It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GRAPHIC: Was Sandra Bland Mugshot Post-Mortem?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   
This is seemingly just beginning on Twitter and I couldn't find any news sources to be able to put this in the Breaking News forum. I assume here would be the correct alternative forum.

Twitter is becoming increasingly active with #JusticeForSandraBland, and a seemingly suspicious image of an "unedited" mugshot showing the victim Post-mortem.

The suggestion is that she was already deceased when her "mugshot" was taken.

I've attempted to confirm the validity of the image, but I can't seem to locate any information about where it came from or whether it is genuine or a manipulation of the original.

However, several relevant questions are being asked about this, and several things are extremely suspicious about the "official" originally released mugshot.

1. Other mugshots from that same jail have a different background, only hers has the one depicted, which is remarkably similar to the color of the floor of her cell (claimed)

2. Her hair has fallen back from her face. We know from the video footage that her hair was long enough to fall over her forehead when standing.

3. The shadow in the "mugshot" seems to show her either laying down, or leaning right up against a wall with light coming from the left of the image (her right), other mugshots from that jail do not show this. (claimed)

4. She is wearing an orange uniform, something not usually done when booking in at the time of the picture supposedly being taken.

5. The level of her shoulders seem to suggest a laying position, with clothing falling back, not a standing position with clothing hanging from the shoulders.

6. It is claimed that the cheeks also suggest laying back rather than standing

In addition to the observations made about the photo, there are other problems with this case and the claims made by the police department.

1. Police claimed the cell was untouched when the photographs were taken of the interior for release, but there is clearly a trash can with a bag in it. Clearly they replaced the bag she supposedly used to take her own life.

2. Sandra supposedly used a black trash bag, the one in the bin in the photo is white.

3. Sandra supposedly hung herself from the partition into the shower cubicle, a height of approximately 5 feet, Sarah was almost 6 feet tall.

I am willing to reserve judgment on the photo and its credibility. Anyone could have altered the original mugshot image to make it appear there had been a "leak" of an alternative.

However, I cannot disagree with the observations about that released mugshot. It does indeed appear that she is laying down, and it does indeed appear that her mugshot is entirely different to the mugshots taken of other detainees at that jail. Even the quality of the image is different, the format of the frame, the lighting, the positioning of her body, the angle of her head... everything about that mugshot tells me she is not standing, she it laying on the ground.

We have to consider that someone at that jail, or someone with access to that photo, may have released it to assist in gaining justice for her. I am not entirely sold on that idea, but there is little doubt in my mind having seen that image that she was already deceased when her "mugshot" was taken.

This, of course, means that there would need to be a wider conspiracy here, involving numerous individuals within that police department.

I have no links to share other than the current Twitter discussions, as it seems no one is reporting on this development yet.

Twitter
edit on 23-7-2015 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I put some links to what your saying in this thread www.abovetopsecret.com...
page 5

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

Her hair, shadows, background and everything appear to be identical in both pictures.
Looks to me like they took two mug shots and one of them caught her mid blink.
edit on 23-7-2015 by ShadowLink because: apparently I can't spell today.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   

It's not impossible to hang yourself from a point shorter than yourself. It just makes it easier to botch it.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ShadowLink

Do your eyes roll up into your head when you blink? I know they do when sleeping, but no idea if they do when you blink. It doesn't feel like it, to me, though.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: pfishy

Maybe she is looking upwards and blinking?
I know for a fact your eyes don't always roll up when you're dead.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   
1) is there proof that the one mugshot is edited? Like has somebody gone and said "yes this edited and here's proof of it" or is it "she looks dead they must've edited it" speculation?

2) she looks sedated or drugged to me

3) most people have awful mugshots, so there's that too. Booking isn't glamour shots

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   
marynvera.tumblr.com...
twitter.com...
twitter.com...

Here are few more links to view photos.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ShadowLink

Very possible as well. I was just curious about the blinking thing, by the way. Not knocking your idea.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ShadowLink

Her hair, shadows, background and everything appear to be identical in both pictures.
Looks to me like they took two mug shots and one of them caught her mid blink.

That's what I think. The eye rolling pic is most likely the first pic taken and when they realized her eyes weren't straight then another pic was taken to correct that.

I'm sure she wasn't happy being arrested so maybe she was eye rolling when she blinked.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Just a reminder: I'm not really debating the validity of that second "unedited" mugshot, I clearly state that it can't be verified and there is no reason right now to believe it is a genuinely "leaked" original.

That's not what I'm aiming for with this thread.

More importantly, this is about the other evidence even in the "official" mugshot.

She does not seem to be in a standing position, her shoulders are in the wrong position. The clothing is laying back over her shoulders, not hanging from them. The shadow is consistent with a person laying on the ground, not a person standing in front of a wall (not against it, as is standard procedure). Her hair is not consistent with standing, but consistent with laying on her back. The color of the wall is not consistent with other photos from that jail. The release of a profile image is ridiculous at best and so dark it's unrecognizable as being her.

There are a lot of things about the official mugshot which do not make sense, regardless of whether anyone here thinks the "unedited" one is genuine or not.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   
No.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I remember thinking when I first saw the " official" mugshot...

Looks like her right arm is outstretched... Where's her right shoulder bend?

Not saying I agree that the pic is shopped. This is only what I noticed.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Apologies for causing the thread to drift.

I'll agree that she may look like she's laying down but it's impossible to prove one way or the other. It could just be the way she is standing.

With normal lighting I would agree that the shadow is odd, however with front lighting that shadow makes perfect sense.

I fail to see your point with here hair. On your link there is more than one picture of her in a definite upright position and her hair is similar to the mug shot.

Not really arguing your points I just think most of them are too difficult to prove one way or the other with so little evidence available to us.

I would not however be surprised in the least had foul play and manipulation of evidence by the police been proven.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wetpaint72
Not saying I agree that the pic is shopped. This is only what I noticed.

Precisely, this is not about the shopping of the second mugshot, this is about the suspicious inconsistent aspects of the originally released "official" mugshot, and the fact that it looks as though she's laying on her back and not standing close to a wall.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   
You guys keep talking about her eyes like she is just blinking or looking up. How does that explain the rest of her face looking different?

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Side/profile shot would answer a lot.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Should she be in an orange jump suit during booking? Is that normal?

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo
Would be interesting to superimpose the two.
It's nearly impossible to hold the exact same pose in two photos.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: Shamrock6

Should she be in an orange jump suit during booking? Is that normal?

That's what I asking.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join