It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This country is beyond repair!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I used to have an amount of hope for America - believing we could all stand against different types of evil, but when mingle with enough people - online, in a community, etc, you realize that corruption, immorality, lack of ethics and responsibility is far more widespread than just those holding a political office. It branches out much further than corporations, and government - and perhaps there's someone who could be blamed as to the why, but I rather think that people shape themselves, that people can have their own thoughts and own mind but choose not to.

Everyone either seems to have an agenda or blindly support one, even I myself likely fall into these groups

You now have people fighting for the sake of fighting - people condoning crime, immorality, fueling the fires of bigotry and racism, helping build the walls of segregation all while preaching how they think things should be.

Yelling for the government to help others while refusing to yourself.
Judging others in so many ways while supposedly emulating a man named Christ who did not judge others himself.
Calling for equality, somehow believing giving the government more money will help
Calling for equality, somehow believing the "trickle down" system works

Complaining about "corrupt politicians, corrupt cops, etc" when the general public are so restless that the smallest infractions on their personal heavens has people demanding "solutions" often so called solutions that only hurt the entire system, and more people in worse ways.

We demand more freedom while demanding more oversight from our "protectors"
We demand cheaper Healthcare while suing at the drop of a pin because doctors are also human
We demand higher paying jobs while the competency levels seem to be at an all time low.

Do I believe government and banks and corporations are in the wrong ? Yes. But this applies to the general population, and to myself. This country is broken. I'm going to buy some solar panels, get a well drilled, and just hide. Trying to help, I'll be demonized, anyways.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I mean... being sold on military and hope for the past decades.. isn't really building anything.

Hope is useless without a goal to strive for, or a change. It's just a wishing something basically, and wishes only work with stars.

It's not hard to see; America has divided itself, distributed itself abroad, and care more about top companies and industry making money than the citizens that keep the artificial machine pumping currency.

There was plenty of time to fix everything. But instead, everyone did nothing remotely changeable to a self inflicting country.

Let's hope the future gets better.

Ah.. see what I did there?

Let's MAKE the future a better place.

Now see that?

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
You lost me at morality.

I consider myself a moral person, while trying to teach my children good morals of their own. However, I'm tired of people blathering on about imposing their morals and values on others.

Others have different thoughts values and feelings about your morals too you know.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I often think of America as a rudderless ship in a endless sea, we have no real direction, no real destination. I would see how one day if there was a one world government we would not need to waste the trillions of dollars on defense. Maybe one day we could use all that money getting back to what we should be doing, exploring! I mean how far could we advance if we focused on actually advancing instead of capitalizing.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Iamthatbish

I'm talking about general morality, no religious agenda.

It can be proven abusing children does extreme harm.
It can be proven varying types of drugs can cause extreme harm.
It can be proven that scamming, cheating, conning, in different ways can cause extreme harm.
TO OTHERS.

I don't care what you do to yourself, on your own time. I'm defining good and evil as the total impact actions have on others - which people continue to yell for personal and individual rights, while literally hurting others while at it. I realize a lot of these actions are already illegal, and laws are enforced - but a lot of people say "butt out of my life, I'll do what I want" while not caring about others. Individuals are taking on the mentality of these corporations and politicians we point fingers at. Self gain is all that matters

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

Capitalism is the problem. No 'so called' democratic countries around the world are true democratic nations atm, there actually capitalist nations.

Capitalism and democracy in reality is an oxymoron. A democratic country is one that all the people rule, a capitalist country is a country that the richest citizens (the 1%) rule.

What we need to do to create a true democracy is to eliminate party politics, so that you vote for the person, not the parrty. Then we need to make all banks a non for profit government agency.

Of course this could never happen, especially in the US, because 50% of the population is brainwashed into believing that the people having democratic control over commerce is a bad thing.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

I support smaller government, anti monopoly laws, strong state and local government, small businesses, etc. These aspects just aren't endorsed and desired enough by the average people.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Fair enough.

But who respected state law more, Obama or Bush junior?

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Wait you mean that this country is made up of humans acting 100% human? SAY IT AIN'T SO!

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   
If and when I harm others, then talk about my morality; until then keep quiet about your particular brand of morals.

They should only apply to you.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

Fair enough.

But who respected state law more, Obama or Bush junior?

Same answer as a good candidate for the next election thus far:

None of the above.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   

"Do I believe government and banks and corporations are in the wrong ? Yes. But this applies to the general population, and to myself. This country is broken. I'm going to buy some solar panels, get a well drilled, and just hide. Trying to help, I'll be demonized, anyways."

Nobody is perfect. This is a defining factor of our species. But... even with that mixed, our current path as a nation is one on a downhill tac.

We have arrived in a day when everything that represents what this nation was once born to be, is being set aside. This casting away is not for the good of humanity, but for those who have assumed the role of masters of this planet.

Getting 'off the grid' is probably the last and only option left before we begin to see internment camps sprout.
Best wishes in your endeavour.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: notmyrealname

Sorry but I'm not just worried about myself. I'm worried about child trafficking, rape, emotional and physical abuse - I don't care if you lack compassion, it isn't my agenda or will to force you to have it. It would be my "agenda" to have a government who cares more about, and puts more efforts towards these serious issues rather than warrantless phone tapping and political bickering that gets no one anywhere.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadlyhope

Sorry but I'm not just worried about myself. I'm worried about child trafficking, rape, emotional and physical abuse - I don't care if you lack compassion, it isn't my agenda or will to force you to have it. It would be my "agenda" to have a government who cares more about, and puts more efforts towards these serious issues rather than warrantless phone tapping and political bickering that gets no one anywhere.

What does any of that have to do with my response to your original comment?

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   

I'm explaining that my "brand" of morality has to do with an individuals impact on others. If you put even one person other than yourself in any type of harms way, you better damn believe it's my business, and that I will not be quiet.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I'm not so much worried about right now. I think of my son. What will it be like in 18 years when he is grown. I believe it's not going to get any better. Our nation is dividing itself more each day. I'm all for change but not to the point where people are forced to change their moral, religious, or cultural beliefs.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Golga13

There's two forms of morality, the way I see it. Religious morality - which goes into every day life, sexual actions, what we eat and drink, what we smoke, how we speak at times and such, then common morality - ie most compassionate people deem a highly abusive drunk father a negative situation.

The problem is, the nation is declining in both religious and common morality - telling people to mind their own business while being overall negatives to society.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   

I agree. Instead of making our own decisions, let's watch tv and see what everyone else thinks. We don't want to be out of line. I think a lot of people are forgetting who they are.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Damn, I am not bothering anyone now and your not being quiet; sheesh, lighten up already.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   
My Prime Ministers approval rating is 30 per cent
The leader of the oppositions approval rating is 27 per cent

Its the whole western world op

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join