It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Function of The 4 Elements (Fire, Water, Air, Earth), Do people still work with them?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 03:08 AM
link   
People associate qualities (adjectives) with the 4 elements but I think it makes sense to focus on function as it makes it easier as to how to work with these elements.

Fire - To Do

Water - To Feel

Air - To Think

Earth - To Have

White seems to be the main color for air because of clouds and yellow seems more warm and related to The Sun/Fire.

As secondary colors for the elements...

I think Orange and Yellow/Gold would also symbolize fire because of The Sun and the color of a flame.

I think Crystal Transparency and White would also symbolize water because slow moving water, such as from a faucet looks clear and fast running water, such as from a faucet running fast looks white.

Brown or black may also symbolize Earth because of dirt/soil.

It seems like the 4 Classical Elements are not so important in the New Age community. Do any of you interested in New Age or Metaphysics meditate or work with them?

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 03:25 AM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

They are profoundly important in my work. In fact, nearly everything I do is relevant to them in some way (numerically, direction, colors, state of mind, altar items, divination placements, timing, etc). I would probably say that, if left with no other concepts to work with, I'd be fine working with that as a foundation for just about any workings.

I love what you did with adding functions to them. Totally fits.
edit on 21-7-2015 by Cuervo because: spellinz

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 04:29 AM
link   

I still do but I feel it is really dying out.

I am of the personal opinion that we are having the elements taken away from us. Fire is one of the most important things we have in life yet it is now only every portrayed as a negative thing that causes destruction and death, In the Uk hardly anybody has an open fire in there house anymore and even a bonfire in the garden is frowned upon. I think this is why so many people here have bbq's in the summer, it's the closest we get to the natural state of fire.

The air we breate is polluted and the water is either polluted or filled with chemicals.

Even the earth is being taken away from us, covered in tarmac and concrete creating a barrier between us and is portrayed as "dirty".

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 05:17 AM
link   

I work with the elements. I use fire to heat food, light cigarettes, heat metal. I use water to keep me alive, to cleanse myself, to boil food in, to keep plants alive. Air is part of the fire triangle, and is essential for respiratory function, and so I use that stuff all the time. Earth is where I grow my plants, but I can also use it to put out fires, as an abrasive, to pitch a tent on, and a whole host of other handy things.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 05:19 AM
link   

water is pretty important to Californians right now.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Good point. According to the Zoroastrianism, the wicked one, "Ahriman", said he would put salt in the waters so life can't drink it and will get humanity to turn against the good spirit Ohrmazd and ruin the Earth, their own home/environment...

Meanwhile, in other religions more popular, people pray for the end of the world/nature.

new topics

top topics

join