It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clockwork 666

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: DISRAELI
You know, I thought about that. That someone would point out that the OP in no specific terms claimed to be a believer in Christ. However.

OP placed this thread in this forum.
OP is doing obscure research into a Christian myth assembled from Biblical references
OP seems to be attempting to find validity in this arcane and cryptic Biblical message
OP seems to believe in prophesy as OP speaks of false prophesy. hence real prophesy
So I ask myself another question. Since OP is intent upon bringing to light what OP may consider to be a hidden message in Christian symbolism, breaking it down into not only hours and minutes but seconds also typical town clocks were placed on the Pope's steeple, I kinda figured that OP was rather Christian oriented.

OH, and don't forget OP's avatar which is loaded with Christian symbolism.

Now, having read a few of OP's replies, I find a whole bunch more Biblical references that from my experience, non-christians would not bother with. Hence, I suppose that the OP is a follower of Christ.

What do you think?

I dont think the op is onto anything but the thread stands and falls by what he explains.

Your reply, based on nothing other than complaining

Go stand in front of a mirror and take a long hard look at yourself and ask
What the hell am I doing here.

What are you doing in this thread

Think about it

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Utnapisjtim

Well color me goofed. My curiosity was peaked by the depth to which you have gone to demonstrate, exactly what?
Anyone can take an analogue clock and demonstrate that such and such is such and such without bringing in the 666 reference?
Anyone can take a deck of cards and demonstrate patterns of dealing which maybe have some kind of meaning to someone some where. But so what? Who cares?

And now I look at y our avatar more closely. And I see it as you describe. Again I was mistaken. But you see you use a sheep, the symbol of Christians and there around it's head is what appears to be a halo to those who have to squint to see properly. And there in the corner is a, I guess it is a fleur de lis which again is easily mistaken for a fancy cross.

And the thread was moved to this forum by a moderator. So I see I was completely mistaken in my original assumptions. But you can see how I arrived at them.

But you will also notice my original reply

Is this an example of the lengths to which some believers in Christ will go to find cryptic meaning in their belief system?

I asked rather than stating a position because I could find no other reason for delving so far into such arcane scripture.

But what I really don't understand why are you even interested in all of this. You seem to be making an attempt to validate Christian mythology rather than debunk it. Throughout your replies you speak in terms of Christian prophesy and biblical reference which it meaningless to many who are not Christian.

I just don't understand.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: borntowatch

If you want you can read my reply to OP just above this post.
You will notice that my first reply was a question springing from my confoundedness at what the post was all about suggesting that it might be an example of Christian tomfoolery.

Then another asked how I had arrived at the assumption that the OP was Christian to which I replied with my observations.

I agree, that from my point of view, from the things that motivate me, that the thread will stand or die on its own. I was interested in the why of it all.

You see my reply as complaining yet even that is a mystery to me, how you arrived at that evaluation.

You then tell me to look in a mirror? Do you mean that I might find the log in my own eye rather than the mote in anothers? Is that it? You want me to take a long hard look? What do you expect me to find? That I was complaining? or what?

And what am I doing in this thread? Right now I am attempting to reply to you after having addressed OP in as open and civil a manner as I know how. How about you?

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: r0xor

originally posted by: Utnapisjtim
since the width of our palm on arms length covers 1/36th of a full turn

So if i stretch my arm out to the left or right all the way and stick out my hand, it completes 1/36th of a circle? So 36 palms side by side (touching) in a circular pattern would make a complete circle all the way around the human being who's palm is being used?

Are you sure about that? Do you have/can you find an illustration for that?

It's quite simple. According to the old measures the length of your forearm equals one cubit, which is six hands. A cubit on arms length is 1/6th of the horizon. 6 x 6 = 36. I think I have made a drawing of this before. Here:

PS: Measures in the pic are estimates based on my own body measures

Not entirely accurate, but you get the point. ETA: I have to do this measure thing all over, looks like a cubit on arm's length would be about 36° or 1/10th of a circle. I'll have to check the numbers and make a new drawing. But a hand's breadth on arm's length is supposed to equal 10° of the horizon, these numbers don't add up with the drawing above. I'll have to check over. Trigonometry isn't my thing I have to admit.

since the width of our palm on arms length covers 1/36th of a full turn, and the width of our palm typically equals the height of our forehead and the width between your eyes, and it takes 36 of these measures on arm's length to cover a full circle; add the numbers from 1 through 36 and you get 666. First six Roman numerals: I + V + X + L + C + D = DCLXVI = 666

So 666 is the secretly derived number of the measurement of any anatomically correct human being on the face of the Earth?

