It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MH370 speculation sparked by debris found on Indian Ocean island

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX
The most obvious reason is to put the entire MH370 story to bed and gain closure for the relatives.

Except that's not what's happening, and it's not what happened in any other instance either.

If this was all staged to put an end to this, why did they wait more than a month and allow that evidence to sit there on the beach and in the surf for that time?

Why didn't they have a "plant" readily available on that island ready to "discover" the evidence?

Why did they dump more evidence of the belongings of the victims - which would have to be faked and potentially proven to be so - which was then burned by the beach cleaner?

I know some people desperately want there to be a conspiracy here, but there is no reason to think there is and no evidence to suggest one.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

I'm not desperate for a conspiracy about any subject..in fact, i'd much prefer there were no conspiracies regarding any subject...but unfortunately, Human beings, at least some Human beings, are devious, power hungry, evil, asshats who have their own agendas and quite often agendas that involving conspiracy...it's just a simple, if dark fact of Human life.

You imagine members here dribbling and wetting their pants over the latest conspiratorial tid-bit that flashes across their screens..well, for some, that maybe accurate, but i'd imagine, for most it isn't true. Most would simply want to get at what they imagine they are entitled to..the truth, wherever that leads.

If this was all staged to put an end to this, why did they wait more than a month and allow that evidence to sit there on the beach and in the surf for that time? Why didn't they have a "plant" readily available on that island ready to "discover" the evidence?

FYI, i'm NOT saying this was staged...i was giving a possible reason in response to a post asking why it would be staged.

There's a huge difference between claiming it is staged and why it could have been.

In answer to your points though, these days with all the internet savvy types looking at almost every subject or controversy as though it was a germ in a Petri dish ANY cover up, deliberately deceitful act HAS to be convincing to be credible yes?

Doing all of those things you say ought to have logically happened, in a neat and tidy little evidential sequence would be too neat and tidy for people to just accept it as true.

A passenger jet, missing for months, no sign at all, no belongings, no luggage, no wreckage, no bodies, no identifying debris, no nothing at all...then IF suddenly you have a wing with the jets ID all over it, snagged to broken wing is caught a couple of passenger handbags or suitcases, or a jacket with a passport in the pocket or any other piece of extremely fortuitous identifying debris after nothing at all, would cause massive amounts of people to be all over it like flies around the proverbial..

Plant the evidence carefully enough, without drawing undue attention and significantly less people will be inclined to think there's anything dodgy going on.

IF (IF, IF, IF..ok?) this is what is happening, what would be essentially a psy-op, it's working as even numbers of people are debating from both sides of the theory, as opposed to most claiming a conspiracy or staged find.

Me personally, i don't know one way or the other...but if i were to stage a find after so long and so much international intrigue had surrounded flight MH370...i would be playing the set up in a very cool and almost casual manner too...well, if i wanted to get away with it i would.

edit on 2-8-2015 by MysterX because: typo

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   
ok I find this odd.. from the article

so this guy found a seat and other stuff in May 10..

"I found a couple of suitcases too, around the same time, full of things," he said, almost in passing.
What did you do with them?
"I burnt them," he said, pointing to the pile of ashes lying on the boulders. "That's my job. I collect rubbish, and burn it.

edit on 2-8-2015 by Layaly because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Layaly
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance
off topic : flames from water.. cool .. never heard about it before.. don’t mind me please just reading around

Haha yes, one of my not-so-proud drunken moments, with no recollection of middle school science classes. I was hoping that would disappear lol.

Hence why I don't usually start threads.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   

"I found a couple of suitcases too, around the same time, full of things," he said, almost in passing.
"I burnt them," he said, pointing to the pile of ashes lying on the boulders. "That's my job. I collect rubbish, and burn it.

With that guys IQ, I suppose we should be grateful he didn't find any bodies washed up along with the aircraft seat and full suitcases...what an idiot.

edit on 2-8-2015 by MysterX because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   

With that guys IQ, I suppose we should be grateful he didn't find any bodies washed up along with the aircraft seat and full suitcases...what an idiot.

