It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN predicts 9.0 earthquake in bay area, california

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 01:21 AM
link   
So, the ticker says massive 9.0 earthquake hits bay area then it goes away. The date is July 10, 2015.
youtu.be...

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 01:27 AM
link   
The title of video called it a"slip"?Rather odd.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Well Its July 20th I think we are Ok ....

My logical reply is that it was most likely a mistake of some sort .

Strange Mistake though .
edit on 06/17/2015 by Kapusta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Kapusta

That was only 10 days ago though.

The real question is, when was it meant to be aired.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Probably has more to do with having ticker bits pre-prepared for every possible scenario & someone having the equivalent of Fat Finger Syndrome with the keyboard & hitting the wrong thing -- it didn't happen, but oops, out for broadcast it went anyway, Derp.

And considering at nearly 3am my time on July 21, 11 days later & no California Niner yet, I'd say it's certainly no prediction.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 01:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Well there is always tomorrow, or the day after that!

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 01:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Well there is always tomorrow, or the day after that!

Well sure, but you might as well be relying on Miss Cleo for the doomsday predictions if a ticker mistake is what qualifies as one

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 01:48 AM
link   

So you think they just have ticker lines for all scenarios just ready? Theres alot of # that they would have to have ready. Plus it gave a magnitute. Plus there's this.www.intellihub.com...

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 01:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: concerned190
a reply to: Kapusta

That was only 10 days ago though.

The real question is, when was it meant to be aired.

yeah I hear you , I Suppose we just have to wait this one out .

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: concerned190

Absolutely. It wouldn't surprise me at all if they had a massive database pertaining to future unrest & disasters globally, and used keywords for queuing them up on a dime. Think of it like this -- ever seen the "Brian Williams Raps 'Baby Got Back'" video? Pretty sure that was done via using every lyric as a keyword and arranging them appropriately. Point is, the ability to have a keyword-specific database for pre-made ticker blips exists. If every single time Brian Williams said "anaconda" can be brought back up, entries in a system for events yet to happen can be brought up on the spot if the event ever does happen.

And no kidding the West coast would get slapped if it ever happened. That's a huge fault that could unleash hell if it unzipped fully, that's a no duh. I suggest spending some time in our Earthquake threads in the Fragile Earth forum if you still have questions about it, there are posters who contribute vast amounts of information to those.
edit on 7/21/2015 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/21/2015 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 02:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
Probably has more to do with having ticker bits pre-prepared for every possible scenario & someone having the equivalent of Fat Finger Syndrome with the keyboard & hitting the wrong thing -- it didn't happen, but oops, out for broadcast it went anyway, Derp.

And considering at nearly 3am my time on July 21, 11 days later & no California Niner yet, I'd say it's certainly no prediction.

I agree that it was something of this nature.Perhaps they received a false EQ report and though prepared ticker,was released by accident.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Is Brian Williams at CNN?

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 02:41 AM
link   
It's pretty creepy, even for an error. I looked to see if CNN mentioned a correction, news agencies mention errors all the time. I couldn't find anywhere that CNN mentioned the error.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Considering how short those tickers are, and how often I catch typos in them, I doubt they are in a massive database. What would be the point? Why pay someone to type up tiny headlines for every possible scenario when you could just as easily type them as needed and put them in the feed?

A Massive database seems to be a far too complicated way to handle something that would be much easier to do by hand even today.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Well this is odd... A doom thread for a date that passed 11 days ago... I'm not sure, but I THINK we are in the clear here. Let me go run some more tests and get back to you though.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I think the question is more why someone would have slipped that in there.

I'm wondering if it was something to do with the reports of a potential to have a massive quake along the NW seaboard, but it got written wrong and sounded like San Fran instead. Remember all the stories about the NW Seaboard Mega thrust in the news lately.

edit on 21-7-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Meh, just an error. They probably did have something pretyped and the wrong message got cycled through the scrolling display.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Eesh...this kinda stuff always makes me worry because I have a lot of e-friends in California.

Just saw on the news that the bay area got hit by a 4.0 last night. Guess that's not unusual...

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   
The question is not that IF it will happen, but more like WHEN. But it has been 11 days, and no mag 9 earthquake yet, but probably within next 50 years. Could be today, tomorrow, next week... It's a time bomb.

I just say that people living there are brave, or they don't know how big risk of 9th magnitude earthquake there is. Palm Springs, Los Angeles and San Francisco will have highest risk of devastation if Big One hits.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: concerned190

Today is the 21st.

That means we have just 11 days to prepare!

OMG!

Time is going to go backwards AND we'll have an earthquake!

AAAIIIGGGHHHH!!!!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join