It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Cecil" the Lion Hunted and Killed

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo
a reply to: Dragoon01

Hunting And trophy killing are two different things. I have nothing against hunting for good but this trophy thing ridiculous. And to touch on your comment about people living In the area crap. They aren't even allowed to bag their own food but let a rich spoiled white guy in there and suddenly it's ok. I'm white btw so save your comments.

Second 50 thousand years ago hunting was a necessity. Trying to clump that in as an argument only shows how desperate you are to defend your stance. Really? C'mon already. Duh. Moronic comment. Trophy hunting is a white man sport. It is not indigenous to Africa. Got any more? I'll shoot it all down

Oh p.s
Show me some facts refutting my comments about the lions that doesn't come from an Eco friendly tree hugging site. I'll shoot that down too.

Messed with the wrong debater

You are a legend in your own mind.
You have debated nothing and have shot down nothing. All you have done is provide some links to tree hugger sites.

Thats it. You throw out some race card nonsense like I care what race you are or that this has anything to do with the race of the hunter. You are trying to turn this into a race and class argument by calling this a "White mans Sport" Duh Moronic comment. In fact thats an entirely moronic line of comments from you.
You do know that the land owner where this lion was killed was black right? He must be just getting exploited by the rich white hunter right? Just stupid!

I said the natural order of things was that people have been and continue to hunt lions in that area for thousands of years and it was not for food. It was to keep them from eating their food. Just yesterday comments from local residents were posted on a number of news sites. They want to know why anyone is caring about this lion because lions are killed in Zimbabwe all the time.

You got nothing. Your just putting out your opinion like everyone else.

edit on 31-7-2015 by Dragoon01 because: add quote

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
my opinion is..never kill an animal that has a name, it it wont bode well.
if this had been an ordinary lion..it would have been a non story.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: autopat51

Let's refine that just a little bit. As long as it's not named like "Vlad the destroyer" or "Cecil the people eater".... Those ones are probably ok to shoot in the face lol

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

Cecil was shot in an area not assigned a lion quota. Supposedly the bait was set for a leopard and then Cecil came along. The professional hunter, Theo Bronkhorst told his client to shoot the lion, and then the hunt became illegal.
lionaid

OMG could that be FACTS.

I personally don't believe Palmer is guilty in this. I believe him when he says he paid for everything to be legal.

I just don't think he'd be that stupid after being caught once, a felony, and a fine.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Sorry, you're a bit backwards. You still haven't provided one sentence from a reputable source to backup your claims. It's you who is full of opinions.

You are trying to turn this into a race and class argument by calling this a "White mans Sport"

It is a white man's sport. Get over it

You do know that the land owner where this lion was killed was black right?

Think you've finally made a point? Wrong. Just because this particular landowner is black doesn't mean you have some kind of stellar statistic. Here's a statistic:

Under colonialism and apartheid, the ruling white minority stole vast amounts of land from black Africans in Zimbabwe and South Africa. Reclaiming this land became an important rallying cry for liberation movements in both countries; but in the years after white minority rule ended, it was extremely difficult for the new regimes to redistribute the land fairly and efficiently. In recent years, as the unaddressed land inequality in Zimbabwe became a pretext for President Robert Mugabe's demagoguery and led to Zimbabwe's demise, many observers have asked: Could South Africa be next?

When Nelson Mandela took power in South Africa in 1994, 87 percent of the country's land was owned by whites, even though they represented less than ten percent of the population. Advised by the World Bank, the ruling African National Congress (ANC) aimed to redistribute 30 percent of the land from whites to blacks in the first five years of the new democracy. By 2010 -- 16 years later -- only eight percent had been reallocated.

In failing to redistribute this land, the ANC has undermined a crucial aspect of the negotiated settlement to end apartheid, otherwise known as the liberation bargain. According to Section 25 of the new South African constitution, promulgated in 1994, existing property owners (who were primarily white) would receive valid legal title to property acquired under prior regimes, despite the potentially dubious circumstances of its acquisition. In exchange, blacks (in South Africa, considered to include people of mixed racial descent and Indians) were promised land reform. But the new government upheld only one side of the liberation bargain: South African whites kept their property, but blacks still have not received theirs. Political apartheid may have ended, but economic apartheid lives on.

www.foreignaffairs.com...

