It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

#IfIDieInPoliceCustody Trending on twitter

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Source

People are using #IfIDieInPoliceCustody to put a message on their twitter account to point out if it happens to them: 1) It was niot su icide 2)Hire an investigator 3) They were attacked 4) Do not let anyone use past depression to say they killed themselves. 4) Hire an independent investigator--etc>

It is really scary that this twitter hashtag exists.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Over sensationalism.

A serious question, how on earth can a hashtag be "scary"?

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

i am amazed - for 2 reasons :

1 - people think they are going to end up in police custody

2 - people are so certain of what they will do in such a hypothetical

3 -they dont seem to have realised that they might just die in a police cell [ every one does die ]

hint - # 3 is an ironic nod to the fact that if you start off with a premise of 2 points - you sometimes develope 3 by the time you finish

this is relevant

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
a reply to: reldra

i am amazed - for 2 reasons :

1 - people think they are going to end up in police custody

2 - people are so certain of what they will do in such a hypothetical

3 -they dont seem to have realised that they might just die in a police cell [ every one does die ]

hint - # 3 is an ironic nod to the fact that if you start off with a premise of 2 points - you sometimes develope 3 by the time you finish

this is relevant

Your username says it all. I was minding my own business riding my bicycle from work to home. Then I saw heard the lights and whistle from a patrol car. Mind you, I was on my bike and just kept riding along thinking it was for someone in a car. Nope. They wanted to pull me over. Why? I did not have a back light. I had just turned it on before leaving work , it was ON.
So I got startled and decided to turn on a side street. More lights and sirens. Holy effen christ. They were on me like a family of flies on a pile of dung.
At first, I thought it was a joke. I laughed and resisted. Then got tasered, woke in jail the next morning. Why? Because, I owed an old ticket (and stupid fees).
Whatever, since then I have already lost TOTAL respect for the bacon. They are only revenue agents. Collecting money for the city/state/nation.

As Kurt Vonegutt would have said...."So it Goes"....

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 01:03 AM
link   
When you consider that you could be cited for anything under the sun by a police officer. And the number of brutalities in the media, I find it scary to even see a cop car, let alone being confronted by a cop. Then again I am of the colored sort.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 02:18 AM
link   
I have been arrested once and detained in a cop car a few times, other than my need for speed I am a model citizen.

What has really helped me with dealing with the law enforcement is just being as helpful to the officer as possible even if they are being a dick. Once they realize im not one of those people who is going to give them a hard time they give me a ticket (or sometimes let me off) and send me on my way. Even the time I got arrested the records have been removed, there isn't even a mugshot, but that's probably because they did not read me in and honestly had no case against me in the 1st place.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
Over sensationalism.

When it evokes the emotion of being afraid or comes from the emotion of being afraid. Serious answer.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   
#ifidieinpolicecustody then something is wrong because

1. I don't ever expect to find myself in police custody

2. I would comply completely, and voice any grievances later.

3. I would never kill myself, I have a son to look after.

-Alee

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   
The world is an ocean, they are the sharks, we are the seals. They eat whoever they catch, the trick for us is swim about always on edge and looking for the great predator so as not to get caught in it's death grip. Good seal or bad seal they do not discriminate.

See my post on page 11 on this thread Thread about cops
edit on CDTThu, 30 Jul 2015 10:07:09 -0500amppAmerica/Chicago30-05:00Thu, 30 Jul 2015 10:07:09 -050007 by TrappedPrincess because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

Whats even scarier is that its even happening or even needs to be said/mentioned. We are seeing how common it is that cops around this country abuse their power.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bloodydagger

Whats even scarier is that its even happening or even needs to be said/mentioned. We are seeing how common it is that cops around this country abuse their power.

Power isn't the only thing they abuse, people are on that list as well.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrappedPrincess

originally posted by: Bloodydagger

Power isn't the only thing they abuse, people are on that list as well.

Yep, very very true.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I think maybe one day we will see robots paired with an actual human officer. The robot could be used for heavy firepower back up or to enter an unsafe condition so the officer does not have to or possibly render first aid. Most importantly the robot could have a visual and audio recording device that the officer can not shut down. Say they have a remote kill switch that the officer could use in event of a dangerous malfunction. This could disable all functions save for the recording one. The camera could be motion/voice activate to orient on the officers location at all times so that they could never leave the field of view for the officer.

It is a well known tactic that they are "secretly" taught to back you away from the view of the dash cam, they intimidate and basically herd you out of view. Then scream stop resisting over top of your I'm not resisting so any passerby only sees and hears what looks like cops doing their job with an unruly suspect. The whole time they are beating on you for no reason, I know firsthand.
edit on CDTThu, 30 Jul 2015 10:24:21 -0500amppAmerica/Chicago30-05:00Thu, 30 Jul 2015 10:24:21 -050024 by TrappedPrincess because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
Over sensationalism.

When it evokes the emotion of being afraid or comes from the emotion of being afraid. Serious answer.

Hashtags are fake, they are designed to invoke over the top responses, responses from people who would normally not respond, all to generate a number count to compare against others making hashtags.

It is a game, nothing serious about hashtags.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 03:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: amsterdamn87
When you consider that you could be cited for anything under the sun by a police officer. And the number of brutalities in the media, I find it scary to even see a cop car, let alone being confronted by a cop. Then again I am of the colored sort.

When I see a police car in traffic, I find the nearest spot to pull over and wait for them to pass. Nothing good comes from being around a police officer that's on the hunt.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 03:46 AM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Ok man, hashtag or not the sentiment is reasonable. People are being executed in the streets at a whims will! This is the country we live in now, this is actually happening a disparity does exist between the citizen and the government. yes hyperbole and rhetoric is fueling the flames, but as a constitutionalist or anyone who considers themselves patriotic is this the America you envisioned?if these issues weren't happening such silly hashtags wouldn't be relevant .. People, yes innocent people! are being murdered in the streets,by a tyrannical police force. I was an infantry soldier and this description is dead on no hyperbole added . How does that make you feel?

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Yeah especially at the end of the month when those cops need to make their quotas

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Do we want killer robot cops?

Because this is how we are going to get killer robot cops. This is how the machines will rise...

Eventually TPB are going to say, "ENOUGH! Fine, here are some robots that can police you all fairly..."

And then the robot apocalypse won't be far behind...

edit on 31-7-2015 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
Do we want killer robot cops?

Because this is how we are going to get killer robot cops. This is how the machines will rise...

Eventually TPB are going to say, "ENOUGH! Fine, here are some robots that can police you all fairly..."

And then the robot apocalypse won't be far behind...

See my recommendation for remote kill switch and the pairing of a human and robot so that way their is human supervision of the robot and vice versa.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: amsterdamn87
a reply to: Aazadan

Yeah especially at the end of the month when those cops need to make their quotas

What quotas? Ask them and they say they do not have quotas but instead promotion requirements.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join