It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof that God exists, and he/she is answering your prayers!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Huff Post Article

New research indicates that Washington, D.C., is rapidly sinking into the ocean, news that might not make the rest of the country all that sad.

The research, from the University of Vermont, the U.S. Geological Survey and several other institutions, projects the land beneath the Washington area will drop 6 or more inches in the next 100 years. That's in addition to rising sea levels due to climate change, which is melting ice sheets and causing thermal expansion of the oceans. Climate change has already caused 8 inches of sea level rise since 1880, and is expected to raise average global sea levels another 1 to 4 feet by the end of this century.

Relative sea level rise in the Chesapeake Bay region is happening faster than any other part of the Atlantic coast, according to tidal records, and twice as fast as global averages.

My only complaint is that it is happening so slowly the rats will have time to "jump ship" and set up shop on higher ground.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 06:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: ladyvalkyrie
Huff Post Article

New research indicates that Washington, D.C., is rapidly sinking into the ocean, news that might not make the rest of the country all that sad.

The research, from the University of Vermont, the U.S. Geological Survey and several other institutions, projects the land beneath the Washington area will drop 6 or more inches in the next 100 years. That's in addition to rising sea levels due to climate change, which is melting ice sheets and causing thermal expansion of the oceans. Climate change has already caused 8 inches of sea level rise since 1880, and is expected to raise average global sea levels another 1 to 4 feet by the end of this century.

Relative sea level rise in the Chesapeake Bay region is happening faster than any other part of the Atlantic coast, according to tidal records, and twice as fast as global averages.

My only complaint is that it is happening so slowly the rats will have time to "jump ship" and set up shop on higher ground.

Cute

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Funny how amputee's prayers are never answered. :^(

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: ladyvalkyrie

My God was the queen of england untill 2015

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   
God is Love. This is not proof of God, just a natural disaster. Japan is also sinking (from what I heard, I'm not sure how true that is).

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Ha! You are thinking too practical. Why would they abandon ship? Nah, instead they'll spend a bunch of money damming back the ocean.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   
They built it on a swamp. Is anyone surprised at the result?

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Love it, I needed a good laugh this morning. I agree with KrazyshOt, they certainly will do their best to dam back the water. However, by the time they actually do sink into the ocean, I will be long gone.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

DC still has to sink into the swamp one more time and then burn down, fall over, THEN sink into the swamp. Then we'd know it would stand!

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Aww, I came here hoping to point out how none of it was actually a prayer being answered, and that it was just confirmation bias. It appears I'm not the only one.

I don't know about you, but I would prefer my country stay afloat for as long as I'm on it, and I would prefer not to have the planet inexorably altered due to my activities until after my death. None of my "prayers" were answered

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   

That'sfunny. Most of the people praying that DC sinks don't believe in climate change to begin with......

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: muse7

Whats even funnier is that so many believe that what they see on TV is real...

It happened in Spain in 1640, when a young man's injured leg was amputated. Two and a half years later, his leg was miraculously restored. It's become known as the Miracle of Calanda, and it's perhaps one of the best documented of miracles. The faithful have hard evidence to back it up, and the skeptics have no answer.

As the story spread, it drew in the curious and the official. A few days after the miraculous restoration, a delegation consisting of a priest, a vicar, and the local royal notary came to Calanda to see for themselves and to prepare an official record of the event. They took statements from witnesses and carefully documented Pellicer's story.

Two months later, a trial was opened in Zaragoza where more than 100 people testified that they had known Pellicer with only one leg, whereas now he had two. Ten months later, the archbishop rendered a verdict that the restoration of the leg was canonized as a true miracle. Since that date, skeptics have no longer been able to charge that God does not heal amputees.

The Miracle of Calanda

There are reported cases of amputated limbs being healed (besides the biblical account of the servant’s ear). I remember a story in which Smith Wigglesworth felt led to tell a man with no legs to go buy shoes. When the man put his peg-leg into the first shoe, a leg instantly grew out! The same happened for the second shoe. I also recently heard a testimony of a young man in South Africa who–if I remember correctly–was missing his right leg. After prayer, the leg began to grow, although very slowly. After a couple weeks, a knee cap had formed. When I heard the testimony, it was a few weeks after that, and the leg had grown down as far as the ankle. In another case, I heard of a woman without a jawbone who received prayer in Mexico. When the minister returned the next year, he didn’t recognize her because God had grown a new one for her!

These are admittedly hearsay testimonies that I haven’t personally witnessed, but I believe they’re true. Why shouldn’t I? The only reason to disbelieve such stories is that you don’t believe God can actually do them. If anything, I know that my nephew’s eye grew back to normal, and no one can take that away from me.

If you don’t believe that God can heal an amputated limb, then you’re serving the wrong god.

My God can do anything.

How about yours?

Creative Miracles - Can God Heal a Severed Limb?

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Or the world full of starving and diseased children.
(that the new testament goes on about caring about
but actually has no demonstrated interest in)

But sports stars and other millionaires are apparently
heard and obeyed.

Kev

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Marvellous, im off to find my tape measure.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: ketsuko

DC still has to sink into the swamp one more time and then burn down, fall over, THEN sink into the swamp. Then we'd know it would stand!

OMG (excuse the term).
Now THAT's hilarious.
Once in while you really hit the humor jackpot.

Kev

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

Japan is also sinking (from what I heard, I'm not sure how true that is).

Does that mean that the uncontrollable Fukushima will cool down?

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Oh, not strictly on topic,
but since I did 'mock' in the interests of full
disclosure,

I'm not AGAINST the possible reality of some
super intelligence having evolved from the
eternal laws of nature or something like that,
and if you want to call that 'god' that's fine
with me.. and with atermporal logic, you
could even possibly play some weird
quantum trick so that the 'god' evolved
'before' the Universe.

Anyway.. what I'm saying is that i don't
have a problem with 'god', just all god
concepts that humans have created -
all of which are wrong, by definition,
as humans have limited intellects and
extremely limited access to 'cosmic
level' information - so even if any
'god' wanted to 'talk to us', the
message could not be received.

And as seen on Earth, all the worlds
religions and spiritual systems are
about power, control, and the
inflicting of pain and shame on
one's enemies.. there is nothing
'godly' about that. Unless 'god'
is a complete ass.

Anyway.. that was my public
service announcement.. I'm
not an atheist or a theist either
one.. I do not have enough information
to label myself and I never will.
I'm not agnostic either.. that whole
rating system is nonsense..

I'm not a believer, agnostic or
atheist about small rubber
duckies in Yurkmenistan..
I have no interest in that topic
due to lack of information too.

Kev

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Nor The prayers of parents of dying children, but God moves in mysterious ways
edit on 30-7-2015 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: ladyvalkyrie

Oh, I get it. Political humor.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   
God does exist. You know when you are really in a bad place, and broke as sh ## and you get on your knees, put your hands together and pray for help.

He is the one that ignores you..

top topics

<<   2 >>

join