It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 Mind Blowing Hypocrisies Straight from the Headlines

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   
So, I was procrastinating on cleaning the house and browsing Huffington Post and came across these gems:
Anti Planned Parenthood
Basically lawmakers pulled a bill that would help veterans receive fertility help due to the fact that Republicans so vehemently oppose sending one dime to Planned Parenthood....even to HELP with fertility. And it's not even like there are millions of dollars paying for abortions or something, there was ONE charge for $900 that POSSIBLY went to a Planned Parenthood....to help a veteran with FERTILITY.

So, Republicans are so determined to save unborn babies that they are preventing veterans (who, may I remind you, have dedicated their LIVES to this country) from receiving help with fertility treatments that would produce much wanted and much loved unborn babies.

But wait, it gets better:
Social Security will Run Dry
The government is claiming that SS will run out in late 2016. Aww man, we must be completely out of money.

Um...but according to this:
Congressional Research Service Report
We spent $3,115,000,000 in aid to Israel in 2014 alone! Please feel free to double check me, I found that figure on a chart on page 29 of the report. I had to double check myself because the chart says "$3,115" but the chart was referring to MILLIONS. So that would make $3 BILLION, 115 MILLION dollars...in 2014 alone. Over $124 BILLION since 1997.

Note to government: Screw you guys. Man, seriously, just when I thought you couldn't possibly be more wasteful and retarded...you go and surprise me once more. Hope you're happy with yourselves, cuz I have no idea how you can sleep at night.

edit on 23-7-2015 by ladyvalkyrie because: argghhhh math!

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: ladyvalkyrie

I think 3,115 million would be over 3 Billion a year not trillion to Israel in 2014 alone.

But point taken.. I completely agree

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Don't fall for the ruse. Conservatives are absolutely not pro life. Anyone with two unprogrammed brain cells can see that.

It's .... about .... control.

Authoritarians keep a mental score that counts the number of people they perceive themselves to have control over. This mental score is proportional to their self-worth. Guns are a form of physical control. Discrimination is a form of systemic control.

Want to meet a truly angry person? Find a middle aged white man with authority over no one. Zip. Zero. Not the wife, not the kids, no one at work and can't afford a proper gun collection. You'll see true rage.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: HighFive

Thank you! You are right, it is now fixed. I start getting confused once I get past the millions mark...too many zeros.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Try divorcing abortion from your brain cells for one second and think about this. Corruption happens. It happens to every organization from the religious, to the charitable, to the governmental, to the educational, to the scientific. Anywhere that humans and money cross paths, corruption happens, and where humans, money and politics cross paths ... it is triply likely.

Has it occurred to anyone that maybe, just maybe Planned Parenthood's time has come?

Look at the threads on here about Wounded Warriors and how they've lost their way and mission. I saw a story about how the government was shutting down a children's leukemia foundation because it was discovered that only maybe $1 of the donations actually went to patients and the rest went down the memory hole.

And yet somehow Planned Parenthood is immune to corruption because they carry out that most sacred of all cows - abortion?

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

Oh, I'm not falling for any ruse, trust me. "Pro-Life"rs are so anti-life, it would be comical if it weren't so sad. But I'm sick of the abortion threads. I made this thread to point out the complete lunacy of these 2 articles.

I just can't believe they're blocking fertility treatments for veterans because some of the money may go to PP!

I don't get the whole blocking of PP in the first place. I've been there many times. For birth control, for checkups and female issues. It costs roughly half what a regular doctor costs. There were times I had insurance but went there because it was still cheaper. I had no idea they even did abortions, and none of the clinics I ever went to did that. They do an awesome public service. What are Repubs going to substitute them with? Government run clinics? Yeah because the government is soooo efficient and good at running businesses. Women would be dying of yeast infections before they could even get in for an appointment.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Not an abortion thread. Stay on topic.

My point was that lawmakers are wasting time and $ haggling over a bill because $900 MAY have gone to PP. Thereby preventing veterans from receiving fertility treatments.

A side note of that is that the VA is sending these veterans to outside sources because THEY can't handle it. In general (not just in vaginal health) the gov does a piss poor job of providing care for our veterans. It's friggin shameful.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Sure, let's just decree that an organization is corrupt because we don't like them.

Republicans have been after PP for years. It's actually NOT just abortion.

It's anything that smacks of social safety nets, healthcare, education and provision of birth control measures, etc.

There's a problem in this country standing in the way of autocratic theocracy that many Republicans so desire; the rule of law.

I'm sorry, personally, that you have so little faith in anyone that doesn't share your political beliefs, Ketsuko.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Sure, let's just decree that an organization is corrupt because we don't like them.

Republicans have been after PP for years. It's actually NOT just abortion.

It's anything that smacks of social safety nets, healthcare, education and provision of birth control measures, etc.

There's a problem in this country standing in the way of autocratic theocracy that many Republicans so desire; the rule of law.

