It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Cecil" the Lion Hunted and Killed

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 03:49 AM
link   
a reply to: BobaFettish

As I hunter

I believe that if you disrespect the land and animals, eventually you will come across an ambush and get killed

I will go out of my way not to kill an animal if I don't need the meat

I hate trophy hunters

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 05:51 AM
link   
The guy has form and needs prosecuting. Under local law (Zimbabwe), that means up to 15 years in jail (not fun, especially in Zimbabwe as a white man).

Whilst his act was deplorable, PETA should also be prosecuted. Fancy calling for him to be hung. Some of these animal rights activists really need professional help.

The way to really hurt him (if you so choose) is to boycott his business. His successful dentist pracise has allowed him to go on the jaunts for silly money. If his business folds through lack of customers, no more hunting jaunts.

Personally though, i think that would also hurt his family, who are innocent whatever their dad happened to do. Prosecute and make him pay through legal recourse.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 06:33 AM
link   
All I can say is what a # a complete class A # of epic proportions.

And it had to be a American.....

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
[

Knee Jerk reactions = ignorance

Yeah......

If you had not been so quick to jump to this POS defense you would read this bastard LURED the lion from a protected reservation and illegally killed the lion!

But RAR RAR RAR GUNZ!!!! USA! USA! USA!
edit on 29-7-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flavian
The guy has form and needs prosecuting. Under local law (Zimbabwe), that means up to 15 years in jail (not fun, especially in Zimbabwe as a white man).

Whilst his act was deplorable, PETA should also be prosecuted. Fancy calling for him to be hung. Some of these animal rights activists really need professional help.

The way to really hurt him (if you so choose) is to boycott his business. His successful dentist pracise has allowed him to go on the jaunts for silly money. If his business folds through lack of customers, no more hunting jaunts.

Personally though, i think that would also hurt his family, who are innocent whatever their dad happened to do. Prosecute and make him pay through legal recourse.

...because having half a brain, being willing to spend $50.000 for the pleasure of killing an animal...and now, 'under local law' risking a potential 15 years, And, $50.000+...is NOT going to 'hurt' his family?

...dude didn't get owned...he 'owned' himself, put his own family and business at risk...FOR THE PLEASURE OF KILLING AN ANIMAL...he got found out, and his family and he, will incur the consequences of his own actions...no-one responding on this board, news outlet, PETA included, had any hand in making the decisions that he made to put his family and business at risk...none of it would be happening without him making those decisions, the results working their way into the media...famously, illegal activity is only regretted after the event, usually because that is when the consequences (which under all measures of intelligence, the probability of more intelligent decisions are apparent) appear in the timeline of decision-action-consequence...

To infer that anybody else is responsible, is fairly scurrilous.

Hopefully, being an individual prepared to pay for the 'holiday of a lifetime' (pretty much like 'in the ken, drug mules') he has a bank account able to pay for the divorce proceedings and ongoing payments for his wife and children, when he is removed from circulation for 15 years...

...ALL his decision...ALL his responsibility...

Å99
edit on 29-7-2015 by akushla99 because: Ed it

edit on 29-7-2015 by akushla99 because: Same

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 06:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: starfoxxx

Should this guy be prevented from doing so?
No

What gives America the right to kill protected animals in reservations?

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 06:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

originally posted by: NerdGoddess
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

If they had picked Cecil for him to kill then why are they so upset about this?

Thanks.

Yeah that plus it was illegal poaching. They lured him out of a protected area. Apparently they're arresting or have arrested the poacher he paid.

U.S. hunter to be charged with poaching in death of beloved lion in Zimbabwe

Fat chance he will be extradited to stand trial.

USA will just protect his slimy arse. With the USA extradition only works one way....
edit on 29-7-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Now, now, there are plenty of wealthy guys from pommy-land who big game hunt. Look up Stewart Anderson Wheeler. Some of the best big game rifles are made in the U.K.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

originally posted by: IanFleming

Nonsense. You didn't include yourself in culling humanity and it is disingenuous to claim so now. Besides, if you really believe that, the go ahead--cull yourself. Oh. Not going to do it? No surprise there.

You were talking about culling humanity in reference to African game hunting. No surprise that it's racist. Who the heck you think lives in Africa? Swedes?

Well, I'm human so including myself when I say "Cull Humanity" would be redundant now wouldn't it. Humanity also includes people of all colors and nations as well. Do I need to list every one of them for you to understand that they are part of humanity??? You have a brain, use it. I shouldn't need to spell out the obvious.

