It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finally. deputy indicted for her role in raid that blew babys face apart

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 04:12 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Ok... I got ya now. We are in absolute agreement then. The whole situation is utter BS and the fact that they refused to cover this kids medical bills made me nauseous from the beginning. I just don't see how it would've killed the Sherriff to apologize, admit there was a mistake made and do the right thing instead of leaving this family hanging in the wind with medical bills they will never be able to pay on their own. Instead, as usual the police closed ranks and covered their own asses when the child wouldn't have been hurt, despite the criminal act in obtaining the warrant initially, if the deputy who threw the flash bang had followed protocol instead of suing urban Rambo. This whole thing was a s# storm from the get go and I really hope whatever jury hears this case doesn't drop the ball and the this lying P.O.S. Gets what's coming to her for what her actions caused. It's a shame the tax payers are going to eat it when the civil suit comes into play and the perjurious deputy won't be on the hook. I've got to quit while I'm ahead or I'll be fuming the rest of the day.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

Ignorance of the law isn't an excuse.

Being flat out lied to and misled is, quite often, an excuse. Especially when one is carrying out an action within one's legal authority to do so, but is only being carried out because one was lied to about having that authority.

And seriously man? I already asked you once to stop putting words in my mouth. I guess it's easier to argue with what you want me to have said as opposed to what I actually said, but I really don't need anybody trying to speak for me. I have no problem pointing out when somebody is twisting my words and/or ascribing some line of thought to me that isn't mine, so I guess we'll spend more time discussing that then the actual issue.

Oh well. Have a great Thursday!

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Thanks for the update...this was a very sad and angering instance of, imo, police and judicial firing from the hip.

The judge should have demanded better evidence, and the officers involved should have pulled their collective head out and done some real police work instead of just trying to take a shortcut.

The fact that a flash grenade was thrown in a baby's crib, though, was an unforeseen incident that I assume was not done with intent or malice toward the baby. That said, though, the raid should never have happened, and I'm glad to see something come of it in a judicial sense.

What will happen at this point is anyone's guess, but I can't imagine that a jury will take too kindly to a baby being scarred in the face for life...and nor should they.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

Ok, cool..Im not always great with my words..It's not hard to get upset at some of this stuff. I think all LEO should have to carry liability insurance, I think if an insurance company was responsible for financial damages there may be more transparency from depts to properly investigate.
Cheers

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I thought we were discussing the actual issue. To mje the issue is that everyone involved should be charged whether they say they knew it was bogus or not.

Not just one scapegoat so the rest of the department can get off scott free. If we start holding everyone involved accountable in these situation maybe just maybe they will stop doing this bs

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: alienjuggalo

I thought we were discussing the actual issue. To mje the issue is that everyone involved should be charged whether they say they knew it was bogus or not.

Not just one scapegoat so the rest of the department can get off scott free. If we start holding everyone involved accountable in these situation maybe just maybe they will stop doing this bs
Say you work at Repo business, repossessing cars. Just hypothetically.

Say your co-worker hands you a repossession order on official stationary with the bosses signature, all legal looking and good to go, like the hundreds of repo orders you get yearly.

You go, and repossess the vehicle, only to find that the co-worker forged the documents and has sold the vehicle to the chop-shop. You acted in good faith on what was (what you thought) was a completely legal process.

Should you be charged with the auto theft? You were an unwitting, and had you known about the illegality, unWILLING accessory to a crime.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

I dont think I should be, but I would be. Because ignorance is no excuse.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Just to play devils advocate..I would not doubt that if there were 10 instances as you describe..I bet 50% of those get prosecuted anyway.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   

I dont think I should be, but I would be. Because ignorance is no excuse.
You may get prosecuted, but any judge or jury would throw the case out because you had no prior knowledge of the crime. Yes, ignorance of the law is no excuse, but your entire actions were predicated on FALSIFIED documents. Ignorance isn't even at play, you were deceived.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Were we? Seems to me all we were discussing was your willingness to throw due process out the window because cops, and how you keep playing the "so what you're really saying is" card.

You show me where the cops on the raid all knew the warrant was bogus and I'll happily agree they should get charged to fullest extent possible. You show me where ANY of the cops on the raid, aside from the crapbag that lied to get the warrant in the first place, knew it was a bogus warrant and I'll happily agree that THEY should get charged to the fullest extent possible.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Were we? Seems to me all we were discussing was your willingness to throw due process out the window because cops, and how you keep playing the "so what you're really saying is" card.

You show me where the cops on the raid all knew the warrant was bogus and I'll happily agree they should get charged to fullest extent possible.

You show me where they didnt know.. It works both ways. Is it just because they said they didn't? And they would never lie right?
edit on 23-7-2015 by alienjuggalo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   

It seems since they are cops they should know better period, like how there is no armed guards at the door on lookout hmmmmm or no heavy traffic hmmmm ...

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I wonder, how did it come out that the deputy lied? I also wonder if the deputy had a partner?

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
I wonder, how did it come out that the deputy lied? I also wonder if the deputy had a partner?

The whole squad was her partner. Shamrock would have you believe that everyone involved didnt have a big pow-wow right before the raid and had no idea what was goin on .... LMAO

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   

I understand your anger/scepticism, Im not sure I believe they all knew it was bogus. If they work in pairs I would definatly be sceptical the partner wasn't aware there were shenanigans.
As a human being though if I was involved in this mess and the refusal of the Dept. to pay the bills..I would be seriously considering what it is im doing in this line of work and who the hell am I working for.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   

The whole squad was her partner. Shamrock would have you believe that everyone involved didnt have a big pow-wow right before the raid and had no idea what was goin on .... LMAO
You make it sound as if every single cop in the raid was crooked and they made the plan whilst evilly wringing their hands and twirling mustaches. Then one guy pipes up and goes "And this is the part where we flash-bang the baby" and everyone start whooping and cheering.
edit on 23-7-2015 by ScientificRailgun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

You make it sound as if every single cop in the raid was crooked and they made the plan whilst evilly wringing their hands and twirling mustaches. Then one guy pipes up and goes "And this is the part where we flash-bang the baby" and everyone start whooping and cheering.

I dont think that at all. I dont think they set out to hurt people, but I also dont think that makes the any less culpable .

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

I dont think that at all. I dont think they set out to hurt people, but I also dont think that makes the any less culpable .
Why then, the effort to prosecute EVERYONE involved even if their only role was to stand there with a firearm in case things got hairy?

You'd be putting GOOD cops away with the bad ones. For one, that would only INCREASE the culture among law enforcement to fabricate crap to avoid indictments. Because if even the GOOD cops face punishment for something one or two BAD cops did, they'd be less inclined to speak out about bad cop behavior.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Because they "investigated" it themselves and found no evidence of wrong doing, and refused to take any responsibility for the medical bills. Just a blatant cover up.. Why should they be allowed to cover it up?

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   

You watch entirely too many episodes of cop procedurals. Not every drug house has somebody standing on the porch waiting to scream "it's the cops!"

And to put a point on it, no, not every raid starts off with a "big pow-wow" where all the evidence gets reviewed that lead to obtaining the warrant for every last freaking officer.

But since you're utterly incapable of discussing this without trying to cram words in my mouth, there's nothing to discuss. When you can learn to discuss something without repeatedly resorting to "what you really mean" then perhaps we can discuss things like big boys and girls.

ETA - as for your request for me to prove they didn't know? I don't have to. You're the one making the accusation. You're the one wanting them prosecuted. The burden of proof is on you to demonstrate they are culpable, not on anybody else to prove they aren't.
edit on 23-7-2015 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join