It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cruise on a plane

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
OK, say want you want about Tom Cruise the person and the scientology crap, but props to Tom Cruise the actor for doing many of his own stunts to make it feel real for his audience, like this:

That's pretty ballsy.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: redtic

haha ya that is super ballsy....i hate flying under normal conditions let alone that

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   

I like Tom Cruise as a person (well what his public persona projects) and his acting. I'm not normally a media person like that, but there are a few of them that really are very talented indeed. Yes, that is very ballsy doing that stunt. Credit to him. He is a very talented action actor, very dynamic and has a huge screen presence.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   

I just pooped my pants watching that!

I have to fly all around the state of Alaska in horrible conditions and I knew I should've not clicked on it but I had to see it because I love Mission possible

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   
The man is good no doubt... Nutz but still.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 01:37 AM
link   

If I had all those coordinators and saftey experts making sure nothing bad was going to happen then hell ya I would do it! Did you notice the saftey equipment tethered to him? It's not like he was doing it without harnessing. What would you do for 20+ million dollars?

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   
INCREDIBLE stunt.

That said, seeing him do the interview rounds and somehow not aging, it struck me;

"Is Tom Cruise a Reptilian?"

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   
that stunt doesn't move me at all.

if he lets go for any reason he's not going anywhere he had a huge strap holding him to the door plus a steel cable half an inch thick designed to restrain a few ton's let alone the measly 165 pounds of wannabe Tom cruise is.

he's an actor not a real life badass. he isn't taking any real risks. Instead of idolizing him people should recognize him for what he is a well paid wannabe, a professional poser.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Not keen on him as a person, but he does make good movies.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I think he's bat s# crazy on a personal level but have had a tremendous amount of respect for him since the first time I saw Born on the 4th of July. When they were preparing to film that movie, Tom Cruise had tried getting his insurance company to allow him to be injected with something that would temporarily paralyze him so that he could have a better idea of what life was actually like for the character he was portraying. Because of the possibility of the paralysis becoming permanent, nobody would insure him and/or allow it to happen but the fact that he was willing to take method acting to THAT extreme in order to give a better performance(and persisted in trying to move forward AFTER being made aware of the extremity of the risks involved) was pretty impressive and ballsy as all hell to me.

new topics

top topics

join