It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clockwork 666

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Should possibly add that typically the town's clock was placed atop the Pope's local steeple. Ring a bell?
edit on 23-7-2015 by Utnapisjtim because: Updated the pic.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Utnapisjtim

Could you maybe link, instead of the paintshop pro image?

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: wacco

No link, my own research

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   

elaborate please

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: wacco

There's a slight mistake in the OP, Fixing it right now. I forgot the two hours (horn means corner or angle, and a clock has 12 hours/horns). At two o'clock (two horns) the angle between the two hands is 60° or 1/6th of a full turn, for the long hand of the clock to become parallell with the short one, it takes 666 seconds. I'll update the pic. Since it's turned out to be a slightly false prophecy, given I forgot to say 666 seconds after two o'clock

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Is this an example of the lengths to which some believers in Christ will go to find cryptic meaning in their belief system?

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire
Where in the OP do you see any reference to believing in Christ?

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   

The earliest Bibles written in Hebrew, are found to refer to the number of the beast as 616, some scholars arguing even for the number being 626 due to incorrect translations, with later Bibles and Torahs furthering the mistranslation to the point of the KJV referring to 'six hundred threescore and six' (apparently for no reason).

How does this well known fact figure into your hypothesis?

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   
This here is the prophecy:

And it was allowed to give breath to the image of the beast, so that the image of the beast might even speak and might cause those who would not worship the image of the beast to be slain. [ESV] Revelation 13:15

Clocks are animated machines, and if you didn't come to church when the bell rang back in the Dark Ages, you'd risk ending up burnt or quartered in the town square. Similarly, if there is a war or similar and martial law is enforced, and there is a curfew, simply being out at the wrong hour might have you legally killed.

Also it causes all, both small and great, both rich and poor, both free and slave, to be marked on the right hand or the forehead, so that no one can buy or sell unless he has the mark [...][ESV] Revelation 13:17

Try keeping a business without caring about time and calendars. Time is money, and we keep our clocks on our hands and keep track of time in our heads.

This calls for wisdom: let the one who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man, and his number is 666. [ESV] Revelation 13:18

The Beast is royalty and secular power in our societies. The False Prophet is the Priesthood superpower AKA the Pope. And in the center of his worship is Time and the Sun, and the Beast (The Roman Empire and European royalty), or, rather, the kings making up the Beast— incarnations of the Sun, and carries totems like lions, leopards and bears.
edit on 23-7-2015 by Utnapisjtim because: typos

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Learningman

The earliest Bibles written in Hebrew, are found to refer to the number of the beast as 616, some scholars arguing even for the number being 626 due to incorrect translations, with later Bibles and Torahs furthering the mistranslation to the point of the KJV referring to 'six hundred threescore and six' (apparently for no reason).

Yes, and Lat. IESVS in Hebrew gematria equals 616. They are both right. 616 was the original, the number of the human sacrifice, Jesus, whom the Church teaches us died for us to live, and came back to life, while in fact, Jesus survived the crucifixion. When the Church changed 616 into 666 they fulfilled the prophecy concerning the number, for by changing 10 to 60, the curse of the Earth was extended to include not just Jesus («one for all» kind of mentality), but every living soul (or «All for one», honorable at least on paper eh?), since the width of our palm on arms length covers 1/36th of a full turn, and the width of our palm typically equals the height of our forehead and the width between your eyes, and it takes 36 of these measures on arm's length to cover a full circle; add the numbers from 1 through 36 and you get 666. First six Roman numerals: I + V + X + L + C + D = DCLXVI = 666
edit on 23-7-2015 by Utnapisjtim because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   
deep...
edit on 23-7-2015 by Lazarus Short because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Then why did you not mention this and only fit it into your hypothesis?

I dont mean to be rude but it seems you are grasping at numerology and happy to use any connection to fit your idea, especially the usage of Roman numerals to justify the change from 10 to 6, when if any numbers were to be changed, surely using Hebrew counting systems would have made more sense.

I feel like i have been trolled.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Learningman

Because I am not preaching, simply doing some maths and then relating it to 2000 year old fragments of ambiguous prophecies. Time changes all the time, as in this case, time changes everything, even fulfilling prophecies. Everything is relative. First Jesus was sacrificed, cursed in our place, but the scribes of the Church edited the text, in due time, for history and the mystery to be untangled to fulfil the prophecy, by moving the curse from Jesus to the vitruvian man, all humankind. Ring a bell again? I believe the scroll with seven seals is the original manuscript of the Apocalypse. I think the half hour pause in Heaven after the Lamb has opened it, is the time it takes for the Lamb and the Elders to examine the scroll and pass verdict on the Truth of it all.
edit on 23-7-2015 by Utnapisjtim because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Then why did you not mention this and only fit it into your hypothesis?

