It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MH370 speculation sparked by debris found on Indian Ocean island

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 05:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate
This is a staged event as far as the media goes. They find a piece of debris over 2000 miles away that "could" be the wreckage and all day long the talking heads start bobbing.....

If that's not a red flag, I don't know what is.

Funny thing is, they don't even have to prove conclusively now that it was part of the wreckage. Because of all the "robble robble" in the 24hr news cycle, if we never hear of this again most walking meat puppets will now already be under the impression the "mystery" is solved. Just like 911, Iraq war and everything else.

Your ignorance of how ocean currents operate aside, what evidence do you have that this is "staged"?

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 05:57 AM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

please let it be

ats folk is entitled to their opinion

I don't want people arguing here about it

it's pointless ..

I respect your add take on it.. it's very level headed

Edit: if I didn't title my thread this way

appologies to all
edit on 30-7-2015 by Layaly because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 06:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Layaly

I agree everyone is entitled to their opinion, but given the site's motto of "Deny Ignorance", I think it's only right to point out logical flaws where I see them.

That being said, it's your thread, and I respect that you don't want it to end up full of arguments.

Hopefully as we learn more in the coming days and weeks, the families of those aboard that flight can start to find closure.
edit on 7/30/2015 by AdmireTheDistance because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 06:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Layaly

please let it be

it's pointless ..

His question was directly pointed at my remarks and not me. It was on topic aside from his jab.

Admire, assumptions aside that I am clueless to ocean currents, please step back and re read my post.

First what I am saying is that it makes no never mind if it's really part of the wreckage. Your average TV viewers memory of history exists within a 24hr news cycle, created especially for them. Unlike you or I who actually bother to research things for ourselves, albeit from different ends of the spectrum, most do not and accept what they're told.

So now we have every news channel broadcasting all day long of this discovery. There are so many question that first need to be answered, including ocean currents, eddies, etc. there were a lot of barnacles on that piece and although I recognize I'm no mariener, and it has been there long enough, just surprised to see that much.

All that aside, if it's in the news, especially when all the talking heads are speaking in sync you are being sold.....something. Take it for what it's worth.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 06:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Layaly

please let it be

it's pointless ..

His question was directly pointed at my remarks and not me. It was on topic aside from his jab.

Admire, assumptions aside that I am clueless to ocean currents, please step back and re read my post.

First what I am saying is that it makes no never mind if it's really part of the wreckage. Your average TV viewers memory of history exists within a 24hr news cycle, created especially for them. Unlike you or I who actually bother to research things for ourselves, albeit from different ends of the spectrum, most do not and accept what they're told.

So now we have every news channel broadcasting all day long of this discovery. There are so many question that first need to be answered, including ocean currents, eddies, etc. there were a lot of barnacles on that piece and although I recognize I'm no mariener, and it has been there long enough, just surprised to see that much.

All that aside, if it's in the news, especially when all the talking heads are speaking in sync you are being sold.....something. Take it for what it's worth.

I can agree with most of that. I have no doubts whatsoever that the media will milk this for everything they can.

However, I think jumping to the conclusion that it's staged, at least at this point, is ridiculous.

FYI, I'm no mariner either, and that was kind of a dirty shot with my comment about the currents, so apologies for that.

edit on 7/30/2015 by AdmireTheDistance because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 06:19 AM
link   

I don't know if it is staged ? But... I see where you are going with this. The whole thing felt strange to me from the get go. People wanna say that planes crash all the time and it takes forever to find them... but I'm sorry, in today's day and age with the resources and technological advances that we have, the problematic situations they are having with finding this plane seems extremely odd to me.

I'm no expert on it though so I can't say one way or the other.

Thanks for thew new piece of information. I kept an eye closely on this situation as it was unfolding and once it fell out of the lime light I was a bit disturbed by it dropping off the "radar" so easily.

leolady

edit on 30-7-2015 by leolady because: (no reason given)
edit on 30-7-2015 by leolady because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Ridiculous is but perspective and although premature, what I'm getting at by "being staged" isn't really about what they're reporting but what they're not.

Seeing how we both agree this is woefully premature, why so much attention? I get it....it's important to everyone but, BUT, is there something we are being distracted from. Not trying to get off topic, but I don't want to suddenly wake up and find out Israel is at war with Palestine again or Iran attacked and/or seized some western ship.

Must be the dodo in me. I seen what them hunters did to my ancestors.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 06:21 AM
link   
I've been to reunion Island - it is well out of the way and it is French Territory. Not the sort of place that comes to front of mind ro a stage to a big conspiracy.

