It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I was lost in a beautiful delusion

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: intrptr

We don't know what he's "on." What his DOC is makes all the difference.

I understand that. Current drug of choice is a primary go-to, Usually, long term addicts abuse a lot of substances, loved ones, too. No matter how carefully they hide it, they eventually get found out… see?

She isn't asking about the is it bad enough part, just where to go from here. The addict will always say oh, its not that bad, I don't do it that often and I can quit anytime, just go back to the way things were, so I can keep doing it.

When she moved he 'stayed behind', thats a tell also. He's married to the dope, not her. He remained behind for his habit, connection (supply) and addicted lifestyle.

That she was oblivious to his alternate lifestyle, doesn't reflect poorly on her, she shouldn't self recriminate, she trusted him, loved him, believed in him, The bad reflection is on him for deceiving her, pretending to be somebody else, hiding his addiction from her.

I feel her pain, I've been in his spot before, drug addicts aren't in control of their lives, they don't mean to be hurting people, its just that they can't control their behavior. The drugs are in control, getting the money to get the drugs, "chasing the bag" comes first.
edit on 31-7-2015 by intrptr because: content

<< 2  3  4   >>

join