It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ni0.5Co0.5 - Something strange happened on the way to Google

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Hi, ATS. Not sure if this is anything other than a computer glitch and years of reading conspiracies or I've stumbled upon something really interesting. I wanted to put this out there just in case it is the latter and I'm going to soon be "disappeared" - ah, a dream come true

Anywho, here's the story:

Just a bit ago I was doing some basic searches on my smartphone for alternate energy production for a sci-fi story I'm narrating for an RPG system I'm developing. In this story there are four alien races and I wanted them to have evolved differently than Earth life. So, I'm just typing in different ___synthesis searches into my browser on my smart phone using Chrome. Normally this is the equivalent of going to the Google main page and typing in the string in that little box. Either way, it normally produces search results. I've been typing things like "electrosynthesis", "gammasynthesis", "radiosynthesis", etc. Well, just a few minutes ago something strange happened.

I type uvsynthesis into the browser and instead of returning the results as normal it says Page not Found... DNS blah blah blah technojargon. It also reset my Chrome main page that lists my last few sites I visited. I tried typing in something else into the browser and it worked as normal. So I tried uvsynthesis again and got the same results. So, I went to the Google main page and tried the search term and ended up with three results from a French website.

I translated the page and it's a science abstract published in Russian in 1931 talking about stuff WAY over my head. There's also a link to a more recent page where I find things about Nanoferrite and Ni0.5Co0.5 and stuff about batteries and power and more stuff above my head.

So, if it hadn't been for the strange reaction of my browser I probably wouldn't have put on my tinfoil hat, but since I did put it on I came here to see what my fellow ATSers (who are hopefully much smarter than me) can figure out about it. I'm going to continue researching this find but anyone else who finds this interesting, please join. Not sure how long the tinfoil hats will stay on, but it might be entertaining to some of you for at least a little while. Thanx for listening and I will post a link to my initial search results below:

www.google.com...=uvsynthesis

www.google.com... t.fr%2F%3FaModele%3DafficheN%26cpsidt%3D9318720&ei=WwmvVaOgBozo-AGG5pHABA&usg=AFQjCNE6QE7VU47udE9FSt_eMQi4xOdsjw&sig2=jNnJkrj_L2mDNV_3uQyfMQ

edit: so, the google search link doesn't want to work (tinfoil hat remains on)
edit on 21-7-2015 by revswirl because: first link broken

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I just did the same search from Chrome Dev on my mobile, and it worked as expected; Three French results, and this thread. I'd say it was a glitch.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

Hmm, ok, those glitches happen. But I have been reading into the results further and I may end up with some great research for my RPG. Thanx for checking, AdmireTheDistance

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   
As I stick my head down this rabbit hole I've just discovered some pages on "organic metals". Conspiracy theory or not, this is some interesting stuff!

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Lol at least it led to you some interesting material. Good luck with the RPG!

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 11:15 PM
link   
try duck duck go instead of google

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

Oh yeah, this could really develop into some great concepts. I'm starting to see why Mark Twain and Nikola Tesla were such good buddies.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: revswirl

Or maybe the message you got was solely for YOU. I'd take that path and see were it leads.

Good luck.

new topics

top topics

join