It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seattle Mayor Ed Murray Seeks Interest Free Housing For Muslims

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   
The progressive follies of Ed Murray never seem to end. An avid supporter of all things bike-related, he created more "Bike Only" lanes at the cost of further congestion of Seattle traffic, a city in the top 10 for worst commuting traffic. He has alienated SPD by calling LE involved in Brown's death "murdered", and interfered with LE procedure in attaining Sanctuary City status. He was a major supporter of the $15 minimum wage, disregarding local business concerns.

Now, in an effort to assist Islamic Sharia law followers, he is seeking to negate the payment of interest in home loans for that group alone. The problem is, he expects the public to foot the bill.

www.progressivestoday.com...

Murray currently faces a multitude of housing issues, from lack of parking to the high percentage of income minorities living in Seattle have to allocate toward home loans, and to push these and others aside makes no sense. It's yet another example of making others pay for his vision for Seattle, and it's unintended consequences which are never discussed or planned for.
murray.seattle.gov...

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   
This has already been posted before. It is against the Muslim faith to pay interest it is also against Christian faith as well. Also banks lose no money doing this so what's the problem?

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Apologies, I couldn't find a thread titled as such. Being somewhat new, should I contact a moderator to close this thread, if in fact it is repetitious?

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boscowashisnamo

Apologies, I couldn't find a thread titled as such. Being somewhat new, should I contact a moderator to close this thread, if in fact it is repetitious?

Eventually one will come along and close. But if the other threads have been closed it will stay open so it's really nothing to worry about.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Thanks Buster. Following the thread in FF on starting new threads, I thought I covered my bases. Since the article was relatively new, I didn't think it had been posted.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
This has already been posted before. It is against the Muslim faith to pay interest it is also against Christian faith as well. Also banks lose no money doing this so what's the problem?

Problem?

What about those that are not religious? We foot the bill?

There is the problem.

This will only serve to set even more people against each other than we have now. And that is the goal isn't it?

Jude

Jude

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: jude11

Problem?

There is the problem.

This will only serve to set even more people against each other than we have now. And that is the goal isn't it?

Jude

Jude

Not sure about that being the goal so much as its just one guys twisted bid at reelection in the future.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: In4ormant

Sawant, a Seattle Council member, does similar things to rile up her voting base. Both her and Murray never met a microphone they didn't like.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   

It is my understand that Muslims lend money with interest to each other and, in fact, a vast electronic system exists to support this business.

"Banks lose no money doing this...?" I am not involved in finance, but that statement is contrary to reality.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Sorry, your apologies aren't sufficient. Your post smacks of Islamaphobia which is politically incorrect because, the elites have deemed that Islamists are a protected class because 1) they are largely immigrants and 2) they are anti-christian.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

No we don't foot any bill. Just like Sharia banks the banks purchase the property then sell it to the Muslim like rent to own.

If it doesn't involve anyone else then why should others get involved?

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

It is my understand that Muslims lend money with interest to each other and, in fact, a vast electronic system exists to support this business.

Charging interest is against the Muslim faith.

"Banks lose no money doing this...?" I am not involved in finance, but that statement is contrary to reality.

Maybe you should read up on Sharia banking. Sharia banks work quite well without charging interest so what reality are you talking about?

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

Sorry, your apologies aren't sufficient. Your post smacks of Islamaphobia which is politically incorrect because, the elites have deemed that Islamists are a protected class because 1) they are largely immigrants and 2) they are anti-christian.

I love satire. Otherwise, I might be in good company:
www.politicalforum.com...

Interesting article on Shariah financing:
www.usatoday.com...

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 03:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Boscowashisnamo

Seattle Mayor Ed Murray Seeks Interest Free Housing For Muslims -

I see this as either an intentional provocation to the American people, or an attempt to get Americans to become Muslims but then again, perhaps the Muslims have taken over the area?

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Perhaps if people got off their ahole aND rode bikes in the new bike lanes there would be less traffic congestion. No comment on the main point of your post sorry.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 04:56 AM
link   
a reply to: jude11

Problem?

There is the problem.

Jude

Now, in an effort to assist Islamic Sharia law followers, he is seeking to negate the payment of interest in home loans for that group alone. The problem is, he expects the public to foot the bill.

Expects the public to foot the bill for what and how?

This is why you should avoid knee jerk reactions to propaganda. If you follow enough links through the various articles, you'll find the draft recommendations document linked here. The text in question, in its entirety, is as follows:

Explore the Development of a Sharia-compliant Financing Product

Limited options for financing a home purchase are available for Muslim households who abide by Sharia law. The city can help fill this gap by convening lenders, housing nonprofits, and community leaders to explore how the market might develop Sharia-compliant loan products. The City should evaluate current available loan products to determine barriers to their use due to religious or other restrictions.

So basically the recommendation is to convene a group to discuss (members of the group) developing Sharia-compliant lending options. Nothing about the public footing the bill for anything at all.

Furthermore, to be Sharia-compliant, the main thing is that the profit made by the lender cannot be through interest. This does not mean that the loans are somehow subsidized or less expensive — ultimately they could be more expensive because there are laws capping interest rates in most of the country. These sorts of financial arrangements could foreseeable circumvent those sorts of laws to the benefit of the lender. To give you an example of how something like this might work, it could be as simple as a rent-to-own agreement with a nominal contribution made to charity.

At best, fear mongering click bait to generate a little traffic/ad revenue for far right propagandist websites.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 05:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

That's because you don't understand what you're talking about. Sharia-compliant banking requires that the lender does not charge interest. That doesn't mean the lender doesn't make a profit, it's just not from usury. Here's an informative article.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Yep! No one gets hurt! Free Bernie! So, I propose, all who have tattoo's Like me and all who Partake in Morning Cannabis medicating like me...Be Free of any Interest at all! Power to the people! errrr the mosques err Sunni's, Shi'a's, Ahmaddiya's, Sunni's, Shi'a's, Shaykhist's, and so on! Who, did I leave out? oh, yah, The Crystianz! And all the ATS members! Me don't want no stinkin interest rate!

Ask who the hell want it? They'll, bring it to ya doorbell! Have all sects, in your yard like a yard sale!

I just love the United State! Bend over! TRUMP!!! Help!! hahaha Oh, he is busy, planning his grave at Doral!

GM ATS!

Which Flag comes down today? And what new law/rule can we impose on everyone and everything?!?! Come, Come!

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   

It is also against the Catholic faith to provide birth control...why the double standard?

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   

"banks lose no money" Are you kidding me? It cost a bank money to service a loan! It cost money to track payments, mail or email mortgage statements, process payoffs.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join