It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

L.A. Gangs’ Hashtag Bet: Kill 100 People in 100 Days

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   
"Under the hashtag #100Days100Nights, users on Instagram and Twitter are issuing a stark warning: two Los Angeles gangs are betting which one can kill 100 people—in a gang, or innocent—within the next 100 days.

A law enforcement source confirmed the reports exclusively to The Daily Beast on Monday night.

The bet—which follows the death of “KP,” a member of the Rollin 100 gang—was allegedly made last week.

Gang members say it will remain “on” for 100 days"

Daily beast

You know what if it could just be restricted to gang members only I could find it in my heart to look the other way (no, not really--that sounds too harsh), however it sounds like a lot of innocent people are going to caught up in the crossfire.

Also, this begs the question--is this a credible issue or is it another one of those urban myths, like gang members must kill a random motorist to qualify for membership?
edit on 28-7-2015 by IanFleming because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: IanFleming

These days? God alone knows, I'd guess.

Wouldn't surprise either way.

The people that invented social media have much to answer for...

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Look at it this way, if it were true, as the body count started to rise, so would the police response to it. I don't see there being any way that a gang could get away with this challenge without being completely arrested first.

Though we ARE talking about a presumed hashtag challenge reported on by the media, and if there is anything the media LOVES to over sensationalize, it's hashtag challenges. It's free outrage which results in easy clicks.
edit on 28-7-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Announcementss like that are mostly hot air.

They know if they start killing people in droves the cops will come hard and their 'business' will go down and the money dry up. More police attention is the last thing they want.

Real killers don't threaten, they just do it. Whomever the guy that killed their homeboy? He's done anyway.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Probably the FBI.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Thanks I live right next to LA guess Ill be keeping an eye out.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

You may be giving some screwed people in a gang credit for brains.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   
if ever there was a time for cops to get nosy and invasive, this is it. track down those accounts and investigate their owners.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm
I bet Twitter has already been given the paper work.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I guess one could see credence to the story, given the popularity of the "world star" videos. OTOH,even they are not that dumb, are they?

I would imagine that, if true, it would be more a matter of posturing than an actual concerted effort to make an even larger body count than they already do.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   
The U.N. needs to restore the Colosseum in Rome.

Get all the gangs in one place at the same time !!

New resurgence of Bread & Circuses.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Even if it is true, they will never find these guys or be able to stop them. They would have to shut down the whole city in order to stop the madness and that's not likely. Gang members are smarter than what people give them credit for when it comes to murder.

I think it's BS though, real gang members would never put their business in the streets like that, they would just do it and the other side would do the same.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: IanFleming
"Under the hashtag #100Days100Nights, users on Instagram and Twitter are issuing a stark warning: two Los Angeles gangs are betting which one can kill 100 people—in a gang, or innocent—within the next 100 days.

A law enforcement source confirmed the reports exclusively to The Daily Beast on Monday night.

The bet—which follows the death of “KP,” a member of the Rollin 100 gang—was allegedly made last week.

Gang members say it will remain “on” for 100 days"

Daily beast

You know what if it could just be restricted to gang members only I could find it in my heart to look the other way (no, not really--that sounds too harsh), however it sounds like a lot of innocent people are going to caught up in the crossfire.

Also, this begs the question--is this a credible issue or is it another one of those urban myths, like gang members must kill a random motorist to qualify for membership?

These are all fake stories. No different from when one kid does something stupid or dangerous and the media pretends it's the start of a trend or a hashtag challenge. It's the worst form of shock jock, click bait "journalism".

No different then the knock out game, slender man, jump off a cliff challenge and the list goes on and on....

Remember when bloods and crips were gonna unite to kill cops in ferguson? Never heard about it again...cause it was BS to drum up support for the police dept!

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   
These clubs aren't just based out of LA. And whoever made the hashtag needs to be shot in the foot.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Gangs tend to have business to take care of and know any killing in particular a civilian is bad for business. I call complete BS on this one.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eye4NeyE
These clubs aren't just based out of LA. And whoever made the hashtag needs to be shot in the foot.

It was prob some white teenager in his mothers house with zero athority to even make such a claim.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   
And some people STILL don't believe in the death penalty....

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
The U.N. needs to restore the Colosseum in Rome.

Get all the gangs in one place at the same time !!

New resurgence of Bread & Circuses.

Take away the guns and let them duke it out with lawnmower blades.
Carl style!
"I don't reckon I got no reason to kill you, uh huh."

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rubicon3
And some people STILL don't believe in the death penalty....

Ever since I heard that it is more expensive to use the death penalty than to get life in prison, my belief in the death penalty has been rather shaken.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   

So I did some checking around on this source. Apparently it traces back to a forum post on some random forum.
BREAKING: 100 Days 100 Night k!lling Spree Gang War In South Central LA

That was almost 2 days ago. I've also seen this reddit post on it as well. If I were to guess, I'd say that the Daily Beast is printing forum posts as news (again...). Then they have the GALL to put an "exclusive" tag at the top of the article. Lol ya right. Here's the google search for that hashtag:
www.google.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join