It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Predator drone crashes in Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   
www.dailymail.co.uk... ants.html

Apparently a US predator drone crashed in Iraq Last week due to technical difficulties. It seems to have crashed in an area where they should be able to get it back, according to the article.

Meanwhile on Ebay....... For sale - One drone, slightly used and dented, buyer must collect though !!!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: nelloh62

Video reputed to show the crashed drone here.

youtu.be...

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   

More specifically it was an MQ-1C Grey Eagle and not an MQ-1 Predator that crashed in the pictures.

It's comical that they even showed an MQ-9 Reaper in the article to describe the MQ-1 Predator.
edit on 22-7-2015 by Sammamishman because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-7-2015 by Sammamishman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Steven Nabil has pics of it on twitter.

twitter.com...

twitter.com...

twitter.com...

edit on 22-7-2015 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   
It appears friendlies have it then?

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

Thanks for the clarification Samm. The Daily Mail is not known for it's accuracy, it just about gets the grammar correct most times. I , for one, am no expert, and did not see that they reported the wrong aircraft.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   

No problem. Here is a nice diagram that shows the differences between US unmanned aerial systems.

The RQ-170 Sentinel would be close to the Predator size and the RQ-180 would be more near the Global Hawk or larger in size, although no-one has seen that one yet in the wild.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

Here's another handy infographic.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   
If that would have crashed on my property it would have been dismantled and sold for scraps.
...these aren't the drones you're looking for. ..these aren't the drones we're looking for, move along.
Couldn't help the obione reference lol

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sammamishman

No problem. Here is a nice diagram that shows the differences between US unmanned aerial systems.

The RQ-170 Sentinel would be close to the Predator size and the RQ-180 would be more near the Global Hawk or larger in size, although no-one has seen that one yet in the wild.

Thanks for the diagram, I never realised just how big the RQ-180 is, the diagram gives a good visual reference.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   
i thought that these things were rigged to blow if they got "lost" ?

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: weemadmental

I heard that some of them used to until a few "accidents" (self destructing without warning) changed their minds about that.
edit on 24-7-2015 by Sammamishman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: weemadmental

The rumor is that the Barstow crash was a result of the self destruct activating. The Polecat was lost because of that as well.

top topics

join