It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible MH-370 debris found on Reunion Island?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Looks authentic. The cutouts and attachment fittings of a 777 flaperon seem to fit the pictures.
A serial number match will be the definitive on this.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Sometimes even I have to sleep you know.

It looks more like an elevator than a flap honestly. That's awfully thick at the base for a flap, and doesn't look like it's curved enough for a flap.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   

The similarity is great, so i really think it will turn out to be indeed a flaperon of a B777.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   
The Guardian gave this link

www.adrift.org.au...

Just click on the area where you think MH370 MAY have gone down and it shows marine drift in months and years.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   
It matches up to actuator positions.

blog-peuravion.fr...

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Does anyone remember this incident to MH370's wing almost 2 years prior to the plane disappearing?

Twitter
and accident report
Aviation Safety Network

A taxiing Malaysia Airlines Boeing 777 passenger plane (9M-MRO), flight MH389, contaced the tail of a China Eastern Airlines A340 plane, B-6050, waiting on the taxiway at Pudong International Airport.No one was injured.

The tip of the wing of the Malaysia Airlines Boeing 777 was broken off and hung on the tail of the China Eastern Airbus 340-600, according to pictures posted by passengers on the Internet.

The very same plane went missing on March 8, 2014 while on a flight from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing,

edit on 7/29/2015 by whatnext21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Shenanigans and tomfoolery! Your alarm clock should be set for whenever there's breaking aviation news! Your people need you!

Thanks for the info though.

What about being able to track parts from fabrication to installation? Is that a thing or are we giving Boeing too much credit?

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   

If there's an actual Boeing part number that is aircraft specific, then they can. If there's an airline specific number that they add on later it gets harder. The number given sounds more like a partial number as part numbers are usually longer, but even that will at least trace to a specific type.

This is obviously from a crashed aircraft, whether it's flap or elevator. Any aircraft losing a part that large would have been reported and have been all over aviation sites.
edit on 7/29/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Ahhh okay. Thanks Zaph. Guess we'll wait to see what develops now. Could be big, could be nothing, could be another mystery. Curiouser and curiouser

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I clicked the search area and it was about 7-8 months....I clicked Maldives and it came up right at that Island in a a year and four months ...where the halon tank was washed up. Hmmmm

a reply to: nelloh62

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Yeah, if it is in fact from a 777, there can't be many explanations of where it came from except MH370. I can't remember any other 777 lost or even major incident with a part that large coming off in that part of the world plus with the amount of sea life attached to it it sure looks like it's been in the water a little while but not a tremendous amount of time.
It shouldn't take long to pin down what aircraft type it's from if it has numbers on it.
I'd be surprised if Boeing didn't have people on their way there now to examine the piece as well as Australian official in charge of the investigation.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

there have only ever been 4 crashes involving 777's
2 at airports
1 shot down over Ukraine
and MH370

So if it is from a 777 which it looks like then it is no doubt from the MASflight.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: dashrunner

this is big news.....been so long,...it is a start...we will see when more news comes out

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   

BREAKING: US official: Debris in photo belongs to same type of aircraft as the missing Malaysia plane.

There is the answer.

Source
edit on 29-7-2015 by earthling42 because: link

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: earthling42

BREAKING: US official: Debris in photo belongs to same type of aircraft as the missing Malaysia plane.

There is the answer.

Who made the statement and is there access to it?

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Associated Press is citing an unnamed official.

Near as I can recall, AP is usually pretty good about not throwing out bad info but I'm sure it wouldn't be the first time they got it wrong, if they have.

Still, I feel like they're typically pretty good.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: earthling42

If it's not from a 777, it's from a 777 class aircraft. A component that size came from a big aircraft. By process of elimination it has to be from a Triple.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Several news channels are now reporting this news, this is based on the pictures of the debris which can be seen here.

There is only one B777 that we know has crashed in the indian ocean.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   
AP sourcing sounds pretty good.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   

I've added the link in in the post above, sorry about forgetting to include it in the message

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join