I see absolutely no reason to think this is staged - MH are being extremely cautious about confirming the wreckage is off their plane. A staged event would go more along the lines of piece washes up on shore, experts have confirmed it is from MH370 as the first announcement.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

Ah, I see what you're getting at. I still think it's simply the media capitalizing on a tragedy, but I guess it's too early to know for sure at this point.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 06:53 AM
link   
you guys are being awesome thank you

i should have left it as news

I think I was the first one to add this?
not sure I think.. I didn't think it through for a second

I wrote a whole thing on it just two days ago
never talked about it
have been obsessing with this story since day one

i could have asked later
like I said sorry

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 06:59 AM
link   
ok I am not the first one

I will be the controversial one then

plane media mafia

this thing is staged

ok reason :

they got tired of looking
wanted to give families answers
too expensive to keep going

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Then how do you explain the barnacles on the piece that washed ashore...

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 07:13 AM
link   
sorry who ever stared this

I just add the whole link here instead I sound too crazy

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 07:15 AM
link   

I keep a piece of a wing under water for several months?

there was a spare plane in Israel storage and it is still labeled as stored

will add a link in one second

www.planespotters.net...

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   

But who is this all for? Why does it matter to you what other people are aware of?
What matters is that the loved ones of the families have closure, and can grieve properly, while the industry is also able to confirm what happened and take measures to prevent it from happening again.

You really shouldn't care so much about what the average "meat puppet" thinks about this, it has no bearing on you, or on anyone else.

If you are interested in a story you follow it, why must every other person on the planet also be dedicated to what you believe happened?

None of this changes the facts, the science, the evidence and the knowledge you will see through following this story to its conclusion. The opinion of Joe Bloggs down the street and what he believes happened thanks to the media he watches doesn't change the reality of what actually is found to have happened.

If anything you're only supporting the fact that many conspiracy theorists do exactly what you are complaining about in your statement.

How many 9/11 conspiracies are based on the nonsense reporting and erroneous statements made by confused talking heads on the day or confused initial reports?
Plenty of the conspiracies about that are based on only half-truths, misunderstood and confused information presented to the world during the most chaotic time. And these theorists then absolutely refuse any findings since then while sticking to those obviously erroneous and confused reports.

Facts will win out, evidence will win out, reality will win out, regardless of what anyone thinks based on the media they stopped paying attention to when they came to their own conclusion or belief. None of that changes the reality.
edit on 30-7-2015 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   
The Flaperon is more than 1 piece, it has metal pieces inside it. Each of those is serial numbered to Boeings MH370, it is likely one of them will have remained to identify directly to the craft. Myself and plenty of other people plan on seeing what those numbers are, and have no intention of forgetting about it in 24 hours. Also the Australian news media WILL stay on this.

I remember a couple of search and rescue experts assessing currents and saying if debris isn't found it will eventually end up on the islands east of Africa.

This is not staged Im sure the Australian public don't appreciate spending tens of millions on search and recovery to be told they are part of some huge plot to hide a Boeing 777. Perhaps a thanks for all their work and dedication to provide closure for MH families not giving up after 18 months would be better.

edit on 30-7-2015 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I can see it now when the the magical "TPTB" we're scheming this..

"Yes we'll make the plane just disappear, because we can! (Maniacal laugh)"
"And then (snicker), we'll waste millions of dollars and thousands of people's time looking for it!"
"Yes!, yes then we'll wait 17 months before we "find" debris to really show everyone just how incompetent we are!"(rounds of applause)

Yeah no.

And disclaimer...Im not calling those still looking for the plane incompetent, rather I don't see why they would plan all this and then find nothing for 17 months...it's just stupid.

edit on 30/7/15 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   

FYI : The debris have been found on the beach of Saint-André on the North-East edge of the Réunion island.

You can make conspiracy theories about anything you want and, consider that every single one of our actuality event is a potential 'false-flag'. In this case, I don't think the families and relatives of those on board the plane would agree with your considerations.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I like the answers.. they make sense.. much appreciated

different way to react to this news .. more intense

thank you for adding on to this
it's interesting read for me so far

and emotional

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   
If you were to stage something to put to rest any conspiracy theories of the incident and give closure to the families, what would you do?

Stage a barnacled flaperon that only raises more questions than answers?

Or "find" a whole bunch of wreckage slowing spinning in an eddy somewhere, "recover" the black box, and say it was a failed hijacking?

I can appreciate a mind that is open enough to consider the possibility that this is staged.
But were it me in charge of staging such an event, it would be far more conclusive than a barnacle covered flaperon.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join