It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello, greetings, and salutations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Just wanted to say hello.
I hope to be a valuable contributor and look forward to engaging conversation.
One thing about ATS I find attractive is the diversity of topics which matches the diversity of my curiosities. I like to read a little bit about everything and enjoy doing research to find how true things really are.
I admit to being hesitant to start posting here on ATS for the same reasons I stopped posting on news groups and BBS back in the day. I really dislike trolls, phonies, BS, fools and generally bad actors. Another thing I like about ATS is it seems well moderated and from what I've seen the community of members seem to behave within established parameters, so that's another good thing.
Let me say Thank You! to all the mods in advance! I've done a few tours as admin/mod. It can be a thankless job.

About me? Here's my elevator pitch. I like helping people solve problems. Been doing that since I can remember. Currently I work in IT/TI (Information Technology/Technology Infrastructure) solving technical problems. I'm a veteran, USCG 80-88, ET/TT while it was still under the DOT as opposed to DHS. I started chasing conspiracies in the late 80's and I've found things are never as weird as people think. Ignorance, paranoia, and overactive imaginations fueled by the desire to raise others to the perceived level of emotional involvement(fear, anger, guilt) tends to bend and exaggerate truths. I like to straighten the truth wherever possible and endeavor to do it with finesse so as not to make anyone feel bad for being a dope in the first place. I'm less kind to those who deliberately mislead others by photo-shopping, copy-pasta-plagiarize, and inserting false information to create half truths to satisfy their own agenda regardless of what it is. Don't get me going on the charismatic speakers who do the same. I digress... I don't have a specific political alignment because I think they are all liars and I don't trust them. As a person one-on-one, according to friends I've had in the secret service, lots of politicians are real nice and we could get a long great over coffee or while fishing. But once they step up on that soapbox and puff their chests and don their current personae everything changes.

Best Regards,
Sherwood315

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Hello and welcome!!

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Sherwood315
Welcome here!

Look forward to see what you think about the various topics and stances you will take on some of the more controversial polarizing subjects; or not.

See ya...

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   
N

ice to meet you! Looking forward to your insight

top topics

join