It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooting with multiple fatalities at theater in Lafayette, Louisiana.

page: 27
<< 24  25  26   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: EternalSolace

That's a stance I can respect but unless I'm mistaken the original purpose of this line of the discussion was to take out the shooter.

If you're in the same theater with him and you're a potential victim, absolutely.

The odds that multiple permit holders would all be carrying in the same vicinity of an active shooter are so ridiculously small that it doesn't warrant concern. That's the point we're trying to make.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace
a reply to: Answer

That's not to say that if I were in the right place at the right time and had the complete drop on a shooter, I wouldn't stop him. But my point is that I'm not going to play "search & destroy" to do it instead of getting out... and neither should any person carrying concealed.

As always, it's situation dependent.

If I found myself near a school and heard shots being fired, I would absolutely play search & destroy but I have a background and training that the vast majority of shooters don't. I still might get killed but that is a risk I would absolutely take.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Answer

Answer...I am glad that you and I are on the same page. My questions were somewhat facetious to drum up a little Q and A. I used to conceal carry daily in Lafayette. I only stopped after my autistic son noticed such. He would ask the question and make comments at inappropriate times. It was something we couldn't work around. Now I have a G19 in a biometric case within the car, a Judge in the same safe bedside, and a small selection of toys within another safe.

At the end of the day. There is no right answer. Both sides will argue this 'til blue in the face. This is Sportsman Paradise. Our license plates boast it. A majority of us are bible thumping, 72 hour week working, tax paying citizens. We work hard and play hard. Please do not let this be a distraction labeling our Lafayette community. Y'all come eat some crawfish, alligator, and catfish down here. It's a beautiful unique place. Our prayers are with those families whom had loved ones pass. God Bless America. Regards, RUF

new topics

<< 24  25  26   >>

join