I'm sorry, personally, that you have so little faith in anyone that doesn't share your political beliefs, Ketsuko.

actually there are plenty of other birth control companies out there NOT providing abortions, that are being left alone.......

Its not like they just sell condoms and the pill, and fertility issues, with a little abortion side business.......

Cognitive dissonance..........

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   

That we can agree on. It's too bad the government is also corrupt as hell.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Well if it runs dry, they better send a check to every American who paid into it for all these years. If they don't, they're going to have a lot of fuming mad American citizens marching on Washington. They've been dipping into social security for years and allocating money to people who didn't pay a cent into it! If the average American did this it would be called criminal embezzlement.

It's about time they stop using taxpayer's money for foreign Aid, over the top military spending and pork barrel spending projects. American citizens have a right to demand their needs at home is the main priority for spending their hard earned tax dollars!

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Its not like they just sell condoms and the pill, and fertility issues, with a little abortion side business.......

Actually, that's exactly what PP does. Only 3% of their services are abortions. They provide many more services for men and women that are rarely talked about because of the abortion issue.

I believe what the OP is talking about is that the Right claims they are pro-veteran and pro-freedom, yet fall short on that claim when a veteran chooses to receive services from an institution they do not like....even if it's not an abortion.

That is where the hypocrisy lies.

If we are to be completely honest, it would have to be said that the Right doesn't care about veterans any more than the Left, but use them as much as they can for political gain. At least the Left doesn't do that.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass

Want to meet a truly angry person? Find a middle aged white man with authority over no one. Zip. Zero. Not the wife, not the kids, no one at work and can't afford a proper gun collection. You'll see true rage.

I starred your post before I read the last line. I'm a middle age white man, I don't control my wife, my kids are all grown and out of the house and I'm not sure what constitutes a proper gun collection but I'm pretty sure I'm missing something I really want. I don't have a job either. I think my dogs took my rage, I can't seem to find it anywhere. Thought I'd left in on my desk. Hmmmmm.....

Generalizations like that might get you called a racist.
But I don't have enough rage to want to bother calling anyone out.
edit on 23-7-2015 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

What IS it like then ... Planned Parenthood's service breakdown at 3% abortions, 97% other healthcare?

That pretty much makes abortion a "side business" as you so charmingly put it.

What other "birth control company" has the service level of Planned Parenthood?

You disagree with the facts, that's not cognitive dissonance, that's just your opinion.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

If all it did was those things you listed, no one would be taking pot shots at it.

I don't want to completely dismantle the social safety net. I just think it needs to be overhauled in a major way. It's design is to foster dependence and it's sucking us down.

Cloward-Piven makes a lot of sense when you see how things progress along with the anti 1% sentiment and the growing subsidized underclass encouraged to live on the safety net and told they are being kept down by the top. We in the middle get more and more squeezed out every year.

Do you see any other way for things to go?

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Let's see if this logic can be followed:

Government is corrupt.

So, anything the government touches or is involved with, is corrupt.

So, the Republicans are corrupt.

Why should we vote for another Republican then?

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

Actually, what's in danger of running dry is the disability side of SS. After 2008 we had unemployment. When those benefits ran dry, there was a coincidental massive increase in people suddenly coming down as disabled and drawing disability.

This is mainly a symptom of the true state of economy. There aren't actually jobs and a lot of people who would otherwise be working are at home drawing disability.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Let's see if this logic can be followed:

Government is corrupt.

So, anything the government touches or is involved with, is corrupt.

So, the Republicans are corrupt.

Why should we vote for another Republican then?

Or a Democrat ...

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Neither "side" cares for people once they're born. That is unless they can line their pockets in some way.
edit on 23-7-2015 by Skid Mark because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Gryphon66

If all it did was those things you listed, no one would be taking pot shots at it.

I don't want to completely dismantle the social safety net. I just think it needs to be overhauled in a major way. It's design is to foster dependence and it's sucking us down.

Cloward-Piven makes a lot of sense when you see how things progress along with the anti 1% sentiment and the growing subsidized underclass encouraged to live on the safety net and told they are being kept down by the top. We in the middle get more and more squeezed out every year.

Do you see any other way for things to go?

I firmly disagree with you. Politicians, and those of us who speak out about politics, are always taking "pot shots" at those we are opposed to. The "pot shots" taken at Planned Parenthood are wholly partisan, as are shots at the EPA, Departments of Education, Energy, etc. It's as predicable as finding manure in a barnyard

The American social safety net was totally restructured in 1996 in the Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Reconciliation Act passed COOPERATIVELY by the Republican Congress and President Clinton which was directed toward getting individuals off assistance and back to work AND putting the power for administrating this process back in the hands of the several States. If you don't like way your State is running the programs, look to your own State House.

The problem is, most conservatives haven't bothered to learn anything new about how these programs work since the Reagan era. It's much too easy to complain about "welfare queens" or the more politically correct "urban population concentrations."

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join