It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 examples of scientifique facts explained by the Quran [Moon/Iron/Big bang]

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Of course the Qur'an is not a book of science. However, many scientific facts that are expressed in an extremely concise and profound manner in its verses have only been discovered with the technology of the 20th century. These facts could not have been known at the time of the Qur'an's revelation, and this is still more proof (for me) that the Qur'an is the word of God.

This short video explains a couple of those scientific facts, I could of course, write a thread about it but since I'm in a very lazy mood I prefer to let this short video do the work for me.

Want to read more about scientific facts in the Quran? Check out this link:
www.missionislam.com...

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Scientific Errors in the Qur'an

Geocentricism

The Qur'an mentions numerous times that the sun and the moon travel in an orbit, but does not mention once that the earth does too. This is consistent with a earth-centered (geocentric) view of the cosmos that places a motionless earth at the center of the universe and all "heavenly bodies" travel around the earth. This was the prevailing understanding of the universe prior to the 16th century when Copernicus helped explain and popularize a sun-centered (heliocentric) view of the universe. Tellingly, the sun's orbit is always mentioned in the context of night and day.

Setting and Rising Place of the Sun

The Qur'an assumes a flat earth which has physical places into which the sun sets and rises from. Since the earth is a rotating sphere, the sun does not set in any particular place and you can never travel to "the spot" where the sun sets nor a place where it rises; the sun appears to set or rise on the horizon no matter where you are on the planet. In these verses, the author propagates a popular legend from the 7th century of a man named Dhu'l-Qarnayn who visits the places where the sun sets and rises; here he finds the sun going down into a muddy spring and later rising on a tribe with no coverings.

Stars are Missiles Shot at Devils

The author of the Qur'an does not seem to know the difference between stars (giant balls of gas thousands of times larger than the earth) and meteorites which are small rocky masses of debris which brighten up after entering the earth's atmosphere. Many ancient people confused the two, as meteorites look like stars that are streaking across the sky; this is why there were often called shooting stars or falling stars. In the following verse, the Qur'an claims that Allah uses stars as missiles to ward away devils. This repeats a common Arab myth at the time the Qur'an was first recited.

Moon Emits Light

The moon does not emit its own light but simply reflects light coming from the Sun. The Arabic word for reflected (in`ikaas) does not appear in this Qur'anic verse that says the Moon is a "light". It instead uses the word "Noor" which is used to denote an entity that emits light.

Moon was Split in Two

The Qur'an and Hadith claim that the moon was miraculously split into two pieces and then, presumably, put back together again. There is absolutely no scientific evidence whatsoever that the moon has ever been split into two. Since the moon is visible to half the planet at any given time, we should expect to see numerous accounts from different parts of the world attesting to this event if it actually happened. The Romans, Greeks, Egyptians, Persians, Chinese and Indians had avid astronomers who should have seen this event and recorded it in their histories. The absence of historical record from other civilizations, contemporary to Muhammad, is a strong indication that this event never happened.

Sun, Moon and Stars Created for Humans

The sun, moon and stars are much older than humans. But the Qur'an states their created purpose is for timekeeping and navigation.

Earth Created in Six Days

The earth first formed around 9 billion years after the Big Bang. The Qur'an, however, repeats the prevailing middle eastern myth that the earth and universe were formed in six days.

Earth Created before Stars

The author of the Qur'an is also unaware that the elements in the Earth's crust and core were first formed in stars. Modern science has proposed that all the elements that make up the earth (Oxygen, Nitrogen, Carbon, Iron, etc.) was originally formed by nucleosynthesis in stars and then expelled into the universe when those stars supernova. Yet the Qur'an describes the earth being formed before the stars and from "smoke" or material that pre-dates stars. All rocky and gaseous planets in the universe were formed in a similar manner to the earth and the Qur'an singling out the earth only further highlights the authors ignorance of the history of the formation of celestial objects.

Lots more examples of bad science here

Its a shame that Islam was once the world leader in Science, what the hell happened?
edit on 29.7.2015 by flammadraco because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricFeel
Doesn't the Quran also teach a flat earth, and a geocentric solar system? As well as humans being created from a clot of blood?

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Even if Muhammad would have been given a perfect scientific theory on Quantum Theory, the idea that he must be the voice of god is not proven just because he can channel information.

Any spirit can give any information for the other side but that do not mean they are teaching the highest level of objective morality that creates righteous action.

Any god/spirit who would use Muhammad as his mouthpiece do not measure up to be respected by me. Muhammad shown by the fruits of his life that he is not someone to follow his example. Every soul on this world (no matter religion) that have not killed another person is better than Muhammad ever was. Muhammad is not someones to emulate in action if you want to be a loving reasonable person.

Do pure spirits have trouble communicating with psychics when a dog is around? That Muhammad and his spirit adviser had issues with dogs around for me proves he is channeling/communicating with something bad.

Just to make it clear many people know more about the spirit world than what they are feed from religions. You are in the times when many takes trips outside their bodies and plays around and experience the real deal.

Here is another channeller who is channeling a spirit he calls Bashar. He might have been the creator of a religion if he lived as an Arab around 500-600 AD. Think of what kind of religion this soul would have created if he was the example instead of Muhammad to Muslim.

At least this spirit is a positive influence.
edit on 29-7-2015 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   
This guy is stretching to make everything fit.
Believe what you like, but please don't try to convince me that a book that says it's ok to beat your wife is in any way scientific proof that a deity exists.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricFeel
Of course the Qur'an is not a book of science. However, many scientific facts that are expressed in an extremely concise and profound manner in its verses have only been discovered with the technology of the 20th century. These facts could not have been known at the time of the Qur'an's revelation, and this is still more proof (for me) that the Qur'an is the word of God.

