It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate GOP Fast-Tracks Bill To Defund Planned Parenthood

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: introvert

Then you can all have your cake and eat it.

Respectfully, how would I know?

Wouldn't it be wiser to investigate and find the truth before pushing to de-fund? Isn't this indicative of a political move, more than a moral, or "right" thing to do?

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: introvert

Then you can all have your cake and eat it.

Respectfully, how would I know?

Wouldn't it be wiser to investigate and find the truth before pushing to de-fund? Isn't this indicative of a political move, more than a moral, or "right" thing to do?

As I said in the original defunding thread which you participated in, this is a knee jerk reaction, not based on logic or morals.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

So if they are only charging processing fees why are they diacussing how much these fees wiLl be? Should they not be set? Wtf. I hope the bill passes.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Well, I hope the GOP has some money set aside to pay for all those newborns that'll end up on EBT/foodstamps and welfare...

You do realize that only about 3% of PP's business is about abortions -- right?

Ah hell, let's just get rid of the whole thing because a tiny fraction of their business we get emotional over and don't like...Let's forget about the 97% of life-saving services they provide women that can't afford it.

And let's not even bother investigating a group known for spreading lies and disinformation before doing so!

Sounds like a solid plan GOP. A solid, wise plan...
edit on 29-7-2015 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: lightedhype
a reply to: Gryphon66

So if they are only charging processing fees why are they diacussing how much these fees wiLl be? Should they not be set?

Why should they have to be set? Is there something wrong with fees being negotiable? Or do you LIKE being bent over by whatever business you are trying to buy something from that wants to stick different fees on the backend of your purchase?

Wtf. I hope the bill passes.

Why? What problems do you have with 97% of things PP does that AREN'T giving out abortions that this bill will end up defunding (it won't defund any abortion practices because those are already illegal to be funded by tax dollars)?

How much do you actually KNOW about PP exactly?

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: greencmp

An inaccurate "good point" that fits the agenda ... But if the Congress is going to act on belief in lieu of facts, why not?

You are sort of forcing a side conversation by challenging the legitimacy of my claim that official departments have their own lobbyists. I had intended it to be a side note.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Your source is so damned biased and wrong it's not even funny. This is the damn opening paragraph!

Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the
largest and oldest abortion business in the nation.
Originally founded by Margaret Sanger in 1916 to
promote eugenics – "selective breeding," through which
only those deemed "ft" to reproduce may have children
–Planned Parenthood has grown to become the dominant
corporation of the abortion industry and lobby

Straight up propaganda. Of course it was written by the same shady organization that made these videos, so there you go.
edit on 29-7-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Thing is, about the first point, is that there more than likely won't be any more or less newborns. Women who do not want to carry to term will not. They will find a way, as they are already have in Texas and in countries that have already gone through this.

Or...this will increase...

WHO repots that 21.6 million women experience an unsafe abortion worldwide each year; 18.5 million of these occur in developing countries. And 47 000 women die from complications of unsafe abortion each year.

But those lives don't f*cking matter.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Okay, so let's risk the life of the mother and a questionably "alive" fetus at the same time!

Wonderful.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   

And don't forget to refuse to provide ANY services to the mother if she DOES decide to keep the baby, because after all she's likely poor (since poor people who can't afford to have a child tend to get high numbers of abortions) and we all know that poor people are just mooching off of the system according to additional Republican rhetoric. So now the baby gets to grow up in a #ty environment and is likely to turn to drugs or crime later in life. 'Murica!

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   
This smells like dirty politics to me. The PP shock videos play on a certain demographics emotions and I happen to think this was intentional.

I just do not know what the GOP hopes to accomplish with this. Planned Parent provides free birth control to those who need it among a bunch of other health services. Why destroy something that is truly helpful.

I really do not see how any reasonable person can align themselves with the GOP today and it amazes how they can keep playing the 'moral' card while clearly being guilty of immoral things.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod

Yeah, I agree. Just said that here.

Making this a politcal issue is flat out wrong.. It's moral and it's personal.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Because the right keeps pushing the rhetoric that PP ='s abortions. This allows people to just push all the other services that PP provides out of sight and out of mind. I've seen rhetoric like this in action in the past and I even authored a thread the last time I saw it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The PP clinic in that thread didn't even PERFORM abortions, but was defunded and shutdown because abortions = bad. Then everyone acts shocked and surprised when a std (in this case, HIV) epidemic breaks out in the area...

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   
GOP leaders want women leading anti-Planned Parenthood efforts

The effort to put two women in front of the effort to defund Planned Parenthood could help Republican leaders fend off Democratic charges that they are playing fast and loose with women's health in order to placate their party's base.

Eyeroll.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

So there are serial killers in the world, so why bother arresting any of them...cause another one will pop up? Im not trying to be an ass, but geez, shouldnt this issue be deeply vetted, since as a general rule, if money is involved...S&^t will get corrupted?

Am I wrong?

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Because the right wants to legislate morality and people's bodies..despite the fact they claim to be the party of "small government".

It shouldn't be a political issue, but sadly it is.
edit on 29-7-2015 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

Your making the assumption that abortion is murder. Not everyone sees abortion as murder.

Those that respect the right of the individual to make that decision may or may not see abortion as murder, but people (like myself) think that only the pregnant woman should be able to decide what happens to her body...baby or not.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
As much as the pro-abortion crowd states that we, the anti-abortion crowd should fund or support all the babies that would be born, why doesn't the pro-abortion crowd simply fund the planned parenthood sites?

If it means that much to you all, pay up!

Problem solved.

why?....because federal funds CANNOT BY LAW be used for abortions.....geez....why do people on ATS keep beating this dead horse?

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Come on...its deeper than that. Right -Left is everyone caught in a dialectic, incapable of divorcing themselves from an ideology shared my others? This isnt sports, its not a fight over the Steelers and the Browns...its human beings.

There is something inherently wrong with selling freaking body parts. If you dont think so...Id rather not have you as a neighbor...damn

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join