It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Receiving death threats, officials release new Sandra Bland jail video

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   

“We are providing the video to show that Sandra Bland was alive and well in the Waller County Jail up to Monday morning,” Waller County Judge Trey Duhon told reporters at an afternoon news conference in Hempstead, Texas.

“Not only was she alive and well through the whole process, there's nothing on the videos that shows that she was mistreated at the jail in any way, shape or form,” he said.

Duhon said he was releasing the hours of video to rebut accusations, especially on social media, that Bland had been harmed while being held. Such suspicions have also led to death threats, he said.

“We have received death threats against Waller County officials. We have received threats to our facility,” Duhon said.

Receiving death threats, officials release new Sandra Bland jail video

Over the last week or so there have been hundreds of people on ATS alone saying that they were sure she had been killed, and coming up with crazy conspiracy theories. Now I love a good conspiracy theory as much as anybody else, but I was sickened to see so many ATS regulars who I respect jumping to these conclusions. What happened to waiting for the evidence? This video shows her taking the mugshot that the majority of you were so convinced was staged after she had died.

Now look at what happened as a result. Death threats, cyber attacks, and for what? Obviously you guys aren't personally responsible, but this ignorant herd behavior needs to stop.

I thought ATS was all about denying ignorance?

I won't name any names, but the people all over ATS and social media saying she was murdered and that they staged her suicide should be ashamed.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I don't always believe the results of these long investigations. That being said, if this county took lives more seriously they wouldn't have such a bad reputation.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Danke

Nice vid, but I'll play the advocate and say that I really can't tell if it is her or not, no close ups. That could be anyone, not hard to find someone that would look almost the same as her. Just my thought though.
edit on 28-7-2015 by RealTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-7-2015 by RealTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Iamthatbish

That's fine if you don't trust long investigations, but there wasn't even a chance to start an investigation in this case before people were jumping to conclusions.

Social media herd behavior is a growing concern of mine, and could become increasingly dangerous in the future.

Man as an individual is a genius. But men in the mass form the headless monster, a great, brutish idiot that goes where prodded. - Charlie Chaplin

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I never said one way or the other if she was killed or if it was suicide. Kinda watched this from a distance.

But from the link in the OP:

“We have received death threats against Waller County officials. We have received threats to our facility,” Duhon said. The threats are “based on the notion that Sandra Bland was deceased before she was brought in. Because of some of the things going out on social media, we have been attacked. We are under cyberattack."

Cyberattack?? or just attack via the web/social media??

I doubt the Waller County facility is under cyberattack. Perhaps a bit of dramatization by Waller County Judge Trey Duhon.

I was going to comment on Bland's demeanor and emotions seen in the short video from the OPs link but I think I'll resume watching this from a distance.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Social media has its ups and downs.

Think of it this way, Social Media for this attention before everyone involved lawyerd up and practiced their attorney approved version of what happened.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: six67seven

I would consider death threats more serious than cyber attacks in this case, but I don't see any reason to doubt a cyber attack.

A cyber attack in my opinion would almost be expected, and I would be more surprised if they hadn't been attacked digitally.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   
If you mean people trying to get unedited version of the video that was just released I agree. That must have been the first response for some people. The problem I have is simple. I don't care about all the moments she was fine. I care about the one moment the camera seems to have blinked and she's now dead.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: RealTruthSeeker

Nice vid, but I'll play the advocate and say that I really can't tell if it is her or not, no close ups. That could be anyone, not hard to find someone that would look almost the same as her. Just my thought though.

I watched the video and there are enough screenshots of her face to make a conclusive determination. Just from a quick purview I'd say it's her, if it's something anyone needs conclusive proof of hire a professional analyst for the video. I don't see how or why they'd release this if it wasn't actually her.

Now maybe people can focus on what maters, was it a lawful arrest. It was obviously painful enough of an experience for her to end her life. A long time member turned moderator once shared a lesson his officer father shared with him. (Paraphrasing) "As an officer you must realize that any and every interaction you have with a civilian can alter that persons life dramatically."

