It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What movie is this?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Hello, movie lovers and experts! I remember a movie from the mid to late 90s or maybe early 2000's where everything turns out to be fake. It features these two teens who find out that everything they see is being projected by a computer or something. It projects a world that looks normal but in reality everything is trashed and in ruins like there was a war. A square on the wall could be labeled TV in "real life" but people would see an actual TV. The same goes for different appliances or whatever. Does this ring any bells with anyone? I've been busting my brains for a while trying to recall the title but I'm at a loss. Before anyone asks, I don't know who stars in it. Sorry.

ETA: I might not be able to answer posts right away. I have to go help with something in a little while but will be back later. So, please be patient and don't get too mad at me for not responding right away.
edit on 28-7-2015 by Skid Mark because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   
If no one can help, here is a site where you type in what you typed in here and you might get lucky and someone will respond.

irememberthismovie.com...

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: baddmove

Thanks. I'll check it out. It looks like a cool site.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I dont think this is the movie that you are talking about, but it reminded me of "They Live". Rowdy Roddy Piper's Oscar worthy performance, in it he stumbles upon a small group of rebels fighting Aliens that are trying to control humanity with subliminal messaging. He uses special sunglasses that the rebels gave him to see the subliminal messages and the actual Aliens, kind of a cool movie I thought but haven't seen it in a decade of longer.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: smitastrophe
That's not it. It is a very good movie though. The movie I was thinking of took place in the suburbs. When the kids stop seeing the projected image it showed the landscape as post apocalyptic or something like that.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Have a look through this Site, it lists a lot of films with the premise of a false reality.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: TheMadTitan

I saw a lot of good ones listed but none of them was it. Thanks any way.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   

No probs. You've piqued my interest though. I also now need to know what it's called.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Seems like some similarity to the movie by Disney named "A Wrinkle in TIme" which was based upon a novel by Madeleine L'Engle which I really loved when I was a kid….

Not exact however one portion of the movie is similar to your described scene.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Darkdrive

Seems similar, do you remember how the story panned out?

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: notmyrealname

I've seen A Wrinkle in Time. Good movie. That wasn't it though.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: TheMadTitan

That's not it either; although, it sounds really good.
If I remember correctly there is a renegade group trying to bring it all down. I think they succeeded but I can't recall. I think that this was made before The Matrix, too.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Sounds like Virtual Nightmare

"Dale Hunter, a junior advertising executive on the fast track, begins to experience visions that the bucolic reality he lives in is a monumental scam. Seeking help from the local librarian, Wendy, a self-professed misfit, the two discover that the world they think they inhabit is actually a projection of a machine, the Direct Broadcast Virtual Reality. Designed to keep the populace happy and peaceful after a purported nuclear and chemical holocaust has decimated the Earth, the pair confront Andrew Blake, who controls the machine. When Dale and Wendy attempt to destroy the DBVR and restore the world to its natural state, they make an astounding and terrifying discovery."

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   

That kind of reminds me of The Thirteenth Floor in ways.

Do any of these films ring a bell?

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Clashwithreality

That actually sounds like it. I don't remember the guy being a businessman or having a car crash but then it's been a long time. Thanks!

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

It wasn't any of those. Thanks anyway because you just gave me a list of some very, very interesting movies that I'm going to dig for.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Good news... Virtual Nightmare is on YouTube and it`s even got HD1020 and 740 as well.a reply to: Skid Mark

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: FluffChop

I saw that. Thanks.
I like your name, by the way. For some reason it makes me laugh. Fluffchop. That's funny.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Clashwithreality

I just watched the movie. It's very similar to the one I saw. Maybe it is it and it's been so long that I'm getting a couple of movies mixed together and the Virtual Nightmare is actually it. I don't know. It's a great movie though. Thanks.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   

top topics

<<   2 >>

join