It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homophobes - ye be hypocrites

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: flammadraco

I quoted where you called me homophobic. Learn to read.

As for all the insults about english being my first language and calling me ''love''.

I am not ''your love'' nor do I care for you so your attempt at patronising failed.

Clearly you and a few others have been goading, if that floats your boat then more fool you.

Meanwhile I have more important things than arguing fools.

Go goad yourself, argue yourselves.

You aren't stopping opinions, only enforcing hatred.

The thread is a hate thread and it is hypocritical. Fact.
edit on 23-7-2015 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: theabsolutetruth

I think calling people names for having opinions is hypocrisy.

Opinions are not evidence of hypocrisy. Hypocrisy is "the practice of claiming to have moral standards or beliefs to which one's own behavior does not conform".

Those who decry homosexuality as immoral and against God and nature the loudest are also the ones who turn a blind eye to their own indiscretions and to of those of their hetero peers.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

This thread is doing just that, hence it is is a hate thread and hypocritical.

"the practice of claiming to have moral standards or beliefs to which one's own behavior does not conform".

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: theabsolutetruth
You also presumed.

I think calling people names for having opinions is hypocrisy.

If you have a problem with than tough.

I guess ass kissing moderators is something of a hobby for some as is goading members that they don't like or whose opinions they do not agree.

I think indignant defence of bigotry and intolerance is foul and inhuman. But that is not what the topic is about, and so I did not bring it up. Any chance that the same logic could be applied by your good self to this situation?

And regarding ass kissing... Look, this thread has gone far enough without going into such personal realms. What I do on my own free time....

I couldn't care less for your opinion so you can join the list of goaders and haters. I pointed out the hypocrisy of the thread, if you cannot see that then I suggest you remove your blinkers for some reality.

As for making threads ''calling out'' people about an overdone debate, is that how you think ATS should be?

No doubt there are plenty of examples of homosexual hypocrisy, do you want threads on that also?

How about a ''calling out'' forum? Is that you idea of a conspiracy website?

a reply to: TrueBrit

My idea of a conspiracy website, is this one. This exact one. If I was making one from scratch, it would be pretty much like ATS. Simple as.

My issue is, that derailing the thread with chatter not directly relating to the stated topic of the OP is somewhat bad form. Now, you can call this ass kissing if you like, or you could be honest with yourself and admit that there is no reason for you to lash out at me over my last post, because all I am doing, all I ever do around here, is call it like I see it.

If you do not like the way I see it, then that is within your right, and good luck to you. But do not fool yourself into thinking that my point of view, or the way I express it, can be invalidated by trotting out the old "teachers pet, nah nah neh nah nah" card. That crap stopped working on me when I was still watching Sesame Street on my lunch break from primary school, and it merely shows that you have nothing constructive or useful to contribute in response to my post.

If you HAVE anything of any merit to say in response, I would love to hear it, and am open to all manner of opinions on the subject.
edit on 23-7-2015 by TrueBrit because: Corrected quote tags

(post by flammadraco removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   

So now it's hypocritical to point out blatant hypocrisy?

"Me thinks the lady doth protest too much"

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Gemwolf

what a divisive and bull# thread you started... it's almost as if you're being a very sore winner.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I glad I'm not homophobic, hetrosexist or racist.
Must be a horrible burdon to have any of these.
I think that people who subscribe to any of the above are generally weaker than most, just my opinion.

I wouldn't say this is a hate thread, just a good thread for raising awareness.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   

The thread is a hate thread and it is hypocritical, it is name calling and lacking equality of people being allowed opinions, it is also presumptuous as it calls those questioning homosequality as ''homophobic''.

I am just ''calling it like it is'' so if that is your excuse for berating me for mentioning it's hypocrisy then that makes you also a hypocrite.

I never gave an opinion of homosexuality therefore those calling me names is rude and presumptuous.

The thread in your opinion is ''calling out'' homophobes.

How about ''calling out'' the thread for being a hate thread and recognising it's hypocrisy?

