It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cocaine Controls UK Parliamentary Decisions

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

The point of Kester's thread still stands though, anyone involved in setting legislation in the UK, by default, must follow all the laws, otherwise the law is meaningless.

The whole drug legislation and criminalisation of users is pretty ridiculous though anyway. I personally know a serving police officer, probation officers, senior social workers, and a few solicitors who all occasionally use that white powder from time to time.
It cuts right through the spectrum of society, including the folk who control the legislation, yet continue to criminalise users.
It would be laughable if it wasn't so serious.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73
a reply to: Kester

Anyone who compares any other schedule 1 drug to marijuana, has no idea what they are talking about.

Take it from someone who experimented as a youth and witnessed first hand, there is absolutely no comparison.

The only ones who support the recreational use of other schedule 1 drugs are most likely using them, or have never been around long term users.

did you read my post. if anyone is qualified to judge drugs then it is my family who has been around it and effected by it through no fault of their own.
weed is different. but I have been around pot heads in a worse state than any class a casual user. I repeat ABUSE OF ANYTHING IS WRONG. don't stop people doing something they can handle because some people use it for the wrong reasons.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Politician should have drug tests...!

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: chewi
I repeat ABUSE OF ANYTHING IS WRONG. don't stop people doing something they can handle because some people use it for the wrong reasons.

Agreed.
Office for National Statistics

In 2013 there were 8,416 alcohol-related deaths registered in the UK, an age standardised rate of 14.0 deaths per 100,000 population.

Office for National Statistics PDF

There were 169 deaths involving coc aine in 2013, an increase of 22% from 139 deaths in 2012.
However, the number of deaths involving coc aine have been variable over the last few years, with a
peak in 2008 of 235 and a low of 112 in 2011.

Yep, ban alcohol...it's a killer, think of the children!!!

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: chewi

Here is a medical and psychological report on the effects of coke.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Try to find anything similar, supplied from the medical professionals on Marijuana. Let me help you so you don't waste your time. You wont find it.

There is a difference, no comparison can be made between the two.
edit on 26-7-2015 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

But the lord in the OP story has managed to pull off a public role into his late 60's. Do you really think the recent video of him snorting coke with a prostitute was his first time?

I agree with chewi, misuse of any substance is the problem, heck if every drug was taken off the streets it would be like the 1970's with glue sniffers all over the place. Intentionally sniffing glue to get high has never been a crime in the UK but it ruined lives and still continues to. Why is it illegal to intentionally use some substances to get high and others not.
The substance misuse is the problem.

...and I refer you to my post above comparing deaths by alcohol with coke if you are using the argument of wrecked lives.
Anyone can easily get coke in the UK right now, clubland is awash with it, and MDMA, but while illegal the average punter doesn't know what they're really buying. I'm sure the Lord in the OP had the finest dust money could buy though.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
All very interesting but I think everyone (including OP) is missing the point. No one really cares if Lord Numpty kills or damages himself through drug abuse.

When people are vetted for security clearance it is mainly to insure that they don't have any skeletons in the closet (incl. debts) that could be used to blackmail them to do ...........?

The Stasi (East German Security Services) were well known for setting up honey traps

Because of his role this guy would be a very useful chap to have in the back pocket, think about it.

I'd like to know the details of how he found himself being covertly videoed, as far as we know the hookers picked him up in a bar, got him tipsy, then got the powder (and hidden camcorder) out when they were in private.

Maybe he was ready to retire anyway, simply said no to the blackmailers and called their bluff.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Anyone else notice that the lord lives in Dolphin Square in London, the address of the high up child rape allegations.

Since this story broke, when I search Dolphin Square pretty much all the results are about the coke snorting lord and not paedophile claims as it used to be.
Could this story have come out to just kill google results for that address, and/or is this guy first for the chop in damage limitation and there will be further darker claims coming soon about him being involved in child rape?
He's the right sort of age for the 70's/80's allegations.

I wonder how long he's lived there.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer

Politician should have drug tests...!

They absolutely should...we give urine tests to sports people, police and numerous other people.... but those who have the most direct influence and essentially control over our lives, get to swan around while coked up and god knows what else.
They really should be tested.

Also we know most steal from the public purse with expenses so we're essentially funding their habit.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I would like to look over this Lords expenses for the last few years , did he buy that pink bra on expenses or was it a hand down from the spy who got into a North face holdall to kill himself

If you took all the weird ones out of the lords who would be left

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   
The house of Lords is the biggest chamber to sit anywhere except China.
With almost 800 members - EVERY SINGLE ONE UNELECTED - it is an utter travesty of justice and yet nothing is done about it.
No matter how many MPs complain, how much publicity it gets and how many of us ordinary citizens are pissed off... these unelected parasites continue to sit there and collect their £300 a day, no matter how long they're there for and that doesn't include expenses, housing, pensions and meals etc.