I said the natural order of things was that people have been and continue to hunt lions in that area for thousands of years and it was not for food.

Thousands of years ago there wasn't poaching and trophy hunting. Grab a brain will ya.
Again, I ask, show me some evidence that trophy hunting does any good. I've got other "non tree hugging" material to pick from at anytime. Your turn to say something stupid again. Go.

edit on 31-7-2015 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

OMG could that be FACTS.

Yup!!!

Just one of things that turned up when I did a little reading on the matter.

I personally don't believe Palmer is guilty in this. I believe him when he says he paid for everything to be legal.

I just don't think he'd be that stupid after being caught once, a felony, and a fine.

That seems to be what the guide owner has confirmed as well. Here is an article with Theo Bronkhorst's statements. Sensational Headline

BTW 35k was for one hunt and the rest was for remaining hunts, but it looks like they didn't find a suitable target. I think a lot of the money went to travel between countries.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Cecil you will be missed by humans, by your lionesses, and by your cubs.

Anybody else see a movie being made out of this, Disney style ?
edit on 31-7-2015 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   

I said the natural order of things was that people have been and continue to hunt lions in that area for thousands of years and it was not for food. It was to keep them from eating their food. Just yesterday comments from local residents were posted on a number of news sites. They want to know why anyone is caring about this lion because lions are killed in Zimbabwe all the time.

Are you a moron or something????????????? and that too of evil category!!!!!!!!!!

Lions, Rhinos, and other species are much endangered pretty much around the world. So much so, that conservationist have to mate the siblings in order to create a pup, all the while knowing that genetically that is a unhealthy practice. White Bengal Lions have squint eyes because "close" genetic mating and also have issues with temperament. Due to poaching and destruction of their natural habitats, only 40 White Lions were left in the world at one time.

I much hope that this EVIL Dr. Palmer is sent to Zimbabwe and rots in the third world jail for 15 years. The two other locals who helped him in the "EVIL" deed should be given similar sentences. All 3 need to be thrown into hard hard hard labor and proceeds of which go to the animal welfare and conservation.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: victor7
Due to poaching and destruction of their natural habitats, only 40 White Lions were left in the world at one time.

Exactly! Illegal hunting and destruction of natural habitat. Destruction of habitat probably #1.

Not LEGAL hunting which Dr. Palmer paid for.

Do you think Conservation survives on emotion? It doesn't. It needs money. And science. And paid dedicated people.

Governments need to do more in tightening up regulations and stop corruption.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Do you think Conservation survives on emotion? It doesn't. It needs money. And science.

And paid dedicated people. Governments need to do more in tightening up regulations and stop corruption.

This Evil Doctor lured the animal out of the conservation and then killed him. That's illegal.

It is the western governments which have put decades long sanctions on Zimbabwe which have impoverished the people and they get lured into accepting bribes to bring food for their families.

The EVIL lives with the Western policies. First they throw third world into predicament and then blame them for being corrupt and lawless.

The EVIL lives with the Abrahamic religions and its philosophy. Christianity, Islam, Judaism all conduct preying of animals and human beings to fulfill their EGOIST agendas based on hatred, dislike and lack of knowledge.

Murderers of 100s of millions and killers and poachers of animals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's see how much morality does US government show in extradition of this EVIL dr. palmer.

Quit blaming the third world for problems, the origin of the most of which is coming from your Western institutions.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33
Cecil you will be missed by humans, by your lionesses, and by your cubs.

Anybody else see a movie being made out of this, Disney style ?

Thanks Pal!! Most Beautiful picture of God's nature and its children.

*****10 STARS*****

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   
No worries about Cecil's brother killing the cubs because another poacher just killed him.
www.dailymail.co.uk...

