It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Deal Worth More than All U.S. Aid to Israel Since 1948

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
Fallout aside, it would guarantee Iran's own destruction because Israel would counter with their own nuke strike. In the end, no one would win.

But that doesn't matter because Iran doesn't have a nuke and isn't working on a nuke. Mossad confirmed.

Nuclear weapons are nothing more than political bargaining chips.

Well unless you are trying to create a religious event then all rational thought is gone.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

Well yeah, and that has been happening with a lot of our aid elsewhere in the Middle East but I would not be so quick to believe the US is actually giving Iran money and then freezing their access to money. Doesn't make much sense, but apparently the US is giving the entire world money and the actions of this gov't rarely make sense.

But back to op and it's article, whose title is misleading making readers think the US is giving Iran more money than it has given Israel since it's inception, which is just not the case.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Coming from a Christian led gov't who would love to see Jesus return to the Middle East and commit global genocide so the true believers can go to heaven, religious nuts indeed.

edit on 27-7-2015 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
a reply to: buster2010

Hey Buster2010 do you think that if Iran got nukes would they use them against Israel in a first strike situation?

In no way would they use nukes on Israel and I will give some reasons why.
Iran can put three times as many soldiers as to the total population of Israel not to mention they have more than enough missiles to totally overwhelm the Iron Dome defense system. Also Iran's navy can take Israels on with no problem.
The military leaders of Israel has even told Benny that Israel cannot handle Iran on their own. So there is no need to use nukes when Iran with a little effort can can put a boot up Israels butt.
If Iran were to use a nuke that would put the Dome of the Rock at risk. So not only would Iran piss off the west for using a nuke the whole Muslim world would be at their throats for damaging one of the most holy sites in Islam.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: burntheships
but apparently the US is giving the entire world money and the actions of this gov't rarely make sense.

The list is long, and a fortune...with military interventions dabbling
where where they should not.

But back to op and it's article, whose title is misleading making readers think the US is giving Iran more money than it has given Israel since it's inception, which is just not the case.

True that.

But since we were on the subject of aid, I had to drop in my 2 cents.

edit on 27-7-2015 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

That statement alone makes me shiver !!

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Well unless you are trying to create a religious event then all rational thought is gone.

Got to agree with that.

This whole mess in the Middle East started when somebody thought it was a good idea to give a "Holy Land" to "God's Chosen People" by displacing the people living there. Rational thought left the building on that one.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

As did Russia's *Kruschav" at the UN with his shoe (sounds like a game of Clue) and China's "Mao", both had 'policies' about destroying the US. We negotiated with them.

From the conservative press:

Republicans seem to be unable to grasp the changes that have taken place in this century.

With the Arab Spring, the fall of half a dozen regimes, the rise of al-Qaeda and ISIS, civil wars in Libya, Syria, Yemen, and Iraq, we have a new Middle East.

Our principal enemies are now al-Qaeda and ISIS.

And while both have been aided by our old allies, Turkey, Qatar, and Saudi Arabia, both are being resisted by Iran.

But, we are reminded, Iran’s regime is founded upon ideological hatred of America.

But, so, too, were Mao’s China and Stalin’s USSR. Yet Nixon forged a detente with Mao and FDR partnered with Stalin. And Ronald Reagan negotiated a strategic arms deal with the “evil empire” of his time.

www.theamericanconservative.com...

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

LOL

China at the time and the USSR at the time vs the U.S. had nothing in common with today's Middle East and Iran.

The "New" Middle East is all on Obama 100%.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 11:17 PM
link   
You have to delve deeper into Iranian history to find out what went wrong - why did a progressive, modern, sectarian population (by middle eastern standards) devolve into a theocratic dictatorship? You just have to look into post-ww2 politics to find that answer. We helped turn a possibly critical ally, into a despotic dictatorship that hated our guts by supporting foreign policy that encouraged foreign investment over a populations best interest.

We directly enabled an unpopular monarchy simply because that monarchy guaranteed juicy oil contracts to western firms - you must also understand the world just went through WW2, and the USA helped topple the Axis powers through sheer fuel usage (the US could not fight another war with the fuel costs of WW2, there simply aren't enough reserves anymore for a mobilization on the scale of WW2, and the US knows this, so securement of cheap fuel has become issue numero uno, and has resulted in numerous geopolitical foibles.)

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Israel is asking for $4,500,000,000 in U.S. aid, per year for ten years.

“ Netanyahu demands ‘up to $45 billion dollars’ in US military aid to deter Iran, Gulf States “
source: www.rt.com...

Given there are 253 working days in Israel, this chuck-of-change if made available by no other than hard working American taxpayers, breaks down like this,

Each working day Americans will end up paying Israelis – $17,786,561 ( seventeen million seven hundred eighty six thousand five hundred one dollars ).

Each working hour Americans will end up paying Israelis – $2,223,320 ( two million two hundred twenty three thousand three hundred twenty dollars ).

Each working minute Americans will end up paying Israelis – $37,055 ( thirty seven thousand fifty five dollars ).

Total U.S. aid to Israel is approximately one-third of the American foreign-aid budget, even though Israel comprises just .001 percent of the world's population and already has one of the world's higher per capita incomes. Indeed, Israel's GNP is higher than the combined GNP of Egypt, Lebanon, Syria, Jordan, the West Bank and Gaza. With a per capita income of about $14,000, Israel ranks as the sixteenth wealthiest country in the world; Israelis enjoy a higher per capita income than oil-rich Saudi Arabia and are only slightly less well-off than most Western European countries.

source: www.wrmea.org...

