It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Santana Woodstock, still maybe my favorite Rock Video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Not sure how I re-stumbled on this today, yesterday was a rendezvous with my sister and our old friend from the 60's, we road tripped to where we grew up, and possibly today after becoming inebriated, I found "Soul Sacrifice" by Santana in pursuit of nostalgia. I recall the first time I saw this when the film "Woodstock" came out, I begged my folks to go the festival, but I was 13, "no" was the answer, but I later saw the movie.
The performance stellar. It blew me away tonight.
In an interview Carlos said that that gig was the first time and last time he ever did Acid, that when he strapped on his guitar the neck turned into a serpent and he fought it for the entire gig, lol.
Anyway made me shiver tonight, again. How about you?
Hit it.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Awesome
I was fortunate to see Santana live several years ago and it was an experience I won't ever forget. It was an outdoor pavilion and it rained really hard all through the show. I was sitting on the side of a grassy muddy hill with a poncho over my head and my eyes closed and Carlos played his freaking heart out and it was magical. Closest thing I have ever had to a spiritual experience.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I love the Lotus album.

"Lotus is a 1974 live album recording of the San Franciscan Latino rock band Santana at the Osaka Koseinenkin Hall on the 03 and 4 July 1973. It was originally released in 1974 as a triple vinyl LP in Japan only.[4] The first US release was in 1991 as a 2 CD set. Lotus has been re-issued on vinyl in the Netherlands and on CD in Japan in 2006 as a 3 CD set. It was also re-issued as a 3 LP set in the US in 2013."

I have the 3 disc remaster set and it sounds fantastic on my vintage hifi. It's a cheap way to take a trip.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   
If we are talking acid and live performances this has to be one of the most entertaining:

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   
the drummer for Santana at Woodstock was only 18.....true story....he was getting it, too

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=19604594]Michet.....dang Funkadelic rocks....cool

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ugmold

So many amazing performances in the Woodstock film. But this and Sly And The Family Stone were transcendent. Today, it would be impossible to reach the level of musicianship they were playing at in that era.

new topics

top topics

join