It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cincinnati preparing for riots after viewing bodycam footage of fatal UC traffic stop

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: horseplay

Yes, we had high hopes that the violence would wind down this year, but its only been worse than the previous year.

It is sad because there are people who will tell you the city is safe, and there is nothing to worry about.... but its slowly becoming not the case.

I'm from the east side of town so we don't see too much but working downtown I've learned where to hang out and where not to hang out.

Sadly I don't ever go downtown or to OTR or clifton after dark any more.... Honestly, I'm glad I'm not in my party hardy days, because Clifton was the place to be before people started waking up with guns to their heads, or walking to their car and getting busted up and robbed.

Hopefully positive changes are made.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Ok y'all, Ill be back on in an hour or so, my boss just told me to GTFOH before all hell breaks loose.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
a reply to: Shamrock6

The Enquirer is a tabloid, think "bat boy found at last" and a cheesy picture of a kid with prosthetic ears.

True, however the Cincinnati Enquirer is the mainstream newspaper of the region and has been so for generations. It is like the NY Times or the Boston Globe, etc.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: NerdGoddess

Stay safe matey

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: NerdGoddess
a reply to: horseplay

Yes, we had high hopes that the violence would wind down this year, but its only been worse than the previous year.

It is sad because there are people who will tell you the city is safe, and there is nothing to worry about.... but its slowly becoming not the case.

I'm from the east side of town so we don't see too much but working downtown I've learned where to hang out and where not to hang out.

Sadly I don't ever go downtown or to OTR or clifton after dark any more.... Honestly, I'm glad I'm not in my party hardy days, because Clifton was the place to be before people started waking up with guns to their heads, or walking to their car and getting busted up and robbed.

Hopefully positive changes are made.

Same thing happening all across the country.
The best possible and most effective positive change that can be made is for the Downtown employers to move out of Cincinnati altogether.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Ok y'all, Ill be back on in an hour or so, my boss just told me to GTFOH before all hell breaks loose.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Indicted for murder.

Maybe we can avoid a riot after all.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Indictment. Yeah. Wow. Guess the video was pretty clear cut and compelling.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   
From the look of that video, it's just another example of a power-tripping cop angry that someone is not submitting to his will.

It's also clear from the footage that the officer was lying, he was not attacked, his life was not threatened, he was not dragged, he was not almost run over...

This was clearly not a justified action and they are right to press for a murder conviction.
edit on 29-7-2015 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

They've released the video? I can't seem to find it.

Here's the announcement live anway...

Prosecutor says, "It's ridiculous tht this happened." and "Can you imagine the outrage if this was your kid or his brother?" and "...he pulled out his gun and intentionally shot him in the head."
edit on 7/29/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

Here's the announcement live anway...

Prosecutor says, "It's ridiculous tht this happened." and "Can you imagine the outrage if this was your kid or his brother?" and "...he pulled out his gun and intentionally shot him in the head."

They played most of it on the live feed that was linked earlier.
Prosecutor says that the officer had no reason to fear for his life. Basically called it an execution.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: IslandOfMisfitToys
a reply to: abe froman

Don't worry. A cop was recently filmed (by his partner) aiding a mentally ill woman cross the street.

So ALL IS GOOD.

Yep, sad that it is newsworthy when a cop does something that most people would consider normal human behavior. It seems that things have gotten so bad that people are shocked when cops choose not to abuse someone.
edit on 7/29/2015 by Sparky63 because: spelling

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

It's been shown live, in most part. They did turn away expecting sensitive imagery but I've just seen it again in full. From what I saw there was no doubt that the officer was at the drivers side window, the victim tries to exit the vehicle as instructed by the officer, the officer seems to prevent him from exiting the car and then shoots him.

This seems pretty cut and dry to me.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Ah...okay. I missed the first part of the live presser. Thanks.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   
From viewing the video, I believe that the officer was lying about being dragged by the vehicle.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I'm home. Mom got stuck though because after I left they decided no one else could even leave the building. Hopefully it's just an overreaction.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   

I don't know if it is too graphic to violate T&C but a quick youtube search can find you multiple postings of the video.

In my opinion, the cop ends up grabbing Dubose with one hand and reaching in with his pistol, places it against his head, and fires. Both hands of the driver are visible, the car is not moving, and there were no weapons in sight other than the cops gun.

Absolutely, clear cut murder in my opinion.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: NerdGoddess

Glad you got home safe. I hope your mom does too. Thanks for all of your updates!

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: SonOfThor

I don't know if it is too graphic to violate T&C but a quick youtube search can find you multiple postings of the video.

In my opinion, the cop ends up grabbing Dubose with one hand and reaching in with his pistol, places it against his head, and fires. Both hands of the driver are visible, the car is not moving, and there were no weapons in sight other than the cops gun.

Absolutely, clear cut murder in my opinion.

I can't say that I could tell if the gun was touching the victim's head, but I definitely agree that the car did not appear to be moving.
It looked like he executed the man to me.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join