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Buster2010, I just do not understand you at times... You seem to not give an inch to Christian West or the Jews, but with the Muslims you seem to think they are all full of hot air when they rant about wiping out both. I could understand this if Iran wasn't the biggest terrorist supporter in the world and if Muslims by nature showed a demeanor of peace, but the Muslims do not and are the most extremist force on the planet right now. Iran would love to take over Iraq with 100% Shiite Muslims and eliminate the State of Israel for the return of the Mahd.

For Muslims, religion is everything all reason aside, and the war over there is as much among themselves as it is against the West. By your posts I'm under the assumption your are not a religious person, and nether am I, but when you are talking the Middle East, Jews or Muslims it is all about religion.

With religion in the West, I call it "religion lite", most here can not comprehend the level of influence religion has on those in the Middle East, a place where your every waking thoughts is about your religion.
edit on 28-7-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 01:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom
This whole mess in the Middle East started when somebody thought it was a good idea to give a "Holy Land" to "God's Chosen People" by displacing the people living there. Rational thought left the building on that one.

You do know that we can blame England and the French during the Treaty of Versailles when they partitioned the Ottoman Empire for this right? They split up the region into countries with not much thought, and as example Iraq should have been three counties and not one. A part of that was to give the Arab Palestine and Jewish Palestine their own land. Arab Palestine today is called Jordan and Jewish Palestine is called Israel.

Displacement of people happens when the victors decides and the Ottoman empire sided with Germany, sucks for them... But hey the Arab Palestine got a oil rich and large country called Jordan and the Jews got a thin slip of holy dirt... As we see in Iraq with many ancient places destroyed by generic_01 Muslim extremest force I can't say that the Jews have not been good caretakers for all three religions there.

At least the Jews do not have the common practice of wiping off the face of the earth sites that are not strictly their religion as the Muslims seem to do on a regular bases.

edit on 28-7-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 03:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships
Why why why is the U.S giving any aid to any country that does not like us?

More than that, give aid to Iran who's "supreme leader" tweets a graphic
of a gun to the head of Obama?

Iranian leader tweets graphic of Obama with gun to head
www.usatoday.com...

www.jpost.com...

Because them liking us or not is irrelevant. It's all about getting Iran dependent on having additional income. The extra money will make their economy work, and filter down to their citizens making them comfortable. This forces compliance with deals meant to ensure peace (like them not building nuclear weapons) because it would heavily destabilize them to pursue that plan.

Since WW2 major war has been avoided by intertwining the economies of the world, this is no different. Give them money, get debt bought/sold, get them involved in a global economy, and suddenly they lose the ability to launch offensive campaigns against major nations.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

What I don't get is why you support a country who's supreme leader has repeatedly called for our destruction. Could you explain that to me please?

His words are just words whereas the actions of Israel against the Palestinians and others are dirty deeds.

I don't hate Israel but I do despise it's leadership.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: FyreByrd

LOL

China at the time and the USSR at the time vs the U.S. had nothing in common with today's Middle East and Iran.

You're correct with this part. Because China & the USSR actually had nuclear weapons & a war doctrine to use them against the US. Iran has neither of those, which empowers the chicken-hawks to make threats they wouldn't make against actual nuclear powers.

The "New" Middle East is all on Obama 100%.

You're incorrect with this part. You seem to forget that the Al-Qaeda's 9/11 attacks, Madrid 3/11 attack, London 7/7 attack & the subsequent War on Terror happened under Bush. Whether you like Saddam or not, ISIS never would've existed if Saddam stayed in power. He was the type of strongman who crushed all internal threats, which is why al-Qaeda had no presence in Iraq until his regime fell.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships
a reply to: Swills

We have given them aid.
Please check the links I provided.

Also check this
en.wikipedia.org...

Also, @ Buster, using the excuse that many members here would approve of
the destruction of the U.S. ... that is nothing but confirmation bias.

Go take a class on understanding English. I said the government not America.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

You're incorrect with this part. You seem to forget that the Al-Qaeda's 9/11 attacks, Madrid 3/11 attack, London 7/7 attack & the subsequent War on Terror happened under Bush. Whether you like Saddam or not, ISIS never would've existed if Saddam stayed in power. He was the type of strongman who crushed all internal threats, which is why al-Qaeda had no presence in Iraq until his regime fell.

The old news is the old Middle East along with all the speculation.

The new news is the new Middle East, and Obama owns it.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   

I said the government not America.

Maybe you understand the difference, though by your comments no one could tell.

The Ayatollah; NO. "The Supreme Leader" makes no such distinction.
To him, America is the Great Satan, his country is all about that religion
that sends martyrs to the U.S. to kill Americans.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   
What many don't realise about Iran is that because of the sanctions its become quite a successful country because its had to survive and most importantly it has a lot of well educated young people who all work. In fact when you compare it to other, 'had it too easy ME countries', its actually successful in its own right.

The easing of sanctions is well overdue and hopefully it will be a balancing act to Saudi's ambitions. We might be tied to Saudi oil, but is Saudi actually an ally to the West, its doesn't feel like it.

I just wish Israel would get its hooked snout out or Iranian business. Its cried wolf so many times that the main country looking like the big bad wolf is actually Israel itself.

edit on 28-7-2015 by Shiloh7 because: lack of sense sorry

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join