It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turns Out, Almond Milk Has No Almonds In It

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Well, at least the variety from Blue Diamond.

According to Time, a new lawsuit brought against Almond Breeze maker Blue Diamond claims the “almond milk” contains just 2% of almonds. It’s mostly made up of water, sugar, carrageenan, and sunflower lecithin. No word yet on how much “breeze” is actually included.

Wow. The kids and I drink almond milk, from Silk, and we have never had any issues associated with drinking cow's milk, such as mucus in the phlegm, etc.

I would have thought the concentration of actual almonds would be much higher, maybe 20-25% but come on, 2% ?!. Insane.
Almond milk has little almond in it

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I have always felt that you should just stick with organic, real products instead of the food substitutes. Real food in moderation is the way to go in my opinion.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

well...nut milks are pretty natural.

I usually go with cashew milk. It has way more body to it than almond milk, which tends to taste like stale almonds to me.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Jaellma

False advertizing much? Maybe the breeze comes later, out the other end?

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Tell that to people with lactose intolerance. Poot.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 11:21 PM
link   
get the butter. i go to stores and crush it fresh from machine. spread it with jams/preserves on whole wheat is noms

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Almond milk is just another "health food" sham To make money from gullible do-gooders.

Like gluten free bacon.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: pl3bscheese
get the butter. i go to stores and crush it fresh from machine. spread it with jams/preserves on whole wheat is noms

I second this. Almond butter is awesome! Put it on some freshly toasted Ezekiel bread...nom nom!

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus
Almond milk is just another "health food" sham To make money from gullible do-gooders.

Like gluten free bacon.

I actually saw a video where a woman made her own almond milk from almonds. You just need a good blender and some cheese cloth. It's really, really simple. In fact, I'm surprised more people don't make their own.

Basically you just soak, blend and strain.

Here you guys go:

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Like gluten free bacon.

Approximately 65 percent of the human population has a reduced ability to digest lactose after infancy. Lactose intolerance in adulthood is most prevalent in people of East Asian descent, affecting more than 90 percent of adults in some of these communities.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

I should clarify, home made almond milk is no doubt is fine, it's the store bought stuff I'm talking about..

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

I didn't say lactose intolerance is a sham now did I?

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

almond milk is great for people eating low carb/ketogenic diets.

I use nut milks to make smoothies with. The trick to keeping a smoothie from getting icy is to have enough carbohydrates to make it stay smooth. Since i don't use sugar carbs, i can use fiber carbs and berries. But the almond milk base (or cashew milk) gives me a low carb option to keep from being fatter than I already am.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Wouldn't that be a lack of enzyme in response to different dietary consumption producing differences in gut flora? It seems most of this sensitivity goes away with slowly consuming larger amounts.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I actually like drinking hemp milk and coconut milk.

Drink milk from a cows utters is gross.

Really gross.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

coconut milk is a big favorite of mine. I use it in cooking and in deserts.

Some reduced coconut milk with green curry seasoning is a great base to add veggies and meat to.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Have to try that. I pour it in my Ezekiel cereal and use it in my blended veggies.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Jaellma

The milk I drink Is 2% milk fat. The 2% nut fats as a replacement is what it is. I like almonds and I like milk.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I think regular milk is around 90% water so, while I'm sure the company is using the least amount of almonds it can get away with, it isn't like milk has 20-25% solids either.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Like gluten free bacon.

You can also buy GMO-free Water in the U.S.A

Apparently it is gluten-free, but it is oddly black.

Yum...looks like coffee and tastes like water.
edit on 27-7-2015 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join