I prefer civility and understanding.

If hating on ATS is your bag then that's your choice.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   

A phobia is a phobia, if you are actually talking about a phobia, it isn't an opinion.

Yes, I know "homophobes" isn't really the right word. But seeing that there's a character limit in titles, I simply used "homophobe" instead of "People that starts their posts with I'm not a homophobe but..." And in the end it comes down to the same thing... "A phobia is a type of anxiety disorder, usually defined as a persistent fear of an object or situation in which the sufferer commits to great lengths in avoiding, typically disproportional to the actual danger posed, often being recognized as irrational." Irrational fear or dislike of people with a non-heterosexual sexual orientation. They know who they are.

It's a bit like calling a person suffering arachnophobia a ''hypocrite'' because cats are sometimes naughty.

I think you may have missed the point I was trying to make.

originally posted by: borntowatch
Really?
Really?
Was there that much angst amongst the ats community as you suggest, you are not just blowing it out of proportions to make a big deal out of it?

Yes there was. Over the years there has been countless topics on the matter. It comes and goes in waves and a couple of weeks ago we were once again at the peak of one of those waves.

originally posted by: flammadraco

Lets call it HETROSEXISM then, means the same and would stop all the talk about Bigots not being afraid of Homosexuals!!

I like that. Perhaps I'll use hetrosexism in the future.

originally posted by: ketsuko
I stopped by the Ashley Madison threads and said they got what was coming to them, and I had my nose thoroughly whacked by rolled up newspaper same as in the gay marriage threads.

I have a solid, strong marriage.

So I'll thank you to take your accusation back. Adultery is destructive no matter who engages in it. I'm sure the gays will discover the same.

I you feel that you are one of the people I was addressing, then I apologize for calling you a hypocrite.

originally posted by: Urantia1111

What is this endless fascination with pointing out hypocrisy every minute of every day? It's no longer clever or necessary. Enough already. Some people don't like homosexuality. Get over it and move on with your life ffs.

And it's absurd that those same people that gets stuck on their dislike of homosexuality for certain reasons don't dislike heterosexuals for the exact same reasons... I voiced it. That'll help me get over it. I feel better already.

Here is some hypocrisy:

Pointing out the recent flood of homosexual threads was tedious and nasty.

Then making another tedious nasty clickbait thread about homosexuals and calling those that don't agree to your opinion ''hypocrites''.

Enough already.

Opinion nazis should be banned, live and let live means also accepting that there are other opinions than yours. Get over it.

Yet, here you are voicing your opinion. I posted it in the rant forum for a reason. It was more a rhetorical question than anything else. I didn't expect an answer. Still don't. Those that are guilty will never admit it. But I had to voice my frustration with these people, which is of course my prerogative.

...a stupid term of opinion nazis ...
Do not however try denying me of my opinions or those that are homophobic or just dislike homosexuality, it is their right to an opinion.

Funny stuff.

originally posted by: beezzer
It doesn't remove the stain of hypocricy, but it leaves your numbers in doubt.

As for the 38 million busted?

Ha-ha.

You are absolutely correct. Those numbers I used in the "let's pretend" example was simply to illustrate how the gay vs. straight numbers compare. They are by no means accurate. The point was that the total "sins of the homosexuals" pale in comparison with those of the heterosexuals...

a reply to: berenike

a reply to: kelbtalfenek

Definitely!

As for making threads ''calling out'' people about an overdone debate, is that how you think ATS should be?

Perhaps you could create a thread in the rants forum to rant about that? It does help to ease the frustration with other people. And their opinions.

originally posted by: nomdeterreur

what a divisive and bull# thread you started... it's almost as if you're being a very sore winner.

Thank you for your wise and insightful contribution. Thank you for taking the time and effort to respond. Constructive criticism is always welcome, but will typically be met with sarcasm.
edit on 23/7/2015 by Gemwolf because: Missing tag

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   

The thread is a hate thread and it is hypocritical, it is name calling and lacking equality of people being allowed opinions, it is also presumptuous as it calls those questioning homosequality as ''homophobic''.

