It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

University of Cincinnati Officer Ray Tensing Indicted For Murder

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Officer Tensing has been indicted for murder in the shooting death of Samuel Dubose. The incident took place on July 19 in Mt. Aurburn. Tensing, a University of Cincinnati police officer pulled Dubose over (more than a mile away from UC's campus) for not having a front license plate. Details remain sketchy on why Tensing shot and killed Dubose but the body cam footage will be released later today.

Praying for peace in the Queen City...I live outside the city, but I work right next to the UC campus. This sort of violence isn't something that occurs that often in Cincinnati. The police and the community have grown a lot since the 2001 riots. Praying that these outside interest groups take their agenda on down the road and do not try to ignite violence on this super hot day.

Fox 19 Cincinnati

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Details remain sketchy on why Tensing shot and killed Dubose but the body cam footage will be released later today.

Uh huh. Waiting…

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I am happy to see this response...I work in the area as well. I hope people can remain peaceful as this unravels.

a reply to: lovebeck

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Well, the video isn't out yet, but in the press conference he said the cop pulled his gun and shot him in the head in less than a second. He said they reviewed over 100 shootings and this was the first one they found was wrong. I doubt there is any way this cop will not go to jail for murder. And I haven't seen the video yet, but if the ones who are in charge feel this way, it's got to be bad.

I hope everyone realizes that a bad guy did a bad thing and justice is working.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

True.

Hooray Justice!

it DOES exist afterall...

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Good.

Nice to see a little equal justice for once.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Hopefully there will be no rioting. I'm sure protesters will still descend onto the city in the wake of the indictment, I only hope they remain peaceful.

It was previously said that the video is "bad", so I'm assuming this will be a pretty open/shut case if even the LEO community is saying "This is bad, guys."

Hopefully, justice works quickly here.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Well, the video showed the cop finding a pint of gin next to the driver, appeared to be trying to get the guy to come out of the car, the guy started to pull away, and the officer shot him in the head. the car came to a stop a little up the road.

Sad to see. I believe this will be a quick trial.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I thought the video was being released tomorrow. Is it out already?

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Yes, justice is working, but has yet to be served, so I'm unconvinced that Black Lives Matter, who had vowed to "act" regardless of the outcome, is going to be satisfied. It appears they want a pile of wood, an 8-foot steak, and some fire in lieu of patience and letting the trial proceed in a timely but thorough manner.

I hope I'm wrong, though, and that peaceful protests are the only thing that happens in the wake of this decision. From what I've heard, it appears to be the correct call, but until I see the video for myself, I'm still reserving judgment because hearsay means nothing at this point.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I think the original plan was to release it tomorrow, but since the decision has been made by they GJ, it seems they're going to release it today.

They said that they will, so they better, unless the goal is not-so-peaceful protests tonight.

link   
Prosecutor says, "It's ridiculous tht this happened." and "Can you imagine the outrage if this was your kid or his brother?" and "...he pulled out his gun and intentionally shot him in the head."

Voluntary manslaughter.

link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

They just showed it on the live broadcast. There were lots of people filming it, so I expect it to hit you tube quickly. (at least the pirated version) I think the official version is set to come out tomorrow as you said.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Have a link to the video?

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: lovebeck
Praying that these outside interest groups take their agenda on down the road and do not try to ignite violence on this super hot day.

Good point about the heat today...what is it, a heat index of 100+? Of course, rioting tends to wait until the cover of darkness to begin.

God, I really hope it doesn't come to that...

link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
Prosecutor says, "It's ridiculous tht this happened." and "Can you imagine the outrage if this was your kid or his brother?" and "...he pulled out his gun and intentionally shot him in the head."

Voluntary manslaughter.

The Prosecutor said it was murder. He even mentioned life sentence. I am not sure how he can say that quite yet, but I assume it because he has little doubt about the verdict at this point. I really like the no BS way the guy handled the press conference.

link   
That video was quite disturbing...And that was watching a recording from a projector screen in the prosecutors office.

Deters looks exhausted. I applaud him for the way he handled this situation.

Find it interesting that he said Tensing should have never been a cop but that UC wouldn't have been able to "find" that information out about him. I'm guessing the dude had a history of violence, possibly a juvenile record, and while the prosecutors office can find that information, UC wouldn't have been able to. I am just speculating on this and have no clue what he was referring to.

I am still disturbed by that video. Tensing was an asshat from the jump. If people only knew where UC's campus is and where this took place...They'd understand why so many of us who DO know that area were scratching our heads! I rarely, if ever, even see them patrolling by my employer who is only a block away from UC....WTF was he doing following him that far into Mt. Auburn for no front plate??

Dubose was calm, but it appears that he was scared and seem to know what was about to happen. I feel SO badly for his mother, his family and his children. And, just like I thought, that bottle of alcohol WAS NOT open. So much for the cop apologists who said Dubose was driving with an open container in some of the other threads...

Senseless acts of murder are not permitted in this fine city. There was no blue wall and no support for a killer cop. Thank God Cincinnati PD got there when they did, before he could manipulate the situation in his favor...Idiot must've forgot about his body camera though.

I also FULLY support doing away with the UC police and making that District 6 for the Cincinnati PD. Deters is right, they really need better trained officers who know the people and how to work with them patrolling the UC campus. Cincinnati PD is one of the best and had that been a CPD officer Samuel Dubose probably wouldn't have been stopped in the first place, but he'd definitely still be alive.

link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

Have a link to the video?

NO, I watched it on the live feed for the press conference. Sorry. All I got is the play by play I offered earlier.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

He'll be lucky to get manslaughter if the description of the video is accurate.

Second Degree Murder sounds more likely to me, honestly.

Voluntary Manslaughter usually involves some mitigating circumstances such a husband discovering infidelity or other "crime of passion" type murders.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

originally posted by: lovebeck
Praying that these outside interest groups take their agenda on down the road and do not try to ignite violence on this super hot day.

Good point about the heat today...what is it, a heat index of 100+? Of course, rioting tends to wait until the cover of darkness to begin.

God, I really hope it doesn't come to that...

I don't think it will. Is there a lot of crime in our city? Absolutely, BUT I think that people have enough sense to not start a riot. WTF would be the point? The cop was indicted for what he did, which was MURDER Sam Dubose.

I heard that he was indicted at like 12:30 p.m. from a friend in the know. They were 100% right. Kudos to Deters for playing this SO close to the vest. No matter the threats and lawsuits filed by the media, he handled this like a pro.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join