It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Female Big Game Trophy Hunter

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   
FEMALE BIG GAME TROPHY HUNTER

I rarely post in rant, but this makes me mad.

Ok the story of Cecil the Lion being shot led me to another story of a female big game hunter.
The story was last year and I never saw it because I guess people felt it wasn't a big deal. Clearly from the reaction of Cecils death when a white rich American man does it, it 1000% worse. I am not justifying him one iota, what he did is indefensible at every level and criminal and he has been and is being socially lynched in social media, and he deserves it.

My point is this woman does it and the the internet is meh..... whatever....

REALLY ???

One writer brought it back up saying hey guys look at this she got a pass by the internet community, possibly because she is a woman.
Based on the level of universal outrage over Cecils death, I have to say it's more than a possibility.
Such a double standard, the pass, you know the one society gives women in 2015 is getting ridiculous.
Be equal by all means, I am all for that, but take the good and the bad equally too.

"End of rant"
edit on 29-7-2015 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/29/2015 by semperfortis because: Corrected all CAPS

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

It was discussed. I don't care if you're a man, woman or purple - it's wrong!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Perhaps this isn't the same one you are referring to. In any case there have been a lot of women posing with these trophy kills. There have been many brought to light. Including a 15 year old girl if I recall.

The only hope I see coming out of these situations are the total condemnation of these people.
I.E. You can bet the dentist that just murdered Cecil the lion will now lose the majority of his clientele and have a hard time finding new patients. Our actions do reap consequences.

edit on 29/7/15 by ccseagull because: Added more thoughts

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   
What I find odd is that we care more about a lions death than the death of a black woman
jailed for a traffic offence.

www.rawstory.com...

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Millions of unborn babies are aborted, no-one says a word.

One lion dies and the whole world loses its frickin' mind.

That's my opinion on the subject.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
What I find odd is that we care more about a lions death than the death of a black woman
jailed for a traffic offence.

www.rawstory.com...

I find it odd we don't care about the thousands up thousands of blacks killed every year by other blacks... I find it even more interesting the same minstrels are silent on the millions of blacks aborted. Black Lives Matter... yeah right. Only matter when the one doing the killing is a white guy.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   
All Animal Lives Matter !!

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Of coarse your 100% correct, the scales of morality these days are messed up.

But your point about abortion is well taken, that pass I talked about for women in the OP, also applies to the genocide of the unwanted unborn if it is driven by female pro-choice. But that is a different topic that this thread isn't about.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
All Animal Lives Matter !!

Trolling.... Like Humans.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   

I know, just putting it into perspective.

If you'd like, we can also talk of all the deer, elk, game animals shot, or the millions of cows (yum), pigs (bacon), killed every year for food or trophies.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   
It was discussed. As nauseum. As was another female trophy hunter.

Both of them received death threats and all sorts of wonderful vitriol. And then society went back to their mocha latte and wondering what the kardashians are up to.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   

You've said plenty on the subject-as have others-so it can't be said that no one says a word.

As for the lion in question, I don't know of any animal species that kills for entertainment-only us. People accuse others of acting like animals when in truth some humans behave worse than animals.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

We're the only species that uses toilet paper also.

I guess I can't get my "outrage" on, with this.

Boko Haram is killing people, ISIS is killing people, thousands die every year in gang violence in the US, Obama drone-bombs American citizens. . . . . . .

tell you what, I'll hashtag #sadlion and take down a confederate flag.

That'll solve everything.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Beezzer

I know we see them posted every day and nobody cares, the apathy is sickening.

But when the Kim Kardashin generation finally wakes up they can be a force to reckon with on social media, this Cecil the Lion story woke them up, wouldn't you say ?

Now if we could only get them outraged on other more important topics like you mentioned, we have seen what it can do lately, it pushes things a certain way for good or bad.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33

Beezzer

I know we see them posted every day and nobody cares, the apathy is sickening.

But when the Kim Kardashin generation finally wakes up they can be a force to reckon with on social media, this Cecil the Lion story woke them up, wouldn't you say ?

Now if we could only get them outraged on other more important topics like you mentioned, we have seen what it can do lately, it pushes things a certain way for good or bad.

It's not real outrage, though.

It's a new "faux" outrage. It's the "drama-of-the-week". The "cause of the day".

It is no effort to tweet how angry you are.

It doesn't take away from the Kardashians.

Taxes are higher, economy is crashing, unemployment is getting worse. . . . no-one can give a tinkers damn.

Jenner gets his member chopped, a lion gets shot, and it's national news.

It is a pathetic indictment of the society we live in when soldiers getting shot by islamic extremists garner less coverage than a guy without a weiner or a lion.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Dude you have no idea how hard I am laughing right now at that last post.
You just made my day.

I wish there was like this special 10 star button for senior posters we could give out.
edit on 29-7-2015 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

If you'd like, we can also talk of all the deer, elk, game animals shot, or the millions of cows (yum), pigs (bacon), killed every year for food or trophies.

Cows and pigs are slaughtered for food, as are game animals - deer and elk maybe for controlling the population of deer and elk. The lion in this case and the giraffe in the womans case (assuming it's the same person I'm thinking of) were killed for no other reason than to masturbate the ego of some twat with money. There is a lot of difference in my humble opinion.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   

One lion dies and the whole world loses its frickin' mind.

That's my opinion on the subject.

Maybe it's because we already have too many humans as it is but we're extremely low on the number of lions.

Maybe it's because the baby wasn't wanted and couldn't be cared for and was destined to a life of suffering.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

Cows and pigs are slaughtered for food, as are game animals - deer and elk maybe for controlling the population of deer and elk. The lion in this case and the giraffe in the womans case (assuming it's the same person I'm thinking of) were killed for no other reason than to masturbate the ego of some twat with money. There is a lot of difference in my humble opinion.

Who cares!

I'd be a little sad if it was the last lion. I'd even be pissed if it were MY lion. This lion?

*meh*

If we're talking about mastubating ego's of twats with money, then there's the political forum or a Bruce Jenner thread.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

*sob*

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   

I hope these hunters meet the same fate!!!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join