It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The little country that DID. 2015 Pan Am Games.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Well they are over. Canada hosted and damn if we didn't do well(2nd):

results.toronto2015.org...

Not bad for a country of 37 million. Now if you throw winter sports in there......

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Go Canada !!!

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
Well they are over. Canada hosted and damn if we didn't do well(2nd):

results.toronto2015.org...

Not bad for a country of 37 million. Now if you throw winter sports in there......

Yeah, rah rah, slap me, I'm cheering. How much money did we lose? Toronto has the worst traffic in North America, how many millions of drivers did it piss off and how many millions of man hours as well as gasoline was burned in waiting around in excessive traffic? And now the Toronto idiot mayor is talking about bidding on the Olympics. It never ceases to amaze how stupid politicians can actually get or how low they can actually sink.

Medals for sports, pffft.

BTW, Canada is not a country, it's an ef'ing colony. Look it up. Certainly, Toronto is not a country of 37 million either, Last time I checked it was a city of about 4 million in the GTA.

Cheers - Dave

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

Now that's i call a party pooper

Well done Canada. .. big sports tornaments are great things to unify a nation temporarily with a good patriotic feeling..

edit on 28/7/15 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I would have been happier if they put the money and resources to better use. Sports distractions of epic proportions frustrate me.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Misterlondon

Sports are a distraction, to keep you divided (like everything else) and stop you from looking at what our scumbag politicians are doing to screw us even further.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Hate your gov't. Hate the French if you want, don't say it here or you ass will get kicked. Say the same about the West and ditto. Hate Toronto. Most do. I hate it as well. But have some frickin pride in being Canadian and hosting the world(well the West part). Getting the nod in the first place says something good about the country.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Hate your gov't. Hate the French if you want, don't say it here or you ass will get kicked. Say the same about the West and ditto. Hate Toronto. Most do. I hate it as well. But have some frickin pride in being Canadian and hosting the world(well the West part). Getting the nod in the first place says something good about the country.

I don't know as I hate anything. Hate is a very strong word. Dislike the stupidity, well yeah, duh. See the waste of good money chasing after bad in the corporate sports welfare system, well yeah, duh. I thought this was about denying ignorance rather than promoting it?

And have some pride in the illusion of Canada lol. I had a CSIS idiot agent ask me to hand over 17 moles after I had left Canada, left because I was burned for $800,000 under government research programs and then on my way back from overseas 4 years later was given up by the Canadian admin consul because there was contract out on me. And then, 7 years after that I was the whistle blower in a $150 million tax and public funds fraud involving a government minister and a university.

You want to have pride, feel free, ignorance is bliss.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Thank you for sharing that diatribe. Being Canadian I assume you know the word. If you have nothing positive to contribute why are you in this thread? To beak about your PERSONAL crap. Guess what Charlie. There are another 37 million Canadians out there. "Bobs_uruhncle"? I don't think you understand the term. Can we get on with this now?

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Thank you for sharing that diatribe. Being Canadian I assume you know the word. If you have nothing positive to contribute why are you in this thread? To beak about your PERSONAL crap. Guess what Charlie. There are another 37 million Canadians out there. "Bobs_uruhncle"? I don't think you understand the term. Can we get on with this now?

You brought up pride in canadakastan bubbah. I am simply justifying why I have none. Remember, deny ignorance.

Great, we got some medals and taxpayers are probably on the hook for millions in losses. That's looking at the reality of the situation, the waste. If that is not a valid concern, I have to wonder what reality you are living in, or anyone else for that matter.

ETA: And by the way, my " personal" crap, the one where I tried to prevent the theft of just five measly dollars from every man, woman and child in Canada, isn't personal. It is something that effected everyone and I tried to stop it. Politicians here are just as corrupt as everywhere else, but that doesn't make it right.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 7/28.2015 by bobs_uruncle because: ETA

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

You brought up pride in canadakastan bubbah. I am simply justifying why I have none.

And you've done it well. Want a star now if you will leave the rest of us that actually care about this to continue?

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

You brought up pride in canadakastan bubbah. I am simply justifying why I have none.

And you've done it well. Want a star now if you will leave the rest of us that actually care about this to continue?

Yeah.........he's really putting a damper on this huge in-depth, wide ranging discussion that's going on here.

Some people just aren't into patriotic masturbation.

Also, this is ATS, not ESPN. So get a grip and don't be surprised when people on here crap on what is essentially a massive distraction/debt racketeering, disguised as athletic achievement.

Take note of the sites motto: Deny Ignorance!

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Sparkymedic

This is BTS. The forum is World Sports. I would think that if one could contribute SO off topic that one would also be able discern something so basic.

top topics

join