It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snickernut

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   
So I have talked a little about my love of coffee. I actually just replaced my Keurig at the office yesterday. The last one...bought used 3 years ago and used 5-10 times a day....finally gave up the ghost.

But thats not what we are here for today. Today, i am here to share something that, if you live in Texas anyway, should be in your coffee arsenal:

Or, if you don't use a Keurig...never fret:

I have to say first: i hate flavored coffee. I hate flavored coffee badly.

So imagine my surprise when one day, my best friend is in from out of town and he pops in a pot of this coffee. With some heavy cream, and just a bit of sweetener...it is possibly my new "go to" comfort drink.

If you can get some, try it. You can get the small bags (for 1-2 pots worth) for about a buck. If you want to try it out.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

My wife got some snickerdoodle flavored creamer which actually tasted alright to me as I am usually a half and half with sugar kind of person. I wonder if this tastes the same or similar.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   

My husband is a die-hard black coffee only kind of guy - I doubt he will go for it.

I like the taste of some flavored coffees, but I can't handle the caffeine. I wonder if this comes in decaf? I'll have to check my H.E.B.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

I typically drink French Roast coffee brewed as close to espresso as I can get. I totally get what you are saying.

I look at it more like this: Snickernut isn't coffee. Its a warm treat or dessert drink.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

well...i know someone who'd arrange you to get some if need be.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Hah, you are the man.

Let me know if there is anything from the NYC area you want that you can't get and we can swap.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I loooove flavoured coffees and/or flavoured creamers.

When I make a pot of coffee, I always add some cinnamon to the coffee grinds... it gives a nice hint of cinnamon flavour (without being overpowering) to an otherwise ordinary pot of coffee.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

Here is a recipe we have served off/on in our restaurant for the last few years. Its relaly popular on colder days....but good any time

- Prepare your coffee to brew in a drip brewer just like you normally would
- zest 1 orange into the coffee grounds, and brew the coffee (obviously, this just gives you orange coffee)
- Sweeten the coffee with honey, and add your heavy cream. Dress the top of the coffee with whipped cream and garnish with a piece of orange zest

Another favorite:

- prepare your coffee to brew in a drip brewer just like you normally would. Add in 1 cup pecan flour (pecans that have been ground into flour), and brew
- In a cup add 1/4 of a pat of real butter, and enough honey to sweeten the coffee. Stir in heavy cream (this should help suspend the small amount of butter into the coffee, and prevent "grease" from floating to the top...but use heavy cream or whipped cream)
- Dress the cup with nutmeg whipped cream (stir in a little nutmeg to your prepared whipped cream
- optional: rum. A buttered pecan/rum coffee as an after dinner treat...never any complaints.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   

I love you, man.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Hah, you are the man.

Let me know if there is anything from the NYC area you want that you can't get and we can swap.

In my time in NYC (maybe 12 weeks total in my life), i can honestly say:

- your fruits and veggies are well beyond what i can get. The lettuce is greener. The fruit sweeter. Even your pickles look amazing up there.
- your meats are every bit as good as what i can get. I love The Master Grill (a churrascaria in the city, and there used to be one in Queens). Their steaks, average for NYC, would kill 90% of the places I have had steak in Texas. If i want a similar quality, Ill have to go to Bohanans or something.
- the quality of the kosher prepared food was out of the world. I got to where i ate at this russian kosher bistro as often as possible because of the amazing pickled veggies they had.

There are all manner of good things in NYC. Few would survive shipping. That aside, shoot me a PM.

new topics

top topics

join