It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For people who believe homosexuality is a choice.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   
To add - it seems very unlikely to be gene related. I mean... Genes come from successful reproduction.

So therefor, again, WHY AND HOW do we have a measurable gay population?

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: derickonfire
To add - it seems very unlikely to be gene related. I mean... Genes come from successful reproduction.

So therefor, again, WHY AND HOW do we have a measurable gay population?

Not every gene is directly involved in furthering procreation. In nature it's been observed that more homosexual mice are born in overcrowded, resource poor conditions.

Natures own form of regulating breeding?

Perhaps, buts it's a far cry from observing that in mice to extrapolating those experiments to the human species though we do share many genes with them.

As I said biology is pretty diverse and way more complicated than the simplistic stuff we learn in high school

In science when faced with an unknown the firs is not to conspiracy but to nature.
edit on 30-7-2015 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 02:19 AM
link   
God be with you OpenEars. Thanks for sharing. Heres my view of homosexuality.

1. Most homosexuals were created by pedophiles, or homosexuals.

2. If it didnt happen in this life, then it happened in a former life. Yes, reincarnation is real as is evidenced by the majority of earth dwellers...Buddhists and Hindus.

3. Homosexuality is clearly against Gods law, against the laws of nature.

4. If the above are true then homosexuality can, and must be reversed.

Sorry for any offence.

I consider society as a whole to be sexually dysfunctional, with the heterosexual community a bigger part of the problem, as they represent 85 to 95 percent of our population.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 02:25 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 02:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: mymojo

2. If it didnt happen in this life, then it happened in a former life. Yes, reincarnation is real as is evidenced by the majority of earth dwellers...Buddhists and Hindus.

Sorry for any offence.

I consider society as a whole to be sexually dysfunctional, with the heterosexual community a bigger part of the problem, as they represent 85 to 95 percent of our population.

No offence taken, because numbers 1, 2, & 3 aren't true.

Edit: Wow I just realised you called most gay people's parents gays or peadophiles.

Just Wow :-|
edit on 31/7/15 by OpenEars123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 02:35 AM
link   
a reply to: mymojo

get screwed dude.. mods feel free to throw me out of ats .. but mymojo dude you are pathetic
YOU ARE HELL ON EARTH
edit on 31-7-2015 by Layaly because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 02:39 AM
link   
a reply to: mymojo

ok i am not going to sink to your level.... AND I AM A CHRISTIAN .... WHO READS BIBLE AND LOVES IT ...AND BELIEVES IN GOD...SO PLEASE GET LOST
edit on 31-7-2015 by Layaly because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 02:58 AM
link   
a reply to: OpenEars123

no need to read just fyi
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 03:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Layaly

no need to read just fyi
www.abovetopsecret.com...

What a lovely thread and gesture by you. I am unable to listen to the song atm, but did read through the thread. So many kind people on ATS, they all make up for the bad ones

Edit: And you seem to turn out just fine without your homophobic parents.
edit on 31/7/15 by OpenEars123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 06:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: mymojo

Sorry for any offence.

No, you don't get to just dump lies like this and run. You are about to be held accountable.

1) Lies. We are not 'created' through child rape. You should be ashamed of yourself for linking the two together and you offend the straight men who have go on to commit suicide because they were molested. You offend my own mother who was molested. You offend every single person who was molested.

Shame on you for suggesting this, shame

2) Because the above theory is so blatantly stupid and full of lies, you have to rely on reincarnation now? This is a new kind of stupid and I am almost impressed at the new level you have taken idiocy to.

3)Now you snap back to Christianity? Your arguments are as erratic as your logic! There have been many threads on this, the bible is just another book. Homosexuality is everywhere in nature, so WRONG on the against nature part I am afraid.

4) As all three arguments are steaming piles of bull turd, then NO homosexuality does not and should never ever attempted to be reversed. It is attitudes like yours that need to be reversed.

Sexually dysfunctional how?

More open and honest about it yes. Changing attitudes toward something that 99% of us do definitely.

Being worse off because of it, heck no.
edit on 31-7-2015 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

Thanks for replying to mymojo. I can safely assume you speak for 98% of people on here.

I was too flabbergasted to even begin to reply.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 07:11 AM
link   

No problems.

Nobody gets away with saying such hurtful and hateful lies on my watch

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   
No one knows why people are homosexuals at this point...Might be a choice for some and a desease for others or mental state for others and some may be born that way.
It is not normal to be a homosexual whatsoever and people will not tell it like it is.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jobeycool
No one knows why people are homosexuals at this point...Might be a choice for some and a desease for others or mental state for others and some may be born that way.
It is not normal to be a homosexual whatsoever and people will not tell it like it is.

This thread is full of people telling it like it is.
Maybe you should read through it?
You never know, hearing 1st hand life experiences may open your mind a little more.
You've got nothing to lose and maybe, just maybe, something to learn. Sounds like a pretty good deal to me. Thanks for your consideration.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Jobeycool

Care to show me a person who is normal?.
Normal does not exist.
I for one am glad the human condition is much more than just what you may define as normal.
We should celebrate every type of human even the bigots who have no idea about other people and just use outdated books as a guide for life.
Openears says it well get out and meet people who you wouldn't meet and learn about others afterall we all share this rock and you may as well attempt to learn and then accept other folk.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

Don't forget the *snaps*

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   

I haven't read your post yet but sorry, homosexuality is an act. It is a choice by definition. You are not a homosexual unless you commit a sexual act with someone of the same gender. So, yes, it is a choice.

If you are referring to being attracted to people of the same sex, that is a different story and there are likely a myriad of different reasons that people have that attraction, including mental disorders, poor parental relationships from one parent or the other, potentially biological abnormalities like chemical imbalance, etc, or potentially genetic abnormalities.

I'm tired of people on both sides thinking that this is simply a "wrong because God says so" or "Right because no choice" issue.

Of course you have a choice if you carpet munch or pole suck, or dirty hole ride or whatever...

Whether certain conditions that lead to same sex attraction should be treated is what's up for debate and it SHOULD be debated and researched and not by the biased morons who fall into one of the above categories but by people who really want to know the underlying mechanism for the cases.

Like most things, it should also be up to the individuals as to whether they are treated or not, but do NOT expect society to conform to those abnormalities just because you think it isn't fair. Life isn't fair...

Jaden

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Masterjaden

So you are not Heterosexual until you commit a sexual act? so you would be born Bisexual until you commit an act with either Sex?

Well, Welcome to the GLBTQ+!!

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime

Technically you are not heterosexual until you commit a sexual act, but that doesn't make you bi-sexual which requires having sexual acts with both genders, it makes you non-sexual.

I mean are all people who have EVER had sex with someone of the same sex bi-sexual? Or are they what they choose to be, if they say they are hetero even though in the past they were bi, does that change? If it does, then how could you argue that it's not a choice?

I mean if someone were hetero their WHOLE life and then decides that they are gay, does that mean that really they are bi? If not, if they are gay, how can you argue that it's not a choice? I mean they are deciding arbitrarily what they are. Well, maybe not arbitrarily necessary, but they are deciding what they are to be considered. That pretty much makes it a choice.

Jaden

edit on 31-7-2015 by Masterjaden because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-7-2015 by Masterjaden because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Of course normal exists, normal is just what the vast majority's inclinations are.

fetish's do not change the fact that the vast majority's inclinations are towards the opposite sex.

That's just more ridiculousness to try and skew viewpoints away from normality.

Jaden

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join