It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican lawmaker files motion to unseat John Boehner - Unprecedented in History of House

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

I know it's FOX NEWS, but this is big news folks.

A REPUBLICAN has filed a motion to have a Speaker from his own party dismissed from his post.

Not likely it will be considered for a vote, as Boehner has to be the one to call votes to the floor and not likely he has the guts.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: babybunnies

He doesn't speak for my household. Boehner is only for Boehner. Hubby calls him "Boner"....being hearing impaired, it comes out that way and I chuckle a bit still..everytime.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Major find! S&F.

What are your opinions on the subject? Are you for or against it? Are you familiar with the power that the Speaker holds and why? Any examples as to why this situation has arisen? Besides being an ATS version of Before it's News, do you have anything at all to say?

Just wondering….

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Ultralight
…and that's about the nicest thing anyone has ever said about sun-baked Boehner….

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   

I support getting rid of him. All he has done is make money, talk big and do nothing. He can come back here to his home state and see how well he fits in with the good folks he claims to represent. I cant stand Obama, but I like this guy less, as at least Obama wears his opinions, Boehner is a fake and a liar, living off the back of the country...he needs to go back to bartending like his father and hear the woeful stories of the people he has helped to destroy.

He is one of the biggest career politicians like Mitch, Pelosi, etc...that need to go far far away

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Meadows is still throwing a tantrum over gay marriage. Funny, when the SCOTUS unilaterally acted to stop the count in Bush V Gore, nobody on the Right ranted about the SCOTUS overstepping. But now that gays can marry?

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   

edit on 28-7-2015 by BlueJacket because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

The correct one. The man seeking to unseat Boehner is Meadows... and this is Meadows anger over the SCOTUS decision.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Not going to happen. You can file any lawsuit how crazy it is if you got the dough

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   
he should have never been put back into that position in the first place...

I remember for weeks Beck was on about this , and everyones DUMBFOUNDED how the hell he did, when the people clearly were yelling NO MORE BOHNER........(that sounds hilarious doesnt it?)

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   

...the GOP leadership is "not listening to the American people." Rep. W. Jones, R-N.C.

They ran on the promise that, given the opportunity, a Republican led Congress would be reflective of the voice of Americans. It may be a new cast, but it's the same script. The disconnect from the people speaks volumes of the arrogant and out of touch lawmakers.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Over the last few weeks we have seen the GOP slowly imploding. There is too much infighting between the several factions and this debacle will become the poster child of what not to do when you have majorities in congress.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide

Meadows is still throwing a tantrum over gay marriage. Funny, when the SCOTUS unilaterally acted to stop the count in Bush V Gore, nobody on the Right ranted about the SCOTUS overstepping. But now that gays can marry?

Its not just that Im pro gay marriage if thats what you want....

The point is that Bohner isnt conservative in any aspect......

The guy has NOT spoken for the conservative base one IOTA, and he caves to EVERYTHING hes Jeb Bush

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Come on over I've got popcorn popping.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   

This was Boehner when he heard the news. . . .

OOOPS!

Apologies, my bad. (wrong picture)

Here's the picture of Boehner!

link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Personally I'd be happy if anyone in Washington served the majority of their constituency period - while keeping partisan and all other secondary interests in perspective.

link   

Great!!! now lets get get rid of the other Republican imposters?

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   

thats the correct point. He is not a conservitive

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
Over the last few weeks we have seen the GOP slowly imploding. There is too much infighting between the several factions and this debacle will become the poster child of what not to do when you have majorities in congress.

Past few weeks?

Theyve BEEN imploding bud, the true conservative base is tired of the Republicans who are suppose to be conservatives, not representing our interests......

GOP is almost chock a block full of progressives as the Democratic party

I for one would be happy to see it go
edit on 7/28/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide

Personally I'd be happy if anyone in Washington served the majority of their constituency period - while keeping partisan and all other secondary interests in perspective.

I agree, this is why im pro Bernie Sanders, I dont agree with him on a lot of things, and would never vote for him but at least he stands on his principles and the principles of his constituency........

if we had people on both sides of the Isle like this maybe we could have some real elections and some meaningful changes in this country
edit on 7/28/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join