But don't take my word for it. Show me where I made reference to African People only.....Or white dentists only or any other specific race or nation of people. Go ahead smart guy. Go through my posts. They're all still there. Go find out where I said that and provide it as proof of your claims. That or shove it up your A$$!!! Admit you're lying. Admit you are trolling this site making false accusations. Admit you have no proof of your lies and finally stop talking to me as I've already asked you twice now to do. Take your race baiting BS somewhere else you fraud!!!

I find it amusing that those who go on and on about "culling humanity" never, ever seem to be the first to volunteer.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Now, now, there are plenty of wealthy guys from pommy-land who big game hunt. Look up Stewart Anderson Wheeler. Some of the best big game rifles are made in the U.K.

As long as it is done legally Im fine.

It this case were it was done illegally I find exception at.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 07:06 AM
link   
This big money big game hunting has to stop!

This is just the tip of the ice berg and it's wealthy sports hunters from all nations getting sick satisfaction in killing majestic creatures for trophy or a photo with the body

Sick selfies,from sick people

Can't they use tranquilliser guns of some sort for the animals that can be sedated quickly and then pose grinning with a sleeping animal before retreating to safety and making sure the awoken animal is awake and alive?

I see people defending other hunters who have been highlighted by the media saying the animals feed the villages

I'm pretty certain these strong and hardy villages are in far better shape physically than us and would have no trouble hunting for food by their own ways

What's next for these hunters? We going into JKVD Hard Target movie mode and next on the kill list when all others have been ticked is fellow man?

poor old Cecil,let's hope karma bites that superficial dentist on the arse

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   

As long as it is done legally Im fine.

It this case were it was done illegally I find exception at.

And that's the thing--poachers need to be punished under the law after due process. I haven't seen anyone defending poaching in this thread though.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I didn't have time to read all the replies but I'm confident many have stated the obvious in that this was just killing for the love of killing. There is no "sport" in luring an animal to a kill zone to be slaughtered. I don't really care how "legal" it supposedly is, lots of things are legal that shouldn't be and vice versa.

This person is only sorry about the negative impact it's going to have on his life, not the fact that he destroys our planet's most beautiful and rare treasures so he can take pictures and brag to his friends and patients what a big man he is.

I hope he suffers financially and personally to the point where he retires from killing animals unnecessarily and genuinely feels some remorse for destroying these animals, not just for having his life interrupted.

Why do I get the feeling he's never donated to or even visited a humane shelter.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I think its also important to point out that the belief trophy hunting is done to help conservation efforts is a myth.

After doing a little reading up, this is how the system seems to work:

> Female is taken and then force bred, usually producing 2 - 3 litters per year (In the wild she would only have around one litter every few years)

> Cubs are immediately taken from mother and sold onto companies that then charge tourists a handsome fee to come over and help feed the cubs under the belief that they are helping in a conservation effort by raising these cubs.

> After cubs have been raised they are then sold on again to privately owned reserves until they are of the age where they can be hunted for trophies by paying members.

> After the mother can not sire any more cubs, she is also sold on to the private reserve to also be hunted.

The African lion population is diminishing at an alarming rate. Currently their are only 1500 male adult lions in Africa (The males are what the trophy hunters are interested in)

This is not a species that needs culling or controlling in any way, its a species that needs protecting.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   
What I love is how the people against hunting are so quick to call for the death of hunters.

I dont hunt. Dont care to deal with cleaning the animals after they are dead. Thats just me. I dont like the idea of bear hunting because I like bears. I do NOT however think hunting is a problem or that hunters are somehow bad people.

You tree huggers calling for an end to hunting dont live in reality. You live in a fantasy urban world where meat comes wrapped in a plastic covering and you dont have to worry about being eaten on the way to work.
I guarantee that if your neighbor got mauled by a bear while going to his car in the morning you would be demanding that the government do SOMETHING! You would no doubt blame global warming or some other BS man did it nonsense rather than the idea that there are too many bears in your area and a few of them need to get swhacked.

I know a number of normal regular guys who save all their money for two or three years to go on big game guided hunts. These are not "rich" guys and gals they are middle class people who like hunting. They are not spending all their money on other things this is what they do. I have eaten some of the tasty animals they have killed on these hunts. This is how normal people live. You dont like it, fine you dont understand it fine, calling for the death of people who practice this? Well I cant even print what I got to say to you...

