It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We're the ancient Assyrians behind the Abrahamic religions?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Regarding the use of the phrase “Abrahamic faith”...

In the two citations below, some interesting words are used to describe the concept: trojan horse, subvert, fallacy, misleading, myth, meaningless.

The concept of “Abrahamic faiths” is a fallacy. Its contemporary influence was, tragically, born out of a century of Christian suffering in the Middle East and foisted upon the unsuspecting West. It is reasonable to ask whether this is a theological Trojan horse designed to promote an Islamic worldview of relations between faiths.

The Abrahamic Fallacy (PDF)

‘Abrahamic faiths’ is a distinctly Islamic term that subverts historic Judaism and Christianity, reframes them within an Islamic worldview, asserts Islamic superiority, and thus is the very opposite of its alleged intended usage. ‘Abrahamic faiths’ is a loaded term that reinforces the Islamic claim that “Christianity and Judaism are regarded as distorted derivatives of Islam…” and serves the purpose of Islamic da’wa.

The term ‘Abrahamic faiths’ and its cognates is misleading. Reinforcing the term’s misleading nature, Aaron Hughes, in the conclusion of his book-length evaluation of the term Abrahamic Religions, states that it is more an impediment than an expedient to understanding. I trust that I have made the case that the term is, for all intents and purposes, meaningless.”105 Whilst in broad agreement with Hughes, the term ‘Abrahamic Faiths’ is worse than meaningless, because it is literally full of meaning. The term comes from the Qur’an, is a loaded term that serves the agenda of Islamic da’wa while undermining the authenticity of Judaism and Christianity. Therefore, I conclude that ‘Abrahamic faiths’ is a term that should be abandoned by scholars except in its original qur’anic signification.

The Myth of the Abrahamic Faiths (PDF)

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

I remember reading somewhere that the name Abraham actually has Sanskrit roots.

Abraham A-Brahman (Brahman being name for the person who realizes God within. & A-Brahman being a person who only sees God externally) @@@ ~°~°~°~°~°~ @@@ therefore @~°~°~°~°~@@@ the term Abrahamic may codify a deeper esoteric reference to the kind of religion that exists in the middle East as compared to the kind of religion that exists in India.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   
This is a subject I have done quite a bit of research on, mostly because the bible does not have a lot of information on the matter. It says after the flood, Noah's descendents "had one language and common speech. As men moved eastward, they found a plain in Shinar (Sumeria) and settled there." (Genesis 11:1,2)

See the following link about the Hassuna, Halaf, Ubaid, and Uruk cultures that archaeologists say predated the Sumerians. Abraham was from Ur, which by the time he was born was a thriving city, long since sacked by the Akkadians. I think it is plausible that the Akkadians somehow play into the "Nimrod" story. Sargon of Akkad controlled a similar territory as the the biblical Nimrod. It's not anywhere near conclusive though.

Sumeria fell to the Akkadians, and the Assyrians and Babylonians were descendents of the Akkadians. Both the Assyrian and Babylonian language are dialects of Akkadian. Although the Sumerian language ceased to be spoken among the people, it was used during religious ceremonies for centuries by both the Assyrians and Babylonians. This is similar to the Catholic church's use of Latin. Assyrian priests wore fish hats just like the Pope's as well, go figure.

Anyway, without getting windy, Abraham and his offspring were nomadic mostly. That means most religious elements were probably transferred by word of mouth, or written on papyrus. Even if such teachings predated the Sumerians, Akkadians, and Assyrians there would most likely be no existing record to prove it. Genesis and Job were written from verbal and written accounts of the past. A lot of stories such as the Epic Of Gilgamesh and others, were probably deviations from the original accounts passed between Abraham's lines.

www.biblearchaeology.org...
edit on 30-7-2015 by TheChrome because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-7-2015 by TheChrome because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Regarding the use of the word Abrahamic faith derives from that Abraham is an essential part of Quran, Bible and the Torah. You dont see him part of Buddhism or Hindu do you?

Abraham

And you claim your resources as Jihadcounterinfo and dunedin? How about i make my own website and use that as info, or how about Alex Jones and say he is a reptilian cause a youtuber said so.