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Releasing an unedited version of this latest video would be days worth of footage. Releasing that to the public makes no sense, wanting the entire version is understandable though, and yes that is what I was referring to in regards to the cyber attacks. Not just this latest video, but also the arrest footage would be highly sought after.

There isn't any evidence or answer that will make people happy in this case, but the main point of this thread was focusing on the debunking of the "post mortem" picture theories.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   
This is where I lose faith in anything officially released, "days worth of footage... what happened to this woman is unknown ". I don't feel the details of what happened are as important at this point as where this went wrong while she was in custody. If this is pinpointed maybe it can stop another from losing their life.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Why do you think anything had to have gone wrong? She had 30 healing cuts on her wrists indicating that around 2 weeks ago she went to town on herself. I dated a girl in high school that had drug issues and cut her wrists a few times. She was a great person, but very very unstable. A happy and stable person doesn't cut themselves 30 times...and she had a history of attempted suicide. She also had a lot of pot in her system, so she was obviously an avid smoker. Going 3 days without smoking wouldn't have helped at all with her mental state.

So given all of that, why is it hard to believe that she killed herself?

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   
So now our officials are giving in to terrorism?

Wtf is going on with this country?

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Well for starters the video doesn't prove anything.

It wouldn't be hard to find a black women with short hair, put her into the same clothes then parade her around.

This video doesn't show anything of her cell, her in the cell, her being found dead etc.

The fact that the video specifically states the peoples suspicions about her being deceased in the mugshot is odd. Normally if things are so far from the truth they wont bother responding to it.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   
But why does it take threats for government officials to release information? If we trusted the police, we wouldn't have these issues anyway.

In this day and age, the only way our local and federal government will give us any real information is if they are threatened with something. That's pretty sad.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate

Now maybe people can focus on what maters, was it a lawful arrest.

Bingo. The police are releasing this video to obfuscate and buy time. The police lawyers are working overtime trying to do the math on how much they need to offer her family for dragging her into jail which ultimately led to her death - all for failing to signal a turn.

No matter how you slice this, the cops lose.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Really? Wow...so they found a random black chick who just happens to look exactly like her that is willing to be a part of this conspiracy?

That makes more sense to you than her killing herself? She had attempted suicide in the past. She had just recently cut herself 30 times on her wrists. Somebody who is stable doesn't do that.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Danke

Why do you think anything had to have gone wrong? She had 30 healing cuts on her wrists indicating that around 2 weeks ago she went to town on herself. I dated a girl in high school that had drug issues and cut her wrists a few times. She was a great person, but very very unstable. A happy and stable person doesn't cut themselves 30 times...and she had a history of attempted suicide. She also had a lot of pot in her system, so she was obviously an avid smoker. Going 3 days without smoking wouldn't have helped at all with her mental state.

So given all of that, why is it hard to believe that she killed herself?

You need to do a bit of research. Almost a day doesn't go by when I don't see a girl or woman with healed cuts on her arm. A waitress, a Starbucks barista, some random woman on a bus.

Cutting is common and does not mean the person is suicidal.

Form this link.

www.bu.edu...

"...recent data indicate that 12 percent to 23 percent of adolescents have self-injured, and the behavior, which declines sharply with age, is more common among women—60 percent of those who self-injure are female. According to Mathilde Ross, a psychiatrist with Behavioral Medicine at BU Student Health Services, most cutters are not suicidal, and most outgrow the practice in their 20s."

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: JRCrowley

I never said cutting made her suicidal did I? I just added that onto the fact that she had already attempted suicide previously.

I already stated that I dated a girl who cut herself back in highschool. She was a GREAT person. I have known a few people that cut themselves. None of them cut themselves 30 times in a short time span though. That is definitely a sign that something is wrong.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   

No, what I am saying is, it wouldn't be hard to find a black women with short hair and put her into a dress.

If they are going to lengths of editing footage and lying to the camera then doing that is no big stretch.

I am not saying this is what happened, but this wouldn't be difficult to do.

as such this movie doesn't prove anything.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join