It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would our police do this

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I just read this on RT, and im wondering would the police in the US do this, from what I have read no British police would do it as they would need to do a Health and safety assessment first. Im sure other European police would, what do people think.
www.rt.com...

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 01:13 AM
link   
The majority of them? No. Of course they wouldn't. However, there's always a super-hero in every walk of life, for every situation (for the lucky ones), so it's possible that there might be one that would.
edit on 010000004801amb15America/Chicago by Hushabye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Yes, I'm sure many would. I'm also sure many Brit cops would too. This is more on the individual and not on the country.

I'm not sure it was a particularly good idea without seeing video. I also thought school buses were pretty much impervious in traffic accidents, even at speed (though who knows what nonsense they drive over there).

So glad to learn that everyone was OK.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: imod02

In the US the police would open fire on all the vehicles involved, with automatic weapons, to ensure officer safety and taze and tear gas any survivors for resisting.

Just kidding, an American officer would jump on the hood and shoot the driver in the head, like that cop in Ky.

Well, maybe not that, but something with guns.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Yes, I would imagine they would.

Maybe you could add a description as to what they did for those that want to discuss w/o a RT redirect.

Sounds like a brave cop.
edit on 7 by Mandroid7 because: so

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 01:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
Yes, I'm sure many would. I'm also sure many Brit cops would too. This is more on the individual and not on the country.

I'm not sure it was a particularly good idea without seeing video. I also thought school buses were pretty much impervious in traffic accidents, even at speed (though who knows what nonsense they drive over there).

So glad to learn that everyone was OK.

Im not sure but it would make sense that the police man though a bomber was driving the other car

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Of course they would...

Pretty sad that you made this thread tbh.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I did this thread becouse if you check the net , in England there are a lot of cases like this www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Perhaps you should add that to the OP, and expand on it a little. It sounds a little propaganda-y.

Yes, in the West there are going to be circumstances that sound horrid involving rescuing people. Cops wrestling someone from jumping into water to save someone drowning and the like. Thing is that's because we realize quite often would-be rescuers end up needing rescuing too, and complicating the situation further, or dying. I ended up looking up the percentage of African Americans that can swim the other day (pretty low and can't remember the reason I was looking) and read a horrific story about a number of young people dying trying to save each other after just one person got into trouble. There are a ton of well intentioned people that aren't capable of carrying out what they intend to do.

I'm a fairly strong swimmer, and would risk my life to save someone who wasn't, but a cop or anyone else has the duty to protect ALL lives, mine too. In a situation that dynamic, there's no time to give me a swimming test to see if I'm capable or scared of the high dive and going to wind up needing rescuing along with the other person. They can't let someone run into a fire, even if that person doesn't care about the consequences.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 02:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman

In the US the police would open fire on all the vehicles involved, with automatic weapons, to ensure officer safety and taze and tear gas any survivors for resisting.

Just kidding, an American officer would jump on the hood and shoot the driver in the head, like that cop in Ky.

Well, maybe not that, but something with guns.

Possibly the most perfect response I have ever read.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 02:38 AM
link   
a reply to: imod02 Police the US often use their own vehicle to stop a criminal
or a tragedy. There are countless videos on youtube showing this.

I am usually talking about how militarized police have become, which they have, tramping on civil rights, etc.

But on the other side of the coin, many police in a lot of countries would do this.

edit on 28-7-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 02:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

The duty of the police is not to serve and protect. The supreme court has even ruled that is the case. It is merely a PR slogan. I would never want a cop to try to save me from anything. They are not trained swimmers, nor are they trained to rescue at all. They are trained to investigate crimes and bring suspects into custody. It is a person's right to choose what they do with their life. If they want to sacrifice themself for any reason, they should be able to do so without some thug getting in their way. If one does not have sovereignty over their own life, then freedom is too distant of a notion to even fathom.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 02:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hohuwah
a reply to: Domo1

The duty of the police is not to serve and protect. The supreme court has even ruled that is the case. It is merely a PR slogan. I would never want a cop to try to save me from anything. They are not trained swimmers, nor are they trained to rescue at all. They are trained to investigate crimes and bring suspects into custody. It is a person's right to choose what they do with their life. If they want to sacrifice themself for any reason, they should be able to do so without some thug getting in their way. If one does not have sovereignty over their own life, then freedom is too distant of a notion to even fathom.

You didn't read the article in the OP.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 02:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: imod02
I just read this on RT, and im wondering would the police in the US do this, from what I have read no British police would do it as they would need to do a Health and safety assessment first. Im sure other European police would, what do people think.
www.rt.com...

Are you British? I am doubting a health and safety check would be necessary to do this. You just made that up off the top of your head.

I must be sleepy. The whole point of the OP has no point. He's a troll.
edit on 28-7-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 03:08 AM
link   
I agree that this action would be dependent on the person driving, rather than the country.

However, as the Russian police are notoriously corrupt, he was probably saved by the cushions of bank notes stuffed in the glove compartment. I say this as a bit of a joke, BTW, although the corruption bit is true.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 04:47 AM
link   

What a selfless hero!

I suspect it would be more likely to be a member of the public than one of our cops, although there are still some who are decent, but the Russian cop probably acted automatically, without thinking, just seeing what had to be done.

He totally enforces my love of humanity and just how amazing we can be when its necessary. Fantastic story.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 06:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: imod02
www.rt.com...

Are you British? I am doubting a health and safety check would be necessary to do this. You just made that up off the top of your head.

I must be sleepy. The whole point of the OP has no point. He's a troll.

With so much bad things been said about police every were its nice to talk about some thing good. You seem to need to call me a troll, as it seems important to you i wont bother about you. But remember every thing you write shapes what people think about you and we all want to be thought of. Unlike many people here I have no real need for ATS or to gain lots of flags or stars I have a real life filled with loving people and have done good things with my life, as you are seen as hunting me it sort of makes you what you call me. take care and have a good life

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 06:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
I agree that this action would be dependent on the person driving, rather than the country.

However, as the Russian police are notoriously corrupt, he was probably saved by the cushions of bank notes stuffed in the glove compartment. I say this as a bit of a joke, BTW, although the corruption bit is true.

The police are corrupt to a point its hard for us to understand, I remember a story a Russian work collage told me when he was in a RTA outside the police area he lived in, the RTA was not hes fault and the police stated that in the forms for the insurance but he still had to pay so not to spend the night in jail

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Hohuwah

Okay, sovereign citizen. Your right to do what you want with your life doesn't include actions that put others at risk. Do whatever you want.

To yourself and only yourself.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   
OUR police?

I don't think so...

new topics

top topics

join