Abraham originates from the word Brahman.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: TheChrome

This is a subject I have done quite a bit of research on, mostly because the bible does not have a lot of information on the matter

See the following link about the Hassuna, Halaf, Ubaid, and Uruk cultures that archaeologists say predated the Sumerians. Some Guys website?

No where in the text does it say that Hassuna, Halaf, Ubaid, and Uruk cultures predated the Sumerian

Ruins of Ur as seen from the top of the ziggurat. Ur was a major Sumerian center from ca. 5600 to 2000 BC, attaining a size of at least 124 acres. Within the city were a ziggurat, temples, palaces, schools, wealthy private home and the famous “Royal Death Pits,” containing burials of the rich elite from ca. 2600–2100 BC

Hassuna Culture The earliest major culture2 in Mesopotamia is called the Hassuna Culture, named after the place where it was first discovered, the village of Hassuna in northern Mesopotamia. The Hassuna culture dates to the [conventional] period 5500–5000 BC, and has been found at a number of places in the northern part of the river valley. It seems to have been mostly confined to the north. The Hassuna people were agricultural, and were makers of pottery, even though they did not know the potter’s wheel

Halaf Culture Around 5000 BC, the Hassuna Culture was replaced by another northern culture, the Halaf. The Halaf Culture lasted until about 4100 BC. One again, there was no appreciable spread of this culture into southern Mesopotamia. Halaf pottery is very beautiful. Some scholars consider it the best ever made in the early Near East. It is black, brown, or orange, and it decorated with depictions of bulls’ heads and double axes.

Do you recognize this image?

Or do you wanna see when a man becomes a deity?
The very essence of religion is that you worship what keeps you alive,fish, sun, human, the list goes on.

Our civilization starts with Sargon, The Moses story originates with Sargon, Sargon is Moses, but who wants a warlord who killed Millions as a prophet. So the Assyrians switched the story and called the religion Judaism, and became what we see today as Jews.

Sargon, strong king, king of Agade, am I. My mother was a high priestess, my father I do not know. My paternal kin inhabit the mountain region. My city (of birth) is Azupiranu, which lies on the bank of the Euphrates. My mother, a high priestess, conceived me, in secret she bore me. She placed me in a reed basket, with bitumen she caulked my hatch. She abandoned me to the river from which I could not escape. The river carried me along: to Aqqi, the water drawer, it brought me. Aqqi, the water drawer, when immersing his bucket lifted me up. Aqqi, the water drawer, raised me as his adopted son. Aqqi, the water drawer, set me to his garden work. During my garden work, Istar loved me (so that) 55 years I ruled as king.

Or do you wanna see the Sumerian king list?

Sumerian King list

If you one do succedd to interpret this image
You will find out everything

This picture is the key to the past, the future and the present.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: gippito

Regarding the use of the word Abrahamic faith derives from that Abraham is an essential part of Quran, Bible and the Torah. You dont see him part of Buddhism or Hindu do you?

Abraham

And you claim your resources as Jihadcounterinfo and dunedin? How about i make my own website and use that as info, or how about Alex Jones and say he is a reptilian cause a youtuber said so.

Abraham originates from the word Brahman.

His original name was Abram. The change to Abraham was to put the extra 'h' consonant in to signify the Spirit of God added to him. Similarly, Sara's name became Sarah.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: works4dhs

Wrong religion, i have no interest in the hebrew religion and the name Abram. A nomadic people that became a civilisation around 2.500BC and later call themselves by a different name? Only thing they invented was the alphabet the rest they stole.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: gippito

If you one do succedd to interpret this image
You will find out everything

This is actually a good picture relevant to the post, since it depicts the eastern forms of Gods that developed from Sumeria and Babylonia.

In the Middle is Surya the Sun God, much like the Sumerian Utu. Similar to Ra/Osiris of Egypt, Apollo of Greece, and Jupiter of Rome.

Chandra in the upper right is the Moon God, similar to Nanna of the Sumerians. In Egypt it was Thoth, and In Rome Luna.

Mangala at the middle right is the God of War, similar to Ninurta of the Sumerians. Also like Ares of Greece, Mars of Rome.

Most religion has common ancestry dating back to Sumeria. the bible doesn't contain mythology like this, but many who use the bible have forms of worship tainted by these types of traditions that date back centuries.
edit on 31-7-2015 by TheChrome because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Mod Edit
edit on 8/1/2015 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join