This short video explains a couple of those scientific facts, I could of course, write a thread about it but since I'm in a very lazy mood I prefer to let this short video do the work for me.

Because I am in a lazy mood I will dismiss your silly post without watching it and then .....nah I wont poke fun at all the silly stuff scientificaly the Koran states thats absurd
Really, effort, or no effort deserves no response

www.foundalis.com...

I hate religious science, its almost like faith in evolution

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: flammadraco

Its the same old story, once religion starts to gain power the cunning but stupid rise to the top, and then attack the people of science, this happened to the RC church and plunged Europe into several 100s of years of stagnation. Islam is the same, but now going close to 2000 years. Some examples to show what i mean
globalvoicesonline.org...#
www.ibtimes.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Islamic culture had a profound effect on scientific endeavours. But it was overwhelmed by the puritanism and superstition of its most sexually repressed people.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   

This looks to be the same stretching of definitions from the old world to fit modern concepts that the Christians use to try to prove THEIR bible is scientifically accurate. But then, all one has to do is turn around and point to one of the many magical things that are mentioned in the book and all of a sudden the scientific accuracy goes out the window. Even 99% scientific accuracy is irrelevant in the face of one KNOWN scientific inaccuracy.

(post by ISeekTruth101 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)
(post by ISeekTruth101 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Quick test for all of you here

In the Quran it says something along the lines of - 'When you die, we can bring you back to life putting you back together in perfect Order - even the tips of your fingers''

Now can anyone here please tell me what the significance of those last few words are in relation to what is being conveyed through that sentence?

Let's see who is really being open -minded here.
edit on 29-7-2015 by ISeekTruth101 because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-7-2015 by ISeekTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ISeekTruth101
Quick test for all of you here

In the Quran it says something along the lines of - 'When you die, we can bring you back to life putting you back together in perfect Order - even the tips of your fingers''

Now can anyone here please tell me what the significance of those last few words are in relation to what is being conveyed through that sentence?

Let's see who is really being open -minded here.

let me guess, a person's identity is on their fingertips.n Blah, who cares about fingertips and identity

It was a lazy OP and it didnt offer anything but a youtube link. The OP admitted he was lazy, does he deserve our effort.

I have seen atheists evangelise their beliefs with more sincerity and zeal

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I think it is fascinating and, well, "neat" to see how some observations from so many years ago are found as accurate today. I see it almost like a link, or bridge, between vastly different cultures and periods of time.

Of course, it is a bit difficult NOT to interpret other cultures through our own. Especially in our modern approach of expedient acceptance or rejection and technologically tempered groupthink.

I'd love to see a similar conversation both from the era/area of the Quran as well as one or two thousand years into our future.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I've read these parts of the Koran and found it very intriguing.

History and Sociology of Science was my major in college. A detailed study of this would have made a great research paper.

On a personal level, I was also very impressed with this very ancient insight....put in writing.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 04:25 AM
link   
a reply to: borntowatch

OP was lazy? What.. just like you are lazy in your response to me? Hypocrite.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 04:32 AM
link   

The Big Bang Theory was first proposed by a Catholic Priest. It floored Einstein.

The Catholic Church suppressed science!? Lmao. The Catholic Church invented the sciences. If not for The Catholic Church, we'd still be in the dark ages. Thank a monk.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: ISeekTruth101

A whole chuck of your post was from the internet and as such you need to place an external link

like this to show it is not your thoughts being used, but those of another person, its also good etiquette to show the source of your information

Like this as an example

I was going to respond to you but as you've been as lazy as the OP and just copying and pasting your responses from the internet. This is called Plagiarism and I to have nothing more to add.

Perhaps you need to read the sites T&Cs about Plagiarism

plagiarism
ˈpleɪdʒərɪz(ə)m/Submit
noun
the practice of taking someone else's work or ideas and passing them off as one's own.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: flammadraco

No it wasn't plagiarism, if it was so, you are free to prove that it is copy and paste by whatever tools or means you have. I did infact look online to find the information, understand it, and put it into my own words. And seeing as I have talked about established knowledge e.g. CME - Coronal mass ejections, it is actually easy to figure out what that is by looking online and hence understanding what I referring to in my post. In my second post about the moons light - I cited the website which was the source of information.

So it is actually you that is being lazy, because while you cited your sources all you did was just copy links from the net and add copied excerpts ... whereas I collated and organised my information using my own brain, and writing.

Very weak response from you as you could not even address the points I made, but then again you proved the point I was making just try to discredit, disprove, silence, evade the real knowledge just for the sake of not listening or understanding.

edit on 30-7-2015 by ISeekTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: flammadraco
a reply to: ISeekTruth101

A whole chuck of your post was from the internet and as such you need to place an external link

like this to show it is not your thoughts being used, but those of another person, its also good etiquette to show the source of your information

Like this as an example

I was going to respond to you but as you've been as lazy as the OP and just copying and pasting your responses from the internet. This is called Plagiarism and I to have nothing more to add.

Perhaps you need to read the sites T&Cs about Plagiarism

plagiarism
ˈpleɪdʒərɪz(ə)m/Submit
noun
the practice of taking someone else's work or ideas and passing them off as one's own.

I actually put a great deal of time and effort in forming my posts in this thread, by researching the information, understanding it and pulling it together into an argument. Can you say the same for the content of your post? Where you simply posted links to other works, and excerpts?

I find it insulting that you accuse me of being lazy, yet you don't even respond to my arguments.

If I have been found to be plagiarizing work than moderators are free to warn me and delete my posts.
edit on 30-7-2015 by ISeekTruth101 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join