It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

H.R.1940 - Respect State Marijuana Laws Act of 2015

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Claire Bernish
July 24, 2015
(ANTIMEDIA) Washington, D.C. — A bill with bipartisan support introduced in Congress this week is finally tolling the death knell for cannabis prohibition. By removing a notorious legal contradiction, the legislation would give precedence to state marijuana laws—making federal enforcement a thing of the past in states where medical and recreational weed are legal.

H.R.1940 - Respect State Marijuana Laws Act of 2015

I didn't even know about this bill. Came across it by chance via youtube. I honestly hope this passes and states have full rights over the matter with no federal government involvement. Here's the youtube vid:

And here's a link to the article and a link to the actual bill:

theantimedia.org...

www.congress.gov...

I really do hope this passes. State's should have the rights and I can't deny the good I have seen it do for those in need. It touches my heart strings when I saw various documentaries showing precious children desperate for help, parents stressed out just wanting their child to be better ;and the CBD's change lives, the positive I saw to those children and their families out weighs any nay-sayers in my mind. And yes I' am christian and I don't see a problem with this, it is of God's creation and should be used for the betterment of all mankind.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 12:59 AM
link   
It's amazing what can happen when politicians smell tax profits.

It's like sharks smelling blood.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 05:50 AM
link   
It's amazing what will happen when the masses stop believing the propaganda/lies! And start believing in themselves! It's beyond silly at the point, that Cannabis is still illegal in some states/countries. But the dollars will most definite,I admit, bring the green light to the rest of the Nation. Legal Federally! Coming to a town near you! and It's about time! Stay Lifted

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman

So true. It certainly worked for us 3 years ago in here in Washington state. A coalition of anti-crime groups, pro-legalization groups and business owners got it through.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: JadeStar

originally posted by: abe froman

So true. It certainly worked for us 3 years ago in here in Washington state. A coalition of anti-crime groups, pro-legalization groups and business owners got it through.

So true, thank you for your post. As your above statement, I agree and think if this passes, the above method stated that happened in Washington state will be mirrored across the United States as the individual states will jump on board if this bill passes. I hope this bill passes, let's see what happens "fingers crossed".....

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
It'll probably die a slow death in committee...

I think this type of bill has been introduced many times before, but it's never gone anywhere. I've heard about national-level bills like this for the past few years.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

I think this type of bill has been introduced many times before, but it's never gone anywhere. I've heard about national-level bills like this for the past few years.

You are correct, similar bills under different names have come up and usually pushed away. But there is a shifting taking place among the nation and it's mindset's and etc so; and now it may very well pass, we shall see...... Thank you for stopping by.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

Same bill now on its sixth attempt maybe.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Like a single state in the union will ever become independent from the reach of over-bearing senile grandparents who lost focus of what's best for the group they take money from as compensation for their vital services on a local level...

edit on (7/30/1515 by loveguy because: Your reason for the edit (must be filled out)

new topics

top topics

join