It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Cops Brutally Beat Teen Girl On the Side of the Road

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Let's just take the department for its word for argument sake. If this was your drunk 15 year old daughter, would you still say this is justified?

What if it was your grandma or a teething toddler?

Justified my ass...

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Bloodydagger

If I am not mistaken, the officer that was being choked and on the ground was a woman. The male officer was called in to assist.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: real_one

I wouldn't have a drunk 15 year old choking out a cop.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

Jesus Christ, Read the article.

It was a FEMALE officer she was choking.

Lol maybe you should read the article and watch the video. It was a grown man beating a 15 year old girl.

Prove to me she choked the officer.

link   

Yes it would be justified if my daughter was choking ANY other person, cop or not.

However I am a parent and I've raised my daughter better than this.

link   

originally posted by: Bloodydagger
a reply to: abe froman

No, you shot first and asked questions later. Meaning you were quick to side with the cops on this.

You're a police apologist, plain and simple.

Wait a second here. I understand that brutality is an issue we all need to address, but at what point can we agree that force is needed?

This girl was choking a female officer and not letting go even after the male officer arrived. Are the police supposed to let her continue to choke the officer?

I don't think we're thinking clearly here. The police were justified, absolutely.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

To quote a different thread from this weekend " He didn't do anything wrong he just shot a cop".

Some people believe that attacking any cop for any reason is justified.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

An adult female officer that was TRAINED for situations like these. Do you really believe for one second that a 15 year old girl could incapacitate an "officer of the law" with her bare hands? I don't care if the officer was male, female or an Alien from Mars. People in the position of police being manhandled to the point of not functioning by a 15 year old girl need to find a new occupation.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sparky63
It always amazes me that some people will automatically side with the cops and go to such great lengths to find excuses for their actions. All I can assume is that they have family members who are LEO's and this creates a predictable bias, or that on some level they feel thatt he cops have a right to abuse people for the sake of preserving social order.

Maybe they have never been on the wrong end of a baton or have a gun pointed at their head or had a family member arrested on trumped up charges.
In my opinion the myth of "Officer Friendly" has been debunked many times over. Regarding the video, I don't know what happened before he assaulted her but there is nothing in my opinion that could excuse his actions.

In each case, you need to look at the evidence. If you go with the mindset that all cops are guilty, then you are doing yourself and the rest of the world a disservice.

in this case, it appears the video was cut as to only show the cop hitting the girl. All the other events that led up to this seem to be mysteriously missing. Luckily, they claim to have dash cam coverage, which they used to decide of there was any wrongdoing on the side of LEO. So far, the facts seem to indicate the girl was lucky she was only hit a few times.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: real_one

Jesus Christ, Read the article.

It was a FEMALE officer she was choking.

Prove to me she choked the officer.

There is more video to surface, a police bodycam video, a dashboard video, and the UNEDITED cell phone video.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   

People that attack Police Officers need to be in prison.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   

All you people who were earlier saying that we had no facts to go with are now taking the word of the police as the word of God.

Only evidence we have is this video.

The police story sounds like a fabrication to cover up and justify this brutality by the hands of the police.

You wouldn't take op source as valid evidence but take the word of children abusers instead?

Hypocrites.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Don't get me wrong. There are cases in which I believe someone may be justified in defending themselves from out-of-control officers, but this is not one of those cases.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Ah, yes, cops are not trained martial artists who should be able to single-handedly repeal any attacks against them, including female cops. Get real.

People of all statures can become cops. Just because she's "trained" doesn't mean she won't get taken advantage of if someone unsuspectingly attacks them unprovoked, especially is that person is bigger (which we don't know).

Sounds the cop was caught off guard by this drunk out of control teenager who attacked unprovoked.

You just can't admit that you jumped to a false conclusion with little facts in your OP because you wanted to make this about police brutality at all costs and with a disregard for facts.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Public: "Officer, please justify your repeated punches to this 15 year old girl.
Officer: "She was choking me"
Public : "Is there any proof that she was choking you?"
Officer: "Is there any proof she wasn't?"

Official conclusion: Officer was justified in repeatedly punching a 15 year old girl
Just another day in paradise.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bloodydagger
a reply to: Liquesence

An adult female officer that was TRAINED for situations like these. Do you really believe for one second that a 15 year old girl could incapacitate an "officer of the law" with her bare hands? I don't care if the officer was male, female or an Alien from Mars. People in the position of police being manhandled to the point of not functioning by a 15 year old girl need to find a new occupation.

So in your opinion, they should have just shot her? damn, I keep hearing how everyone wishes the cops would try to use non-lethal force in these situations, but when they do, you get these types of complaints. I suppose you will never please everyone.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Even if they aren't a threat, such as a 15 year old girl with just her hands? Gotcha. I don't know about you, but a 15 year old girl would not be able to incapacitate me. I could easily stop the situation and no excessive force would be used. In other words, it would be a non-threat. Especially if I was trained to combat hardened hardcore criminals. But we are talking about a child here.....yeah, a real threat with her bare hands huh?

Your police apologist badge is shining brightly.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   

You are purposefully taking things out of context to support your position. You are lying by omission.

"What he observed was our deputy was on the ground still, rolling and trying to get the juvenile into handcuffs, and at that time, the juvenile had her hands -- both of her hands -- around the deputy's neck and was choking the deputy," said Asst. Chief Wally Wieghat.

After unsuccessfully attempting to pull the girl off the female deputy, the male officer struck the teen.

Come off it and grow up.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Ah, yes, cops are not trained martial artists who should be able to single-handedly repeal any attacks against them, including female cops. Get real.

A female child attacking you with her bare hands isn't exactly a threat.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Sparky63

But the article stated there was dash cam video. Until we see that, I don't think we can say anything for certain, but the facts presented so far, seem to back up the actions of the police.

Can you come up with a good reason for the video to only be of the actual hitting, and nothing that led up to the punches? Does that part seem the least bit strange to you?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join