-7-2015 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Specimen

There's a trend beginning in China wherein CEOs and other ultra-rich people are donating their entire fortunes to charity and not giving a single yuan to their children when they die. Their reasoning? "If I raised them right, they will become successful without need for my money."

It's kinda neat, actually.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: SheopleNation

Nope! I'm quite well fed. Just ate "lunch" (if a meal at 2:30 AM counts as lunch, that is).

Does that mean I'm not qualified to discuss the specifics of trickle-down economics?

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

I know someone doing that with his kids.

He is worth something like £20 Million and he not leaving anything to his kids except his business and only then if they can prove if they can run it.

It up to them to take it and run it.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Damn son have him slide some of that cheese my way.

I am wholly undeserving of it and will most assuredly blow it on inconsequential crap, but at least I'm honest about it!

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Yea, its been done before even with some poor, middle class, and even the rich, where the family steady and secure, but won't give a cent to their children when they reach a certain age due to the lack of discipline...brrrhh.

And it actually worked for the most part, to where they are very secure, independent, and manage themselves very well. If anything, it's a great way to protect ones own investment for future considerations of putting someones name in a will that won't blow it as easy as they got it on Cocaine or Hookers.

It how one makes the right investments by making the right choices in life isn't it?

Which I've seen happen with one of my parents siblings, who blew a fortune of life savings in a month. Now he's a bum on some street corner that I won't want to go near, which is probably down the street.

Easy come, easy go.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Specimen

Yea, its been done before even with some poor, middle class, and even the rich, where the family steady and secure, but won't give a cent to their children when they reach a certain age due to the lack of discipline...brrrhh.

And it actually worked for the most part, to where they are very secure, independent, and manage themselves very well. If anything, it's a great way to protect ones own investment for future considerations of putting someones name in a will that won't blow it as easy as they got it on Cocaine or Hookers.

It how one makes the right investments by making the right choices in life isn't it?

Which I've seen happen with one of my parents siblings, who blew a fortune of life savings in a month. Now he's a bum on some street corner that I won't want to go near, which is probably down the street.

Easy come, easy go.

Easy come easy go indeed.

It always infuriates me to see this trust fund kids running around blowing their parent's fortunes on superficial garbage.

That's why when I heard about this recent trend I was like "hell yeah!"

And to Mr. SheopleNation:

I do donate to charity. I actually donated about 250 dollars to Doctors Without Borders just last night while watching a charity marathon for gaming.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
a reply to: crazyewok

Damn son have him slide some of that cheese my way.

I am wholly undeserving of it and will most assuredly blow it on inconsequential crap, but at least I'm honest about it!

haha

Think its all going to cancer research

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Here is the truth on the right vs. left view of income inequality..

The right holds fiercely to the meme of the poor are lazy...cuz the alternative that they are working their ass off just to survive is a terrifying idea. I get it...it's scary to think that you might work two jobs still be struggling to feed yourself and your family...it's a comforting thought to simply think...that will never be me..I work hard and am not lazy..

But here is the truth folks..there are millions of very hard working, bright folks out there working very hard and desperately struggling to get by and that shouldn't be the case in the United States of America...we need to fix it.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Good for you, I attend a yearly auction that raises funds for The Wheel Chair foundation. I have contributed thousands of dollars over the years.

You see, I get sick and tired of hearing about how rich people are all evil around here. I happen to know quite a few who help a lot of folks in need, and they do it all the time.

Are they all good? Of course not, but there are more good than bad in my opinion. ~$heopleNation

edit on 31-7-2015 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   

There somethings money can't buy...Like Time, Love, Respect...Or a brain!

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

I do agree with you, the cost of living is an absolute joke, and people should not have to slave their whole life just to barely survive.

Those people still have it better than folks who are starving in third world nations, but nevertheless in a rich Country like America, the cost of living is ridiculous yes. ~$heopleNation

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: SheopleNation

Good for you, I attend a yearly auction that raises funds for The Wheel Chair foundation. I have contributed thousands of dollars over the years.

You see, I get sick and tired of hearing about how rich people are all evil around here. I happen to know quite a few who help a lot of folks in need, and they do it all the time.

Are they all good? Of course not, but there are more good than bad in my opinion. ~$heopleNation

I never said all rich people are bad! I just said trickle down economics isn't viable in a global market.

I know quite a few wealthy people who give very generously. I consider myself well off, and I donate when I can as well.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

originally posted by: Specimen

Easy come, easy go.

Easy come easy go indeed.

It always infuriates me to see this trust fund kids running around blowing their parent's fortunes on superficial garbage.

That's why when I heard about this recent trend I was like "hell yeah!"

And to Mr. SheopleNation:

I do donate to charity. I actually donated about 250 dollars to Doctors Without Borders just last night while watching a charity marathon for gaming.

Right on I've been watching SGDQ for the last few days. No money to donate but great stuff they're doing.

Someone just donated 10,000.00$

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: corvuscorrax

There's really no point arguing anything fiduciary in nature with someone who equates a personal work ethic that leads to not having to rely on others to care for your needs with "gaming the system.". Bending your damn back, working, bettering yourself and your skills to be attractive to the modern economy, moving out of your comfort zone... These things aren't "gaming the system," they're growing up and taking responsibility for yourself and your own future.

So yeah, delusions and laying back... Who is the group planted on their ass saying the world owes them money somebody else earned and possesses, again?

:roll eyes:

Keep rolling your eyes. Bending your back these days just lead to a hospital bill and getting laid off.

Enjoy your possessions though. You clearly value them above most anything else, aside from your opinion of yourself and those who got rich.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join