It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My employer says 32 hrs a week for insurance, thought Obamacare law said 30 ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   
So my employer said you must average 32 hours per week and maintain it, to qualify for open enrollment coming up.

My employer is Johnny-on-the spot when stopping your hours before you near 40 so they never have to pay overtime.

How the heck is anybody supposed to get any coverage when employers are stacking the deck?

I have been pulled off the clock 3 times in the last month due to getting too close to 40 hrs and somehow I still don't qualify?

I will sometimes show up for a scheduled shift only to be given 1 or 2 hours of work then sent home.

Should the law maybe be change to scheduled hours?

Sometimes I'm SCHEDULED 43-45 hrs in a week, but jerked around due to my employers whims.

Maybe this should be in the RANT forum.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Some state full time laws are varied? As far as time required to qualify? All I can think of seems like you need to find explicitly where it said that.
edit on 5311072015vAmerica/Chicago07bAmerica/Chicago by 5thNovember because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

Oh no! You mean mandated health care is only cool when someone else is paying for it? Shocking.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Maybe you work at a schlock outfit, but the Obama.Care laws are complicated just the same.

There is an illusionary delusional formula for part-time/full-time.

Not everything is what it looks like with anything Obama

Employer Mandate

ObamaCare Employer Mandate

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: neveroddoreven99

I guess you are unaware that I would have to pay for it out of my pocket.

new topics

top topics

join