Not so secret, but aye, it's been part of our measures used in geometry, geography and astronomy etc for as long as we have had civilisation.

Or, does it imply, that the beast might look exactly like a human being, within the proportions of this measurement process, but not be human? while still being given "breath" with the ability to speak and slay?

The beast is kings and emperors, they claim their right to rule is divinely ordained. Above aristocracy are the kings and queens. Above the royals are the emperors and empresses. Above them again, the Pope sits on his arse sporting no less than three crowns on his head. Divine decadence and megalomania if you ask me.

Like, a realistic robot or a shapeshifting demon, lol. Okay, # just got corny.

So what's new....

edit on 23-7-2015 by Utnapisjtim because: PS plus second pic

edit on 23-7-2015 by Utnapisjtim because: ETA + removed second pic

ETA2: Argh, here, according to this page the hand equals approximately 10 arc degrees, or 1/36th of the horizon:

oneminuteastronomer.com...

edit on 23-7-2015 by Utnapisjtim because: eta2

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Why are you even discussing this? Are you saying I should make a thread about 666 and then completely evade it to please you and other people who has nothing constructive to add other than speculation and sobbing. What if I entered a thread where they spoke of gravity, and I went all flat Earth and naturally the apple falls to the ground, it's falling downwards and below it is the ground? Please, if you have no idea what I am talking about, try educating yourself before you jump in all up like the lion down like a furry coat, or just leave.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Why are you even discussing this? Are you saying I should make a thread about 666 and then completely evade it to please you and other people who has nothing constructive to add other than speculation and sobbing. What if I entered a thread where they spoke of gravity, and I went all flat Earth and naturally the apple falls to the ground, it's falling downwards and below it is the ground? Please, if you have no idea what I am talking about, try educating yourself before you jump in all up like the lion down like a furry coat, or just leave.

Why am I even discussing this? I already told you. I was interested in what the heck you were getting on about. Did I not make that clear in my last reply?

I am not saying you should make a thread about 666 to please anyone.
Then you accuse me of being non constructive and I ask again, what and why is this something to pay attention to.
Then you accuse me of sobbing. Sobbing? Because I admitted my errors ? Where to you get sobbing?

Now, had you posted a flat earth thread I would have ignored it completely.

And finally, you say.

if you have no idea what I am talking about, try educating yourself before you jump in all up like the lion down like a furry coat, or just leave

That is what I was trying to do. Educate myself. But as you have pointed out all of this is your own research I thought you the best person to ask to help in that education.

If I was walking down the road and someone was looking under one of a zillion rocks and said "Hey, come look at this" I would stop and ask that person "WHY?" That is all I was doing. But for some reason you think that I am acting like the lion or something?

Once again, my original reply was stated as a question. A question. Sure, maybe a question biased by my own curiosity about the gyrations of a Christian mind, but as you are not a Christian, I just don't understand why this is interesting at all. That is all I was asking. You want me to leave? After accusation after accusation from you and others about MY intent? All I have done is reply with no accusation at all, or do you read accusation in my words too?
No don't answer that. That will only bring me back to reply once again and once again ask WHY

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Fine, talk to the hand or something.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Fine?
Talk to the hand?
Have you not listened to a word I have said? Have you not listened to one question I have asked?
I have almost pleaded with you to explain what your arcane discoveries are all about and yet you seem unable to do much more than tell me to shut up and go away. Is'nt that what talk to the hand means?
Well, as I said in my last reply, Don't answer this reply or I will be forced to reply again. Can that be any clearer?
Oh, yeah I almost forgot. WHY???

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 12:07 AM
link   

It's quite simple. According to the old measures the length of your forearm equals one cubit, which is six hands. A cubit on arms length is 1/6th of the horizon. 6 x 6 = 36. I think I have made a drawing of this before. Here:

Interestingly, you seem to be correct in all of your calculations. I have always been terrible at math so it took me a minute.

So is it just a coincidence that there are 36 chambers of Shaolin? lol

TOP DEFINITION
36 CHAMBERS
2. There are 36 'death-points' on the body, each seperated from the other at 10 degree intervals, where the trained Wu expert can cause death at a single blow.
www.urbandictionary.com...

