It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chattanooga shooting: New details emerge about the gunman

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Well, I don't believe it was a false flag....it just seems to be a recurring pattern....mental illness and guns obtained without any form of background check.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

Say it all you want Gryphon. Make yourself feel good with your pseudo psychological babble. Stick your head in the sand all day long. If you can't see the differences in this Muhammed creep, then you're hopeless. Carry on. This MUST be investigated differently.

Why thank you queen, I will exercise my option to post on ATS as long as I choose and the owners allow me to, thanks!

What are you even on about? Besides your usual irrelevant, irrational personal comments about your misguided opinions about me?

"Muhammed creep" you mean Abdulazeez? Yeah, I know you know more about the situation than the FBI, Homeland Security and local law enforcement, combined etc., but that's really only in your own mind, as far as I can tell.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Mental illness? My goodness, this is just another way to try to distance this as a hate or terror attack against servicemen and call this guy a mental illness case who used drugs.

F&%^ that folks. Half a dozen trips to known terror locals overseas. I do not remember Loughner, holmes or Lanza doing that. They were nuts....

So, I guess all of the koran references and talk about hating the US is just mental illness?

I am tired of the 'he was such a good boy'...bs......and if someone is crazy enough and wants a gun they will get one...

They are going easier on this guy than the kid who shot up the church.....the MSM and this country make me sick...

edit on 07am31amf0000002015-07-21T11:45:26-05:001126 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: LeatherNLace

Well, I don't believe it was a false flag....it just seems to be a recurring pattern....mental illness and guns obtained without any form of background check.

Perhaps I misread your comment. Is the lack of background checks and the prevalence of mental illnesses among several high-profile murderers correlated, do you think?

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I feel like I'm losing my mind or something. I could've sworn his friends absolutely did not see this coming because he was always a happy guy, joking around a lot and very positive. That he was excited about his new job he's had the past few months.

Now he's depressed and bi-polar?

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   

They are absolutely correlated. Any person that is prescribed anti-psychaotic medication should be placed in a nation wide database an should have their right to bear arms permanently revoked.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   

They are absolutely correlated. Any person that is prescribed anti-psychaotic medication should be placed in a nation wide database an should have their right to bear arms permanently revoked.

I don't disagree ... but many States don't have either background checks or even a waiting period.

I would think that the mentally ill would be a pretty obvious exclusion from eligibility.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: LeatherNLace

never mind I misread your comment. My bad.
edit on 21-7-2015 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   

That was my point...we need a federal background check in all 50 states and mental illness should be a part of that background check. Sure, it will not stop every single instance of gun violence, but it would certainly limit the opportunities those psychos have to cause harm to others.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   

That was my point...we need a federal background check in all 50 states and mental illness should be a part of that background check. Sure, it will not stop every single instance of gun violence, but it would certainly limit the opportunities those psychos have to cause harm to others.

Great point. Sorry to misread your post!

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   

They will just feign the illness as a cover (like in this case), and get the weapons from the handlers like ISIS.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

They will just feign the illness as a cover (like in this case), and get the weapons from the handlers like ISIS.

You seem to know a lot about ISIS/ISIL Xuenchen ... just sayin.

How would you know this kind of stuff?

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   
It wasn't a coincidence he chose Marines as his target...

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Mental illness. What defines mental illness. Not me...not you...but a doctor.

So, if you are stressed out because of the death of a relative or a divorce, get some anti-anxiety meds to get through it then that should exclude you from making a gun purchase?

A slippery slope is a government who wants to ban weapons from would use as an excuse. I think a certain regime in the 30's did this...

Look at the facts. He had 2 weapons. Attacked 2 separate locations. Rented a vehicle to try not to tie it to himself. Does this show mental illness?

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Did anyone see the words "mental illness" and "anti-psychotics" above?

No is talking about grieving over a loss, or taking fricking Prozac.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
Mental illness? My goodness, this is just another way to try to distance this as a hate or terror attack against servicemen and call this guy a mental illness case who used drugs.

F&%^ that folks. Half a dozen trips to known terror locals overseas. I do not remember Loughner, holmes or Lanza doing that. They were nuts....

So, I guess all of the koran references and talk about hating the US is just mental illness?

I am tired of the 'he was such a good boy'...bs......and if someone is crazy enough and wants a gun they will get one...

They are going easier on this guy than the kid who shot up the church.....the MSM and this country make me sick...

It's called liberal denial.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I have to think that people who are obsessed with hating other races are in one form or another mentally ill. i don't see the logic behind blanket hated of a group. Whether it is black, white, muslim, christian, southerner or northerner.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
I have to think that people who are obsessed with hating other races are in one form or another mentally ill. i don't see the logic behind blanket hated of a group. Whether it is black, white, muslim, christian, southerner or northerner.

I think it's because we all generalize ... we conceptualize so much data under terms ... quick example ... think of all the billions of totally individual things can be referred to merely as "a tree."

If I talk about Christians ... I am relating my average general experience with those who define themselves that way.

Now, I know hundreds of Christians that are great people ... and I know hundreds who aren't.

It's the generality of language on one hand, and our innate xenophobia on the other.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   
They're now calling it a "homegrown violent extremist." Does that mean it's terrorism and he's not depressed and bi-polar?

www.usatoday.com...
edit on 22-7-2015 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   
whether or not he was a mentally ill person is not my concern, my concern is that he was indeed following and watching radical muslim videos.

reports from yesterday and today say that the FBI have found link to the videos on his phone and in his writings going back to 2013.

and he wasn't following isis, he was following U.S. born al-qaeda recruiter Anwar al-Awlaki. same as the Ft. Hood shooter.

Chattanooga Shooter: Officials Investigating 'Typical American' Gone Wrong
Chattanooga Shooter Mohammod Abdulazeez Followed Al Qaeda Cleric Online in 2013
Report: Chattanooga Shooter Thought ISIS Was ‘Stupid,’ Preferred al-Qaeda

plus there are reports that his father was once on a terror watch list and that his uncle is being detained in Jordan.

Chattanoog a gunman’s uncle detained in Jordan as investigators seek terror link

you know what i say, Quack, Quack, if you get my drift.
edit on 22-7-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join