Now this hunter paid a large fee to a professional guide in the area. He put his trust in this guide to take him to a legal area, obtain the proper permits and tags, and make sure that he got the chance to fill those tags. Now you can whine all you want but this is how its done. A hunter will pay for multiple tags for different animals because....well they are animals and they do what they want to do not what people want them to do. There is no guaranty that the animals will show up for the hunters....thats why its a hunt! So he probably took multiple animals on this hunt that didnt have a "name" and no one gave a crap about. The only reason this is a story is because some people thought this wild animal was somehow a national pet. This animal would have killed every single person reading this thread if they were in its environment. It was not a pet. Some park ranger gave it a name because it happened to live in the confines of the park. Thats it. Its nothing special. The fact that this animal went off the park to find food should tell you that things in that park are not all happy happy Jellystone. Maybe if he would have just stayed on the park and stuck to eating picnic baskets he would not have gotten stuck with an arrow! There was nothing wrong with killing this animal.
The only reason there are charges being leveled at the local hunters and land owners are because the government is getting embarrassed. Some official got his palm greased and because the lion turned out to be the national pet that has to be covered up. Had this lion been just some average Mufassa no one would give a crap.

Complete BS story and more evidence that the communist thug Mugabe and his regime in Zimbabwe need to go.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Nothing like giving the animal a name, to sensationalize the matter. Nothing like rich white folk doing what they want, when they want. That's how they roll. WE'RE not in their class, remember????

Suck it up and deal with it. It's the price we must pay for not standing up for what's RIGHT! Talking smack to these arrogant (explicit word of choice) isn't going to cut it!

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Dragoon01

You are the internet minority this day, and there are times I wish ATS had a thumbs down icon so we could all see just how much.

What he did was just wrong on so many levels, yes other hunting atrocities happen that aren't news, true, but once and awhile a story emerges that enrages the basic morality every human has embedded within them, this is one such story.

This other trophy hunting story broke last year but it never grabbed the worlds attention, it is theorized by some because the hunter was a woman..... hmmmm....what is that special pass they get from society called again ?
Well I think with this story it just got revoked regardless of sex, and that is a good thing.

Female BIg Game Hunter
edit on 29-7-2015 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Dragoon01

I don't know where you have got your information from but i strongly suggest you do a bit of reading up mate. Most trophy kills are not hunts, they are carried out on closed reserves where the animal, which is essentially a sitting duck has been captured and/or reared for this purpose.

Thats it. Its nothing special.

This lions popularity helped generate around 9,000 p/w from tourist interest (pictures, tours to see him, etc) and that did go towards conservation. I would say the local community might disagree with your assertion that this is no big deal.

edit on 29/7/15 by HumanPLC because: (no reason given)

edit on 29/7/15 by HumanPLC because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I think people mixing population control hunting with pleasure hunting here.

All hunting the United States is under strict quotas and are designed for population control - if you go outside those boundaries you are end up to federal charges, like killing protective species, etc. Now I have no issue with that. I am originally from Germany and we have dedicated professionals called "Jaeger" (without meister) that will perform that job to make sure that the population is healthy. Every country has that. Now if private citizens here in the US want to take over these jobs, than so be it. I have no issue with that.

BUT!!! Killing for pleasure and on top a Lion, Rhino, etc .. that is far away from my understanding of hunting. For some reason I had no idea that this is still happening. I guess insane idiotic stories never die out.

All I can hope is that this guy never opens up his business again so he won't have the money to do things like this. But I am also realistic. There are probably hundreds of people in Africa right now who are doing the exact same thing and even the entire Internet is outraged by this, there is little you and me can do. It's big business over there. 50k in Africa probably allows you to run an entire village for 1 year. People rather have the money than a iconic symbol of their home country.

Now the local governments probably make a #load of money and considering how corrupt they are - maybe this story wakes them up since a status symbol was taken away. I doubt so. Obama was just in Africa and behind him were two presidents who are charged with mass murders - and there is no issue with that. That's how f'd up Africa is these days.

However they might be another solution. I bet that most of these Safari Hunt Tours are getting their business through the internet. You have to go where the money goes and that's the operators. Shut down their channel of getting business and you will see how fast they will go down.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Yes he has spent his time justifying a poacher, him or another said they were alpha males..LMFAO and we were envious of their manliness...ya envious..sure. This sorry excuse for a human being(dentist) hell I will include trophy hunters as sorry excuses. Trophy hunters I don't give 2 sh$ts if your a nice guy and salt of the earth..etc, you belong in a wax museum.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join