There's your 10 degrees again as well. But not only that, the diagram you shared shows a fist being equivalent to 10 degrees, and I'm referring to a hand to hand martial art. Coincidence? I'm not so sure anymore, I'm starting to think some people have a knack for lining up or associating certain numbers, events, people, and/or things in such a way that it's almost a unconscious game that they unknowingly play with themselves. I mean, I know I find it naturally amusing and find myself doing it more often without realizing it. Is that me choosing to be ignorant, or noticing and denying self ignorance of thought?

As far as "The Beast" of Revelation goes, symbolically, people throughout the ages can figuratively be "The Beast", but there's only one final beast at the time of Armageddon.

The part that always haunted me was that it says "The Beast" isn't even quite "real", it's just an image, it's something that has to has life basically "breathed" into it if you will for it to even be able to say things and have people killed. Almost like an empowered entity that does not harness its' power from itself inherently, but rather has to have the power "given" to it, through some process or series of events.

It's something that, until it is present, would seem unreal or unrealistic, which is what I get from all of the "and was, and still is, and is not" and all that jazz. But then it appears and starts killing people the world over, gets away with it, and dominates to the point of Jesus Christ having to return to Earth at the perfect appointed time to .. well .. save our spirits, I guess by ushering in the Final Judgement and Satan + The Beast being thrown into the lake of fire, the 'second death' etc.
edit on 7/24/2015 by r0xor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: r0xor

Well, the typical circular clock is a base-60 calculus computer.

See the light yet?

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Hello, sorry to drag this back up but I have been away for a few days, and while I have caught up (and still feel how I stated earlier) I think I was rude to say you were trolling and would like to apologize.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Learningman

No problem man. I've had much worse coming from others in these forums.

Peace man

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: r0xor

I see the Beast as government i.e. European/Imperial royalty, the Pseudo-prophet being priesthood i.e. pope, while The Dragon, I understand as being military/war. Three power entities. Secular law (kings and govs), religious doctrine (priesthood and religion) and finally martial law (military complex and war).

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Again not agreeing, but the trinity of the devil would make sense as a perversion of the, shall we say, more positive trinity.

In classical works involving a dystopia there is often a similar trinity of 'evil' with government, the priest class and the martial class, (often at odds with each other as well, but that fits the 'father of lies' idea of the beast) and i cant see any better allegory for the beast than a self confining dystopia.

Its almost a meta-story in as much as it has infulenced fiction so heavily you can find computer games, films, modern sci-fi and fantasy that adheres to the trope so much its hardly noticable, as it is kinda expexted, like the hero overcoming internal struggles, or getting the girl and so on.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Learningman

Indeed. The Dragon is the 'godhead' of this shall we say 'dark triad', the Beast would be the 'son' or the 'king', 'the chosen one'. But that's when I start getting hiccups with this mirror-image or shadow-trinity. Firstly. The trinity-doctrine of the Church isn't really that old, and apart from the 'comma' ('comma Johanneum' a proven forgery) there isn't much backing up this rationalisation or 'divine business-model' in the Bible or Scripture. It's a medieval product of the Catholic Church, much like 'the seven deadly sins' and why there are four gospels and not three or seven or 30. It's rationalisation and division, some way of explaining why there is disagreement and duality, why things don't really work, division and well, it looks good on paper as some sort of divine business-structure or hierarchy. It sort of makes sense where there ain't much sense present. Some sort of balance or structure where there really is none. I believe it was inspired by the Indian Brama-Vishnu-Shiva (Creator-Maintainer-Destroyer) idea-- just a way of modelling some sort of mechanism for the status quo or some equilibrium or fixed structure for the business of Heaven.

For there are far more than three points in this 'dark power complex'. There is Babylon. There is the Destroyer. There are the beasts, there are hordes of dark angels and demons-- it's pointless I think. If there is a trinity concept anywhere, it is dark or human in itself no matter how we put it, the whole idea of setting limits for the divine is draconian.

But you're right of course, it's all over the place, and it's evident in popular culture and all the 'ways of the world', but I don't think God or the Devil for that matter are really interested in sharing their power in any way. The way I see it it's a matter of divide and conquer. A sort of fractional rationalisation of something that is initially completely irrational in its very nature. But then again, that would be just another way of making sense of the senseless. The way I see it, religion and human power structures is Satan, while the Forces of Nature is God. Then there are kings and prophets, good and bad ones and all sorts of spirits and meta-creations. The Trinity per se, it's the old Adam (Father), Cain (Son) and Abel (Breath/Spirit) with Seth being born as Abel's keeper to reestablish Abel's bloodline.
edit on 27-7-2015 by Utnapisjtim because: Last line

top topics

<< 1   >>

join