It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So...just recently got a Smartphone...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ChiefD

You have an eye for these things, obviously!

Bang on manufacturer and series!

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Once the technological euphoria and the subsequent dizzying effects that come from realizing the magnitude of this tech and the change it's made and making to our sociological existence, you'll realize your slavery and rue the day I tell ya!

Beepers? Remember them? Oh yeah, they were cool for a minute until they started sucking our life force and making us exhaustingly available.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT
Once the technological euphoria and the subsequent dizzying effects that come from realizing the magnitude of this tech and the change it's made and making to our sociological existence, you'll realize your slavery and rue the day I tell ya!

Beepers? Remember them? Oh yeah, they were cool for a minute until they started sucking our life force and making us exhaustingly available.

I just put my phone on silent everything and let the calls go to voicemail...I am not available unless I make myself available.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

They are handy little things, eh? I balked at getting one for a long tie, and only relented when my flip phone literally came apart, after several years of use. I almost cried then. But, the stuff these can do! Way better cameras, better calendar, little note areas, messaging, email, a way better browser, better GPS, and so forth! I have even watched Netflix on the thing. It's my MP3 player.

Congrats, and totally understand the protection! Step one with mine was ordering a protective case I really liked.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Is your employer reimbursing you for the work you do on that mighty phone? Or are they just externalizing another cost on to employees. If a company requires a - smart phone for you to do your job - it's their expense not yours.

Frankly - I don't want emails, text and calls from obsessive compulsive children in the middle of the night (and I have received those). I had an employer whining at me during the dinner hour tonight that I didn't respond to his email soon enough (if it's an emergency - it wasn't, I was ready last Friday when he didn't show - call me).

There is the occassional emergency that only I can deal with - but if they (I have a few of these) wait until the last minute - I tell them NO.

Sorry about the rant - it's been a long day.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 12:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT

My life force only get's sucked when I want someone...
Nevermind..
To contact me.. I was about to say.

People know this about me, so if I get a text it's either we are about to hang out or they have a big issue, or they miss me.
I don't suffer fools, or aps, or news, or popular whatevers..

I think having a smart phone can be a new exercise in self control.
If you use it that way.

edit on 30-7-2015 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

It is fortunate then, that I work for a business which is run by my mother.

True enough, I do not get paid a vast, or even passable salary, but nor am I getting stiffed on work gear.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Fantastic one! Enjoy your device. Congrats!

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Welcome to the tech world of smart phones TB!

I love my iPhone! Lol it has multiple armored accessories lol. It's my computer when I can't get on my desktop. It's linked to all my accounts and desktop. It's so convenient.

Enjoy all the features. I'll warn you the App Store can be addicting lol

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: mblahnikluver

Well, I have a live wallpaper that I like, a set of halfway passable icon skins, and three communications apps, one of which came with the phone... I think I will be ok with the appstore.

Its only when I start looking at science apps that things might become somewhat frenzied!

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Awesome now Google know every detail of your life

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I have never used a proxy to access this site the whole time I have been a member here. They already knew plenty.

My attitude, is that I cannot stop them finding out about who I am. I have enough friends who are on the mobile net, that my information is available by way of their nodes anyway. At least if I am visible to them, they will know the legends passed by my friends were true, and that my beard is in fact stickier than velcro.
edit on 30-7-2015 by TrueBrit because: Grammatical error removal

top topics

<< 1   >>

join