It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GRAPHIC: Was Sandra Bland Mugshot Post-Mortem?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: LooseLipsSinkShips

Unfortunately, Sandra. Bland's lack of respect for authority and her lack of couth escalated this situation.

Maybe she got overly emotional and couldn't take it anymore...a city girl moving to the Deep South and is put into a horrible situation with a white cop. She is supposed to be starting a new job and she is in jail instead of at work? It would be a very emotional time for any human being.

nothing she did deserved how the leo reacted, his reaction was emotional he got pissed off because she did not put her cigarette out she was well within her rights to smoke in her car if he didn't like it he could have behaved differently he didn't have to let it come to the level it did...the last time I checked our country is not dictatorship(or is it?) numerous ways to handle the situation.she should not have been arrested at all.

. I live on the south side of Chicago so I see this lack of tact and social awareness on a daily basis. It just further perpetuates the notion that many blacks lack respect for education, authority, and social responsibility. Thus, further cementing statistics like 74% of black children are born out of wedlock and blacks represent 13% of the population but over 60% of the violent crimes in this Nation. It's not stereotyping,'it goes right to the core of black America, the family unit or lack thereof and the void of a black father.

your scenario has nothing to do with what happened to her ...are you kidding? the next time I get pulled over for a minor infraction this is how it should be handled because of the statistics of crime in the u.s? I should be held accountable for all the wrongs done in the country?

and lastly since when are plastic bags even allowed in jail cells? the whole story stinks and the statistics of cops killing innocent civilian are pretty staggering
176 civilians killed by police this year

According to new data released by the FBI this week, violent crime rates in America continue their steady but dramatic decline, ongoing since 1994. There were 1.16 million overall incidents of violent crime in 2013, which is the lowest total since 1978, when the population was just 222 million (compared to today's 317 million). Reports of negligent manslaughter were the lowest since 1968.

and

But there's one type of violence that is bucking the trend: civilian deaths at the hands of police. The FBI tallied 461 felony suspects killed by police in 2013, the highest total in two decades. And while FBI data is adequate to demonstrate a rising trend in police killings, it is notoriously incomplete: The data is all self-reported by police departments using a wide variety of methodologies, and it only includes felony suspects. One estimate based on media reports puts the number of civilians killed by police in 2013 as high as 1,700.

fbi stats

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: TWILITE22

Did she comply with a lawful (i.e. Legal) order to exit her vehicle?

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko

Did she comply with a lawful (i.e. Legal) order to exit her vehicle?

did you not read my post?

nothing she did deserved how the leo reacted, his reaction was emotional he got pissed off because she did not put her cigarette out she was well within her rights to smoke in her car if he didn't like it he could have behaved differently he didn't have to let it come to the level it did...the last time I checked our country is not dictatorship(or is it?) numerous ways to handle the situation.she should not have been arrested at all.
there so much wrong with how he handle the situation it wasn't his business to ask her what's wrong nor how long she was in Texas,nor where she was going.these questions had nothing to do with a traffic stop.so he again asks "are you ok?"she reply's... he says "you seem very irritated?" after she explain and answers the question,he asks "are you done"? this is where he escalates the situation and he becomes ticked off.then come the cigarette issue and he really comes unhinged.
So I would ask did he set her up for what came next I think so. In no way is this how professional officer should behave towards civilians.he went from polite but nosy when she didn't comply he flipped.
all he had to do was step away from the smoke and hand her the ticket...it's not that hard,but that's isn't what he did he got emotional and flipped out.It was not a lawful order for her to exit the vehicle based on the "question" he asked to put out her cigarette.this show the officer coming unhinged then he threatens her with "I will light you up"

Supreme court says

a stop may be extended if the officer uncovers new evidence that provides reasonable suspicion that a suspect has committed some other crime, but cigarette smoking is legal so that could not have justified extending the length of the stop.

and

The first is just how rapidly Encinia escalated this confrontation. The officer never gives Bland a direct order to extinguish the cigarette — his exact words to her are “you mind putting out your cigarette, please, if you don’t mind?” So, even if Encinia did have the lawful authority to demand that she put out the cigarette, Bland reasonably could have viewed this as a request that she could refuse. When Bland did refuse, Encinia immediately orders her out of the car without taking the intermediate step of actually ordering her to put out the cigarette. This rapid escalation extended the length of the stop without a clear justification for doing so.

then he goes and lies about it

Additionally, Trooper Encinia did not mention the argument over the cigarette (or the fact that he pulled his stun gun) in his official incident report. If Encinia truly believed that the lit cigarette was a danger to his safety that offered a legal justification for his actions, then it is unlikely that he would not have mentioned it in the report.

Supreme court comments

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Here is where you are completely wrong:

1) He can't ask her what is wrong: Yes he can, anyone can ask anyone if they are OK
2) He can't ask her how long she has been in Texas: Yes he can, it is illegal to continue to hold and out of state license if your permanent residence is a different state and has been so for more than XX days, depending on the state.
3) Again, he witnessed her run a stop sign, and then make an illegal lane change. He could have been asking questions to determine if she was under the influence of any substance.
4) Why do you think the stop was extended? It wasn't. She was never given nor signed the ticket. You fell for a bait hook line and sinker, even your source says:

By the time Encinia asks Bland to put out her cigarette, the “mission” of his encounter with Bland is almost at completion.

So your own source is saying the stop wasn't over. Just that it was "almost" over...

And yes, Sandra does claim she was trying to sign the ticket, but you can watch the video for yourself. The officer never gets a chance to explain the ticket and she never has a pen or anything to sign it with. The ticket nor the pen ever leave the officers hands.

So keep up the ignorance, it suits you.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   
What is the point of arguing this? Clearly Sandra was looking for a fight, and she found one. It's called a "self fulfilled prophecy". She knew exactly what she was doing, she was giving the cop a hard time on purpose. Have you guys seen her personal videos? She talks as if she planned this, and was trying to be a martyr.

Its all pointless debate at this time. Shes dead. One less idiot on the road who runs stops signs (putting others in danger), changes lanes without signals (putting others in danger), smokes in peoples faces (putting others in danger), and starts fights with cops (puts herself in danger). Good riddance.

#hadtosayit
edit on 30-7-2015 by WeAre0ne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

No, it wasnt. Its a stupid premise.

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join