It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

L.A. Gangs’ Hashtag Bet: Kill 100 People in 100 Days

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   
This wouldn't reflect most gang thinking.
Primarily they are a business model run to distribute drugs for the Cartels,
killing randomly is not a business proposition so what would be the motivation?
More likely a disinformation exercise by somebody with an agenda.
a reply to: IanFleming

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Where's the scrutiny ATS?

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: starswift
This wouldn't reflect most gang thinking.
Primarily they are a business model run to distribute drugs for the Cartels,
killing randomly is not a business proposition so what would be the motivation?
More likely a disinformation exercise by somebody with an agenda.

I can see that. Logically, they don't want to disrupt business and a random killing spree would do exactly that.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   
News (and social media) on this story from around the web:

LA Times

Washington Post

Twitter

New York Post

There's quite a few more, so it's starting to make the MSM....I hope it is just a hoax

edit on 28/7/15 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: starswift

I'd say most gang members are less of a threat than
who ever perpatrated this masterpiece. Sounds like
a renegade crock!

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

They know if they start killing people in droves the cops will come hard and their 'business' will go down and the money dry up. More police attention is the last thing they want.

The problem is , that even among stupid people there is always a dumber person to be found in the group that will step up to the challenge.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   
What does the LAPD get when they win the bet??

2nd

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   
It's real, it's just that many people on this forum do not live in the USA, live in privileged areas, or are from the South so they refuse to believe it.

There are numerous reports of shootings and killings in South LA within the last few days. Known gang members from the Rollin 100 gang have made comments about it. It's gang violence turned up a notch.

I'd recommend notifying your friends/family members in that area IF they haven't heard about it (which they most likely have)

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Or stop thinking that everything is a conspiracy? It's been shown time and time again that gangsters do not give a # about who they kill. This isn't new.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   

I wonder how many people from that site actually are pursued? The things you can see on there...

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: alienmma

Let the record show I made no use of the term conspiracy.
In fact let it also show that because I didn't just read this
story with out being skeptical. I was immediately associated
and for all intents and purposes, labeled.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   

edit on 28-7-2015 by Eye4NeyE because: Meh...

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   

My son called me earlier to discuss the topic, and what he was following on Reddit:
www.reddit.com...

I don't know the validity, or if it's another rumor similar to a few gangs response to police brutality:
www.thedailybeast.com...

L.A. LE has so many contacts in the gangworld, and we would see a massive response by them if they put credence in these reports. IMO it's just a rumor, urban myth-to-be.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: 5thNovember

I wonder how many people from that site actually are pursued? The things you can see on there...

I don't know, honestly.

Like the name,BTW. Beware Parliment!

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals

originally posted by: xuenchen
The U.N. needs to restore the Colosseum in Rome.

Get all the gangs in one place at the same time !!

New resurgence of Bread & Circuses.

Take away the guns and let them duke it out with lawnmower blades.
Carl style!
"I don't reckon I got no reason to kill you, uh huh."

Lions and Swords !!!

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Black lives matter baby

...and "racism" prevails when a cop kills one of these animals.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Absolutely.
They might hit you upside the head for a buck or two, though.
The majority of crime in America is done in banks and mass murder for oil is the order of the day.
Thugs are more exiting, though.
a reply to: randyvs

edit on 28-7-2015 by starswift because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Down in old Mexico, on the other hand, mass killings are the order of the day and the Cartels run the military and police often enough. Guns supplied by US gun manufacturers to the Cartels who ship AR15 and Bushmasters wholesale.
The whole NRA thing is just so the profits can keep rolling in.
The Rubification of Amerika.

edit on 28-7-2015 by starswift because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   

This is most likely fake or greatly exaggerated. There are always double agents, snitches & agent provocateurs who make a living by reporting false or sensationalized info on their targets (as in, the juicier the info, the more they get paid). The only way to know for sure is to wait a few days or weeks & check to see if anything happened.

Also, this begs the question--is this a credible issue or is it another one of those urban myths, like gang members must kill a random motorist to qualify for membership?

All gangs are different, but this is a ridiculous myth for most gangs. Most gangs are just small groups of youth in a neighborhood that are loosely affiliated with a larger branch or larger organization. To join them, it's usually small things like getting "beat in", where you prove how tough you are by fighting a group of them at once (who wants a weakling in their gang?). Or being allowed in purely off of your reputation or connections (that's the offer many groups offered me). Females would usually get similar choices to get into female gangs, or "sleep in" to become protected & accepted members of male-dominated gangs (you can probably guess what that means).

But things can get a lot more serious for the larger, organized crime-type of "gangs"/rings. Robbery, car theft, keeping a stash of a chosen substance in a safe place on your property, or participation in other crimes was used as initiations (among other things). Mostly because now that you had dirt on your hands, you wouldn't be so willing to cross them (and they could use it to destroy you, if need be).

The only time I've heard any legit story about murder being part of an initiation was with murder squads & black op affiliated groups. The "murder squads" are usually affiliated with cartels and real organized crime. They've usually got connections to really important people & the supposed murders were things you'd never see reported as "gang" related. I stayed as far away from those types as possible. Sometimes those initiations were just setups against the new recruit. When I was in Mexico, I heard of them literally taking out contracts for a few thousand pesos (it was roughly 10 pesos per USD when I was there).

<< 1    3 >>

join