You do realize that it's not at all uncommon for odd things to wash up on beaches, right? Especially when those beaches are on an island. Prior to the obvious part of a plane washing up, what reason would he have had to suspect that those particular things might have come from a missing aircraft?

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   

No...you're right, an airline seat and full suitcases are never going to be an indication of an jetliner crash are they

Any reasonably intelligent person ought to be able to tell the difference between plastic bottles, trash bags and common waste from shipping and so on from aircraft parts mate...hence, he's an idiot.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

As someone who hasn't flown in over a decade, if I saw one of these seats (or the remains of one), I certainly wouldn't recognize it as being from a plane.

Luggage wouldn't necessarily raise any red flags either. Weird stuff like that is lost from boats every day, much of which eventually washes up on some beach.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Any reasonably intelligent person ought to be able to tell the difference between plastic bottles, trash bags and common waste from shipping and so on from aircraft parts mate...hence, he's an idiot.

If it's the guy who's been interviewed, you may have a slightly different view if you watch.
He's clearly not the brightest spark, but then what was he supposed to think?

This is a small island, a pretty remote place, and he's supposed to connect random things arriving on the beach with a plane that disappeared a year before, thousands of miles away?

I don't think the guy is the most intelligent person on the island, but even if he were why would he instantly link random things he's finding on the beach with something so entirely disconnected from his life a year earlier?

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: MysterX he said he also found suitcases and burned them.. or this same article.. (sorry my enter button is broken) "I was walking with my son, Krishna. Then from a rock on which we were standing, he saw an object and shouted: 'Mum, that looks like the wing of a plane!'"
Krishna then jumped on what looked like a suitcase. He managed to prise it open, and then spotted another suitcase buried in the black sand.
But the waves were gathering height and so Isabelle ordered her son off the beach. They went home, and thought nothing of it until Wednesday.

Read more: www.smh.com.au...

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   

The most recent find turned out to be a domestic ladder/stepping stool.

www.independent.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: tommyjo

That's kind of disappointing. It does, however, back up my earlier statement about all sorts of weird crap washing up on beaches.

edit on 8/2/2015 by AdmireTheDistance because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

he says he doesn’t listen to radio yet he says .. "Malaysia Airlines is a bit like bin Laden," he chuckled, his thickly-accented French mixed with Creole. "No one had ever heard of it – then suddenly we talk about nothing else."

suitcase and a seat.. sounds like a bus to me.. not really. ok if you guys found a suitcase..or even several ?
Read more: www.smh.com.au...

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   

suitcase and a seat.. sounds like a bus to me.. not really. ok if you guys found a suitcase..or even several ?

Not that unusual.
Here's one someone found.
Here's another.

Weird stuff washes ashore all the time.

edit on 8/2/2015 by AdmireTheDistance because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   

lol you nut butter
28 000 rubber duckies

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   

lol you nut butter
28 000 rubber duckies

Mother of God....

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   

mother of God? ? Who that ? oh no now i am laughing.. for sure that can’t be right .. Hence why I don't usually start threads.
wasn’t us !!

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   

It was a hard fought battle, but eventually the rubber ducky invasion was turned back.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   

he says he doesn’t listen to radio yet he says .. "Malaysia Airlines is a bit like bin Laden," he chuckled, his thickly-accented French mixed with Creole. "No one had ever heard of it – then suddenly we talk about nothing else."

That seems to back up what I was saying. The flight disappearing was not a big story to that guy thousands of miles away on that island a year ago, and now it's pretty much consumed his life and their community has become the focus of that story.

When things like this happen it's important to remember that not everyone watches the news every day, not everyone is on forums, not everyone even uses the Internet. There's every chance this guy knew nothing about the missing flight when it happened.

So, if it wasn't an important story to him when it happened, there's no reason to think he would connect the things hes finding on his local beach with a missing plane from thousands of miles away a year earlier.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   

lol you nut butter
28 000 rubber duckies

I especially love the fact that they're dressed for the occasion, with their shades

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join