I dont mean to be rude but it seems you are grasping at numerology and happy to use any connection to fit your idea, especially the usage of Roman numerals to justify the change from 10 to 6, when if any numbers were to be changed, surely using Hebrew counting systems would have made more sense.

I feel like i have been trolled.

I think this may be an idea in germination, not trolling.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI
You know, I thought about that. That someone would point out that the OP in no specific terms claimed to be a believer in Christ. However.

OP placed this thread in this forum.
OP is doing obscure research into a Christian myth assembled from Biblical references
OP seems to be attempting to find validity in this arcane and cryptic Biblical message
OP seems to believe in prophesy as OP speaks of false prophesy. hence real prophesy
So I ask myself another question. Since OP is intent upon bringing to light what OP may consider to be a hidden message in Christian symbolism, breaking it down into not only hours and minutes but seconds also typical town clocks were placed on the Pope's steeple, I kinda figured that OP was rather Christian oriented.

OH, and don't forget OP's avatar which is loaded with Christian symbolism.

Now, having read a few of OP's replies, I find a whole bunch more Biblical references that from my experience, non-christians would not bother with. Hence, I suppose that the OP is a follower of Christ.

What do you think?

edit on 31America/ChicagoThu, 23 Jul 2015 12:21:05 -0500Thu, 23 Jul 2015 12:21:05 -050015072015-07-23T12:21:05-05:001200000021 by TerryMcGuire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire
All these things are true of many people on this forum who play games with combining Biblical texts with other religious references, looking for entertaining ideas rather than religious truth.
The trendy school of New Age Gnostics do all these things as well as Christians.
You know that as well as I do, which is why you guessed that somebody would bring it up.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   

You're refering to the New Testament, which was written in Greek. In the Hebrew Old Testament, it states that in one year, Solomon raked in 666 talents of gold. So there you have it, 666 is in both OT and NT.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
You know, I thought about that. That someone would point out that the OP in no specific terms claimed to be a believer in Christ. However.

I believe Jesus of Nazareth was a historical person. I have had my dealings with religion, but apart from that I don't consider myself to be religious. I don't believe in what the Church teaches, their sacraments and their catechism. As far as I'm concerned, Jesus was the grandson of Julius Caesar.

Wrong, the mods moved it from the Conspiracies in Religion

OP is doing obscure research into a Christian myth assembled from Biblical references
OP seems to be attempting to find validity in this arcane and cryptic Biblical message
OP seems to believe in prophesy as OP speaks of false prophesy. hence real prophesy
So I ask myself another question. Since OP is intent upon bringing to light what OP may consider to be a hidden message in Christian symbolism, breaking it down into not only hours and minutes but seconds also typical town clocks were placed on the Pope's steeple, I kinda figured that OP was rather Christian oriented.

Are you saying that let's say a writer or a journalist is part of any conspiracy he may reveal?

It's a sheep with a spear looking over it's shoulder. How is this Christian symbology? Isn't it rather mockery against a Church that has forced us to be cursed with this crap? What part of Iconoclast Magus shows Christian symbology? Last time I checked the Church used to burn such critics in the town square.

Now, having read a few of OP's replies, I find a whole bunch more Biblical references that from my experience, non-christians would not bother with. Hence, I suppose that the OP is a follower of Christ.

What do you think?

Why would it matter? I don't go to church, I don't expect people to live by bronze age justice or keep slaves and walk around with towels on their heads supporting ideas of animal or human sacrifice. As far as I am concerned, this is mere research into ancient enigmas. If people choose to live by it, what is that to me?

«Am I my brother's keeper?»

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Utnapisjtim
since the width of our palm on arms length covers 1/36th of a full turn

So if i stretch my arm out to the left or right all the way and stick out my hand, it completes 1/36th of a circle? So 36 palms side by side (touching) in a circular pattern would make a complete circle all the way around the human being who's palm is being used?

Are you sure about that? Do you have/can you find an illustration for that?

originally posted by: Utnapisjtim
since the width of our palm on arms length covers 1/36th of a full turn, and the width of our palm typically equals the height of our forehead and the width between your eyes, and it takes 36 of these measures on arm's length to cover a full circle; add the numbers from 1 through 36 and you get 666. First six Roman numerals: I + V + X + L + C + D = DCLXVI = 666

So 666 is the secretly derived number of the measurement of any anatomically correct human being on the face of the Earth?

Or, does it imply, that the beast might look exactly like a human being, within the proportions of this measurement process, but not be human? while still being given "breath" with the ability to speak and slay?

Like, a realistic robot or a shapeshifting demon, lol. Okay, # just got corny.

edit on 7/23/2015 by r0xor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

Hence, I suppose that the OP is a follower of Christ.
What do you think?

He's a witch; burn him at the stake!

edit on 7/23/2015 by r0xor because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join