It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Something Is Not A Secret Just Because You Don’t Know About It'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 01:04 AM
link   
This is a pretty hilarious thing.

Jon Stewart vistited DC a few times, and has had President Obama on the show something like seven times, and now they're thinking that Obama summoned Stewart to turn people against Putin and other such nonsense.

RT is calling The Daily Show propaganda.

Crooks and Liars has more: HERE, where Stewart shows even more clips from ll over and his take on it. The first vid here may "go away," but it's still at the C&L site.

“It was a roundtable meeting with the President, Elvis — still alive — Minister [Louis] Farrakhan, and the Area 51 alien,” Stewart quipped. “We opened with the traditional Saul Alinsky prayer, sucked on the blood of the righteous, and took turns f*cking a replica of the Reagan eye socket. The real Reagan eye socket is kept in the Smithsonian and is only f*cked on Christmas.” [...]

Other videos...

If they did use the show to get some messages out? Well more power to them, because for a comedy show, this one made a lot of impact. And it's the game.

And even if not, this seems like the motherlode of fodder for a lot of conspiracy theories here. Including my current fave...that Stewart is going to run for president, which I've been convinced of since he announced his retirement from the Daily Show.

edit on 7/30/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 01:25 AM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Isnt 99 percent of all Shows propaganda, thought that was the idea about television?

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Just watched this, was pretty funny.

The fact that every major news station picked this up is ridiculous.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Government control of media is one of the defining points of fascism.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 04:37 AM
link   

It wouldn't surprise me for one second if this was true.

I've always suspected that government has a huge influence in Hollywood and related entertainment shows.

I mean, its just common knowledge that the authorities give Hollywood tv shows advise on basic procedures to make the show more authentic and also lend them equipment as props. In exchange for portraying the authority figures in a morally superior manner.

The DEA apparently helped work on 'Breaking Bad' as professional advisers, which probably has something to do with why the charterer 'Hank' was always portrayed as a non-corruptible genuine good bloke though out the entire series.

Theirs no reason whatsoever I can see that the government wouldn't be getting in on the action of influencing peoples opinions, though Hollywood productions.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Jon Stewart is a badass.

I can disagree with almost everything he believes and still applaud him.

He sums up a weeks worth of the 24 hour news cycle in one episode.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 05:07 AM
link   

You know what really makes me chuckle?

President Obama invited a whole gang of YouTube personalities to the White House last year, who collectively have something like 40 million followers across YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr etc. to talk about issues of the day, including the Affordable Care Act.

But, mainstream media is so up its own rectum and diminishes the influence and power of those creators so much they didn't even notice it

And here's another little factoid for all you tin-foil-hat wearers, something isn't propaganda if IT'S TRUE. A broadcaster is entirely within the realms of reason to state something on air, an opinion, a belief, or a fact. Just because YOU DON'T AGREE doesn't make it "propaganda".

If something is patently false, and being claimed as true, and being said with the intent to mislead the public, THAT IS PROPAGANDA.

A satirical comedy show making light of politics, leaders, hypocrisies, news, society and so on is NOT PROPAGANDA.

Now, you would have thought RT would know the difference, given that it is known to be a direct mouthpiece of the Kremlin, and given that the Kremlin actually DOES inflict media control, and actually DOES arrest, detain and imprison those who criticize it, and actually HAS implemented laws allowing even random bloggers to be arrested for criticizing the Orthodox Church, any politician, or any government decision...

Once again, please learn what PROPAGANDA actually is. It's not someone expressing an opinion or broadcasting something you personally disagree with.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 05:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

You might want to tell Putin that, seeing as he has implemented laws to take full control of Russia's media industry, to the point of seizing companies from their owners, who then had to flee to America for safety.

And in comparison, you still have US broadcasters mocking your politicians.

Show me the wealth of comedy and satire produced in Russia directed at Putin or the Kremlin, I'll wait.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

Once again, please learn what PROPAGANDA actually is. It's not someone expressing an opinion or broadcasting something you personally disagree with.

That's all well and good mate. But just because it happens to be something you/we agree with, it doesn't automatically mean it's not propaganda.

To claim both the left and right leaning western governments aren't scratching a few backs, in order to get there message out though popular culture, is incredibly shortsighted, imo.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 05:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

That's all well and good mate. But just because it happens to be something you/we agree with, it doesn't automatically mean it's not propaganda.

... and just because you're paranoid, that doesn't mean that They aren't watching you, right?

Perhaps if we focused on what words actually mean.
edit on 5Thu, 30 Jul 2015 05:28:17 -050015p052015766 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 05:27 AM
link   
The Daily Show is propaganda..... *shakes head*

Not for Obama either. Think about it....everyone has an agenda. What topics does he generally avoid? Who pulls his strings (pays his check). He is given air time yeah? The best thing this world can do is unplug their TV's.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 05:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

originally posted by: butcherguy

You might want to tell Putin that, seeing as he has implemented laws to take full control of Russia's media industry, to the point of seizing companies from their owners, who then had to flee to America for safety.

And in comparison, you still have US broadcasters mocking your politicians.

Show me the wealth of comedy and satire produced in Russia directed at Putin or the Kremlin, I'll wait.

Care to source that?

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 05:41 AM
link   

John Stewart show few times made fun of "truthers" and 9/11 inside job

Is he propagandist ?

You better believe he is when it comes to big things

His Jewish brother is some big wig on Wall Street, some really big wig

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 05:45 AM
link   
a reply to: justQ

Larry Leibowitz left the NYSE in 2013.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 05:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013
Now, you would have thought RT would know the difference, given that it is known to be a direct mouthpiece of the Kremlin, and given that the Kremlin actually DOES inflict media control, and actually DOES arrest, detain and imprison those who criticize it, and actually HAS implemented laws allowing even random bloggers to be

See this is what's wrong with the world

People like you not willing to tell the truth

ALL MAJOR news organisations like CNN fox MSNBC etc

Have full time CIA officer working with the editor to control the mainstream news

This fact came out even 20 years ago, and you have the audacity to dish it out at RT

And the bloggers you mention is strictly bloggers who get paid by outside to run their blogs, these are called NGO non governmental organisation

NGOs are CIA fronts that push revolutions

start speaking the truth man, i know you are smart enough to know the truth

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 05:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate

Uuuu so he is okay now is he, more like a rat leaving a ship about to sink

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 05:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: justQ

Uuuu so he is okay now is he, more like a rat leaving a ship about to sink

Or I was just offering a name for people to learn on their own.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 06:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

Here's one discussion about Stewart's family from the very hallowed halls of ATS: The Amazing Hidden Truth about "Jon Stewart" AKA Jonathan Leibowitz

As for Larry, well everyone's got a Larry in their family.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 08:23 AM
link   

The Daily Show is propaganda..... *shakes head*

Not for Obama either. Think about it....everyone has an agenda. What topics does he generally avoid? Who pulls his strings (pays his check). He is given air time yeah? The best thing this world can do is unplug their TV's.

You should've been watching the Month of Zen on Comedy Central's website because it really has shown the evolution of The Daily Show and Jon Stewart. Prior to 9/11, even when covering current events/politics, most of the humor is juvenile but still enjoyable. After 9/11, his humor matured in part to combat the scary rhetoric of the news media that had Americans frightened of everything and everyone.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Time story with video.

It's extremely funny how this is driving some in the media nuts.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join