The number is expected to rise from 800 to over 1000 over the next 1-3 years.

All unelected and most because of their wealth and status and family name.

******* thieving assholes the lot of them

edit on 28/7/15 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: blupblup

Agreed.
I've always wanted an elected second chamber since I was about 12 and I first learned about it at school.
I had quite a radical teacher who taught politics lessons, and the same classes also drew me against the constitutional monarchy system of government we have, but that is another story.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

I have personal experience of long term users, many decades, and short term users, a decade or so. Use that culminated in stick your face in the bag type indulgence. I was asked by a dying woman to do what I could to help her son. That's how I ended up tracking him down in a crack house, seeing his interaction with the apparently untouchable kilo suppliers, and watching the cops watching us. The overwhelming memory for me is the cops doing nothing except smirking at me, certainly not stopping him from supplying a large area with coke. What's going on when they do that? They're getting paid public money for what?

Knives, guns, poisonous snakes. Having a line put before me which I had to inhale before the notorious armed robber would move his chair from the door so I could leave. Losing my temper and driving off at such a speed the surveillance team were caught unawares and we passed them with their mouths dropping open before they had time to get back in their car. Have you been there?

Now tell me again I'm frightened and I think drug users are monsters. You are being very ignorant making those foolish statements.

Cocaine causes brain damage, particularly of the sort that prevents damaged people from appreciating what they've done to themselves. The ridiculous decisions made by individuals who have given themselves the self perceived edge through coc aine use adversely affect those around them. Cocaine users are seemingly incapable of appreciating the harm they have done to the lives of those around them due to the effects of the drug.

How about the heart attacks? The paramedics came in through the door. Reacted when they recognised one of the people present. Knelt by the heart attack patient. Looked up his nose. Looked at each other. Silently packed their bag and left without treating him. Have you been there?

The heart attack victim who ended up in a shallow grave. His gravedigger so off his head he couldn't rediscover the location of the grave if he wanted to. Have you been there?

The murders for control of the drug trade and the shallow graves they ended up in.

I see you're online now so I'll post this quick. But first I'll agree there is a massive campaign to turn us against our politicians. Just as there is a campaign to turn us against the police, military, entertainment personalities etc. Drip feeding scandalous revelations is a major part of this.
edit on 4 8 2015 by Kester because: spelling

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Denoli

It's the sixty year olds who've been using it all their adult lives, the stick your face in the bag dealers who get it from the stick a gun in your mouth dealers, and the take a big line then drop with a heart attack users that give it the reputation. Plus the fact most of it these days is synthetic.www.abovetopsecret.com...

Get a bit more experience and you'll be horrified at the waste of life and potential that coc aine represents.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: chewi

I've got far too much experience of the nightmares around coc aine use. I don't think Revolution9 has any experience of dealing related murders, heart attacks from excessive use or corrupt policing related to drug money.

It isn't judging to speak the truth about party drugs. Escape from mental or physical pain through opiates is an entirely different story.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

www.theguardian.com...

I'm from Durham and I want to go back.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Which one's the hooker?

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Pigs up to their effing necks in it.

Just had a phone call from a man who was confused a few years ago about why a local copper was always after him. Turned out that copper blamed him for his, (the copper's), coke habit which came about as a result of all the low price coke this man was bringing into the area. And a local had video of the copper snorting a line.

I can pinpoint the house of an ex-customs man who did time for importing coke.

I've seen the surveillance teams smirking and doing nothing useful. They wouldn't have been smirking if they knew I'm happy to write about it all.

I've been told GCHQ Cheltenham employees get their coke and weed from dealers who are surprised to have it delivered so easy, and the best stuff, while never getting busted. Cheltenham drug squad would know all about that. I was told by a close witness, "It pretty much has a government approved sticker on it." He was trying to get video of squaddies bringing smack from Afghanistan. Haven't heard from him in a while.

To cap it all I'm very near convinced most of the coke is fake.www.abovetopsecret.com...

The coke I've had to take to be released by armed dealers recently is nothing compared to yesteryear. Ahem.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73
....been around long term users.

Gaaaargh!!!

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

The bloody stuff's everywhere! I've seen it sold to kids who were no older that 11 or 12. Grubby, hard little kids who were most likely going to turn it into crack and sell it at school. She was allowed to carry on dealing regardless and her hash selling buddy got a visit from a copper warning him it was time to move on. I know. I arrived as the cop car left. "I don't know what's going on." He said. "That copper just told me they have plenty of photographs of me." I said "That's a friendly warning to move to a different pull-in." He was very slow in realising the cops knew everything and were just adjusting things to keep themselves out of trouble.

It would be laughable if it wasn't for the coke related heart attacks, the murders, and the effects on friends, neighbours and families.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join