I'm sure whoever did the killing feels very "alpha" about it.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Do you think Conservation survives on emotion? It doesn't. It needs money. And science.

And paid dedicated people. Governments need to do more in tightening up regulations and stop corruption.

This Evil Doctor lured the animal out of the conservation and then killed him. That's illegal.

Those are not the facts.

Emotions solve nothing. If anything they make things worse.

Unless, emotions are used for a catalyst to change things by acting with intelligence, knowledge, a real plan, and making tough decisions for the best solution.

In this world that requires money. A lot of money.

I live in the real world.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Mugabe calls for extradition of the dentist for killing the lion; however, he has no problem when throwing lavish parties where elephant is on the menu or receiving lions and alligators as trophies.

Source

Musasa originally planned to donate a wild buffalo or two, to be slaughtered for the feast. However, recent rains made it difficult to find any, so he donated five live impala to breed in the president’s game reserve. The lion, which he recently hand-picked, and a crocodile are to be stuffed as trophies, not eaten.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: victor7

No, that isn't illegal there.

Do you know what would be great though? It would be great if people put some pressure on the governments of those countries to change the laws to make such things illegal.

I have pretty much given up hope for anything meaningful to come out of this because 99% of the people screaming about it are too ignorant even willfully ignorant in some cases about the issue.

Let's see how much morality does US government show in extradition of this EVIL dr. palmer.

The government of Zimbabwe will first need to ask for an extradition warrant. That hasn't happened yet, but an environment minister Oppah Muchinguri is asking the government there for it so lets see if that happens.

Quit blaming the third world for problems, the origin of the most of which is coming from your Western institutions.

Right, don't blame the countries for the laws they make. It is so much easier to blame Americans.

Meanwhile, in Africa another lion is being lured by another safari group so another hunter can kill it which probably has a collar as well, and that is all perfectly legal there.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

This animal hunting is similar to those who take trips to Thailand, Eastern Europe, Brazil to have sex with children.

It is going to take only one vigilante group formed from the special forces "assasins" who will kill these predators of children and animals. Once half a dozen such "clean" neutralizations have taken place, no EVIL predator will go overseas to bring trophies and crowns to their EGOIST names. Only visitors would be sight seeing safari tourists taking snap shots of Lions, Rhinos, Giraffes at play or resting peacefully in the tree shade.

Do not wait for the governments to change laws. That takes years and involves lots of EVIL intentions and lobbies.

These vigilante spec ops should come real handy to "fast track" the welfare of children and animals.

Only hunting allowed should be based on "non lethal" technology where by the person gets the recognition of having hit the animal via some "rubber bullet or non lethal not injuring non hurting" projectile and can come back home with his certificates and photos to boast and stroke his EGO in front of similar minded admirers.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Is that right? wonder Clinton heard your logic and intervened in Rwanda only after 2 million were killed in the civil war.

Or he was too busy during that time...........bombing Serbia with lots of emotions.

Emotions solve nothing? but I guess "basic minimum human moral approach" solves a lot of nonsense and evilness around the world.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Is that right? wonder Clinton heard your logic and intervened in Rwanda only after 2 million were killed in the civil war.

Try to stay on topic.

Transferring just muddles the "water".

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: victor7

You, seem like an EVIL person to me.

You want to form vigilante, assassin groups to hunt down people who legally hunt.

Because YOU deem them as EVIL.

Funny thing about death lists the people making them sometimes wind up on them.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   
How about your own backyard? Do you care about that? Were you even aware?

Earlier this week, biologists working in the Santa Monica Mountains National Recreation Area in Los Angeles got to play with a pair of absolutely adorable blue-eyed bobcat babies. Well, they weren't playing with them exactly; they were affixing them with small ear tags so that researchers will be able to continue to identify them as they grow up. It's all part of a study that's been on-going for nearly 20 years, which looks at the ways in which carnivores like bobcats (Lynx rufus) are affected by urban development. Los Angeles, after all, is one of the most heavily urbanised cities on the planet.

www.earthtouchnews.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join