What do you mean questioning homosexuality? You have not asked any questions about it since you arrived in the thread! You have made statements, applied rhetoric, and that's all!

If hating on ATS is your bag then that's your choice.

It is not. That is the opposite of "my bag". Your choice to read this thread as a hate thread is your own. Your perception of the thread however, does not dictate its reality.
edit on 23-7-2015 by TrueBrit because: Corrected reply tags

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   

It is still a hate thread and I am sure being loose about the exact definitions when name calling wouldn't be tolerated by certain groups so it isn't okay for using such tactics on those your opinions don't agree to, sort of like calling all those that are okay about homosexuality ''gay''.

Name calling is name calling. Equality and all that.

You should also know that many of those that disagree homosexuality do so on religious grounds and you basically called all Jews, Christians and Muslims hypocrites.

Nice work stirring the hate pot.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   

I never gave any opinion of homosexuality, that is the point.

You and others PRESUMED and NAME CALLED.

I think those that question homosexuality have the right to do so as those that don't. I believe in the RIGHT TO OPINION, which part of that do you and others not comprehend.

I also believe in being constructive and anyone with any sense and hindsight would realise that such a thread is only STIRRING A HATE POT.
edit on 23-7-2015 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Phobias are, by definition, irrational fears. Anyone with a phobia will tend to be hypocritical. For instance, someone who has a phobia of a person walking around with a gun reacts differently if that person is wearing a police uniform. Logically, you could be shot either way, but logic doesn't apply to phobias.
edit on 23-7-2015 by VictorVonDoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   

I have not called any names what so ever.

Try again.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Every time I read threads like this I am not sure what the homosexuality supporters want to achieve: a wide world acceptance and understanding or even more hate and ignorance? Because some here are getting overboard to get on people's nerves and get an all over negative reaction to talks like these.

Back to the point: pointing out homosexuality but not adultery is not hypocrisy. Why?
1. Because not every homophobe is a christian , so it doesn't have to care about the bible's rules.
2. Because each and every person can or will be at some point in his life an adulterer, while very very few of them can be a homosexual.
3. Because even homosexuals themselves can or will be adulterers.

I would even dare to say that adultery is much more natural than homosexuality by the way the numbers go, and considering the human nature.

That's it, I said it.
Now someone please go on and call me a homophobe...or whatever term is on the trend right now.

edit on 23-7-2015 by WhiteHat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: WhiteHat

Gay people want to achieve equal rights, that is all, nothing more and nothing less.

You can still be fired for being gay is some U.S. states, that is inequality and that is what change the LGBT in the U.S. want.

Those LGBT in the Middle East, don't want to be hanged or thrown of buildings because of who they love.

Thank be to God that we have equality in Europe, and shame on the U.S. for not leading the way!

Edit - the trend now is HETROSEXIST

edit on 23.7.2015 by flammadraco because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: WhiteHat
Every time I read threads like this I am not sure what the homosexuality supporters want to achieve:

1. What's a homosexuality supporter?
2. Why does the OP have to be trying to achieve anything? Maybe he was just getting his thoughts and opinions out there and asking how others felt about it.

I thought it was a good OP. Makes perfect sense to me. But Gemwolf didn't seem to be trying to achieve anything.

1. Because not every homophobe is a christian , so it doesn't have to care about the bible's rules.

Religion isn't necessary to be homophobic (sorry, Heterosexist).

edit on 7/23/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   

You just continue on with your righteous indignation and refuse to address the topic of the thread. Classic deflection!

It obvious. You just don't want to address the hypocrisy that lies within the anti-marriage equality community in regards to their own adultery and other sexual indiscretions.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

I commented on the irony and hypocrisy of the name calling and hate pot stirring of this thread.

I care not to debate about homosexuality hence not offering my opinion.

Do you have a problem with me having an opinion on the thread, it's title or it's motive?

Are you also an opinion nazi?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join